bfgBellerophon
7,737 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 13, 17 1:58 PM
Hi wigwag53,

I'm sorry that your achievements aren't registering properly in your game. For this specific issue, please reach out to our Midnight Castle Support Team with your player ID and details of the issue. If you are able to provide a screenshot of this achievement, that would help. Just in case it's needed, I'll include help pages below on how to obtain this information:

What is an in-game ID?
Taking A Screenshot

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or any of the Active Moderators. We are always happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

Debbieg54
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Debbieg54 on Apr 13, 17 6:19 PM
I know that the support people are trying, but it is very discouraging to be told that my original game cant be found and that I am being reset at level 74. I was on level 76. I had thousands of items in my inventory. All but a few achievements completed, all avatars except the two new ones, all but 6 of the enchanted eggs for one of the new achievements and working on the second level for the other new one. I had every pet, over 3,064,00 in gold coins and about 1764 in diamonds. Absolutely everything is gone from my original playing. I had only a few achievements to finish totally. Every one of my 118 friends are gone. Absolutely everything. At this point, I really want my original game found and reset. How is it possible that they can't find it?

[Post New]by angeldove126771 on Apr 14, 17 6:46 PM
lost game again right when you were doing updates 3 days ago same way i lost it back in oct .18th 2016 my user name is pumpkin ID#621683 level 76 and i had all spring break done all i needed was 3 things in achievements that was the bunnyin spring terrace, the man on collecting eggs and the lady for collecting globes of ladies, lords and creatures

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Apr 15, 17 10:29 AM
Hi All,

I understand that some players have been seeing a loss of progress in their games, and I absolutely understand the frustration and concern this can cause. All of our teams here definitely want people to be able to continue playing their games without encountering glitches like this.

Whenever someone notices that progress or items have disappeared the Forum Moderation Team recommends contacting our Midnight Castle Support Team with your player ID. Our Reps have access to tools that are needed to investigate the situation further so that they can provide the best possible assistance, and they're always willing to help. Info for locating the player ID can be found on that Support Team page, in case anyone needs it.

Debbieg54, I'm sorry to hear that you saw that progress disappear from your game! I understand that you've reached out to our Support Team about this, and it sounds like you have some concerns.

All of our Reps here absolutely want people to be enjoying their games, and they're happy to assist as best they can. However, I do want to mention that, due to the different variables that make up technical issues, the steps and help they can offer depends on the specific situation being encountered. Because of this, there may be limitations on the support that they're able to provide.

When concerns like this come up while in contact with our Support Team, the best thing to do is reply to the last email you received and let them know. The forums don't contain the tools needed to investigate technical problems in-depth, however one of our Reps will be sure to get back to you as soon as they're able.

Thank you both for your patience. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM one of our active Moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

[Post New]by Jennifer422 on Apr 15, 17 7:26 PM
I just updated my PC with the new Windows 10 update. Midnight Castle won't run now. I click on it in the Big Fish application and it acts like it is running up to the point where a blank icon appears in the task bar. Then it disappears and the game doesn't run.

Farin4just
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Farin4just on Apr 15, 17 10:25 PM
Jennifer422 wrote:I just updated my PC with the new Windows 10 update. Midnight Castle won't run now. I click on it in the Big Fish application and it acts like it is running up to the point where a blank icon appears in the task bar. Then it disappears and the game doesn't run.
Hi Jennifer422, Same thing happened to me yesterday. I'm sad it happened to you too but happy I'm not the only one! I have tried all the options I can think of; even uninstalling the update and uninstalling/reinstalling BFG and MC without success. It has also affected one of my other BFG games as well. All I can suggest is to contact Customer Support and attach a Dr Felix report so the boffins can try to work out and solve the problem. Good luck!

Edited on 04/15/2017 at 10:25:31 PM PST

danielat2
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by danielat2 on Apr 16, 17 5:31 AM
I also lost my game. I was playing, and suddenly the game crashed (it never happened to me before). then when I started it again, everything is gone, my name, my progress, everything. I was at level 60, player ID 598063. Strangely, after starting the game again, not only all is gone, but it is unquittable - had to close it through task manager. I submitted also the request with the issue. This can't be happening during castle challenge, please, help.

Edited on 04/16/2017 at 5:39:01 AM PST

[Post New]by LolanfromCanada on Apr 16, 17 2:47 PM
Farin4just wrote:
Jennifer422 wrote:I just updated my PC with the new Windows 10 update. Midnight Castle won't run now. I click on it in the Big Fish application and it acts like it is running up to the point where a blank icon appears in the task bar. Then it disappears and the game doesn't run.
Hi Jennifer422, Same thing happened to me yesterday. I'm sad it happened to you too but happy I'm not the only one! I have tried all the options I can think of; even uninstalling the update and uninstalling/reinstalling BFG and MC without success. It has also affected one of my other BFG games as well. All I can suggest is to contact Customer Support and attach a Dr Felix report so the boffins can try to work out and solve the problem. Good luck!

[Post New]by LolanfromCanada on Apr 16, 17 2:49 PM
same happened to me with windows 10 update. can't access my friend code for tech support so am at a loss. l also lost access to another BF game.

Edited on 04/16/2017 at 2:50:30 PM PST

Farin4just
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Farin4just on Apr 16, 17 3:38 PM
LolanfromCanada wrote:same happened to me with windows 10 update. can't access my friend code for tech support so am at a loss. l also lost access to another BF game.

Oh no. I still recommend you contact Customer Support to let them know. I am hoping that when they find the solution and we upload the fix, your game will be restored automatically without the techos having to manually reload. Fingers and toes crossed!

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Apr 16, 17 4:06 PM
Hi All,

I'm sorry to hear that some players have been coming across issues in the game, and I wanted to stop in with help. I also wanted to thank Farin4just for taking the time to post that great advice.

As they mentioned, if people are experiencing a loss of progress or are seeing a persisting technical issue, we encourage contacting our Midnight Castle Support Team with your player ID and a Dr. Felix Report.

The Forum Moderation Team definitely understands if you don't have access to that player ID. In that situation, I encourage sending our Support Team as much information as possible about the profile, such as the username and level. Our Reps will absolutely be willing to help as best they can!

Additionally, our help articles may be able to assist with some issues. I went ahead and included one below that can be useful when a game is crashing or isn't opening, and I encourage giving the steps it includes a try if you haven't done so already:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Thank you for your patience.

bfgPanthalassa

Judy_Bishop
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here

[Post New]by Judy_Bishop on Apr 17, 17 1:52 AM
I am not able to update Midnight Castle for the spring event. I reported this on April 10th and followed the steps but I still can't gain access. I sent screen shots with additional information on April 12th but still have not had a response. I have updated other FTP games since but when I check for updates and select to install updates, it goes to the Install Updates page and when I click on it, I get the message "No game updates available" and the button to click to my games.
Your help would be much appreciated as I do want to complete the 1000 Spring room HOS this year!
Resolved:-
I deleted Midnight Castle game and installed it again - now back into the castle to catch up! It would have been good to have had some reassurance from Customer Support this was what I needed to do.

Edited on 04/17/2017 at 9:43:13 AM PST

Farin4just
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Farin4just on Apr 17, 17 5:35 AM
For those who have lost access to MC following latest Windows 10 update, I have been able to regain access by Restoring previous version of Windows 10 through Settings; Security; Backup/Recovery area on the PC. Very happy once again but have a bit of catching up to do!!

dogpenny
Clownfish
Clownfish
533 Posts

Cant get in

[Post New]by dogpenny on Apr 17, 17 10:41 AM
I cant sign in it keeps going around in circles to open then close. I hope I have not lost my progress in the game and have to start over I was at level 61 looking for the last part of the scroll to get into the next hidden object place I hope I dont have to start over. Can anyone here help me?

[Post New]by vark69 on Apr 17, 17 2:36 PM
Had done the Windows update, second part, Mid Night Castle no longer works, it did before the update, worked fine, was good working order, but not anymore. I contacted Help, an did the program download of DrflexResults, did it an sent in the results, nothing was found, that would help me any. The game acts like it wants to start, then thanks me for playing the game, I did not eve play the game, an already its shutting down on me. Has anyone done the second part of the windows up of Windows 10 an Mid Night Castle game works after wards ? I like to know, know its not just me but every one else too ?????

margboul
Herring
Herring
325 Posts

[Post New]by margboul on Apr 17, 17 2:53 PM
Since the win 10 creative update was installed, I have been experiencing the same problems. The question is: Should we wait for the patch or do, as was previously suggested, we go back to a prior version? I would prefer a patch since the win update is fun! Anyway, I am not going to make a formal complaint since, in this case, I suspect one should be enough!

Farin4just
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

Cant get in

[Post New]by Farin4just on Apr 17, 17 2:56 PM
dogpenny wrote:I cant sign in it keeps going around in circles to open then close. I hope I have not lost my progress in the game and have to start over I was at level 61 looking for the last part of the scroll to get into the next hidden object place I hope I dont have to start over. Can anyone here help me?

Has your PC recently updated Windows10? Your problem sounds like the one that I had (see earlier post). I tried all the options recommended by MC game crashing/freezing etc without success. So I Restored the previous version of Windows10 and got my game back without losing anything. However, it is a temporary fix only as the software is continually seeking to reload the update and allows me to defer the update for 5 days only. I have to go into Settings regularly to extend the deadline until they hopefully find a fix. Good luck!

bfgIlinalta
1,804 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Apr 17, 17 5:24 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for reporting issues being seen in the PC version of Midnight Castle. It sounds like players are seeing trouble with playing the game on Windows 10 recently. I'm sorry that this has occurred and wanted to provide some suggestions before providing how to contact our Midnight Castle Support Team for more help.

In this case, it may be helpful to make note of your in-game Friend Code, if you haven't already and are able to do so, and then to try to reinstall Midnight Castle as it sounds like this was able to resolve the issue for other players that have reported this recently. For steps on how to do that, the following article may be helpful:

Uninstalling & Reinstalling (Computer)

Just in case players are unsure where to retrieve that Friend Code, the following page contains steps on where to find it, if you are able to retrieve it:

What is my Friend Code?

If that doesn't seem to address the issue, I definitely recommend contacting our Midnight Castle Support Team with your Friend Code, if it is available. If you are unable to retrieve it, please still get in touch. Our Reps are always happy to help out and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

Thank you all for your patience, and I hope this is helpful. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

MrsPuzzler
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by MrsPuzzler on Apr 18, 17 9:56 AM
Well everyone I lost my entire game on April 15. I was at level76 halfway through the Spring event . I contacted support immediately and have heard nothing. I have been playing this game since it started and cant even understand how something like this can even happen. My ID is 5488. Has anyone got their original game back yet?

margboul
Herring
Herring
325 Posts

[Post New]by margboul on Apr 18, 17 12:21 PM
This is just for information. With the new win10 update, your mouse might not be working properly. Don't throw it away, reinstall it. It works!!

Go to: