Dancing_Cat
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

You Gotta Love Those Dancing Skeletons!

[Post New]by Dancing_Cat on Sep 10, 09 5:39 AM
I've got another game by the same people - 10 Talismans - which has similar beautiful art work. I love it because it is so tranquil and calming. This is has the same fonts but it's delightfully wacky. I've got tears in my eyes from laughing at the skeletons who have different costumes - hats, wigs, hooks, peg legs - and are great dancers. You get single skeletons and groups. They are what sold the game to me.

The match three part is challenging enough to keep things interesting and you can play against the clock or in Timeless mode where you can take as long as you like.

(Short pause for another fit of giggling)

I'm a dance teacher and I'd love to have those guys in my classes. My students are very helpful and friendly so I'm sure the skeletons would have a warm welcome after people had gotten over the initial shock.

This pirate game gets my vote for the most FUN I've had in a long while

Are there any more games by the same studio that I could try?

firestone1960
Flounder
Flounder
2,309 Posts

Re:You Gotta Love Those Dancing Skeletons!

[Post New]by firestone1960 on Sep 10, 09 6:25 AM
You are ssooooo right about those skeletons!!!

I am going to have to buy this game just for the laughs from this - not to mention the fact that I luv M3 - so this is a great game for me...I find that I have a problem with seeing the diagonal matches...lol...so it makes it especially good for me ~ as it wont be quite so easy, or, at least a little more work anyway!

I didn't realize that 10 Talismans was the same group, I really like that game as well.

Dancing_Cat
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by Dancing_Cat on Sep 10, 09 8:05 AM
I've just finished level 49 and I got a line of 7 skeletons all in different head gear. The one in the middle is wearing a cowboy hat and guess what? I teach Line Dancing. :-D

I think it must be from the same studio as 10 Talismans because some of the design elements are so similar even though the characters of the two games are very different. So much work must have gone into making those skeletons dance. I dread to think how long it took the designers. Well done both for the work and the imagination to come up with these ideas in the first place

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Mar 7, 10 3:04 PM
Match-3 game with a different take. When you place an item to create the match, you're picking up the item that was in that space. For instance, if you have a diamond in your hand, and place it where a chest is to make a diamond-match, you'll have the chest in your hand that you now need to make a match with.

And yes, you can make diagonal matches - hard for me to see, too!

The game is OK, but the dancing skeletons between scenes are to die for! ROTFL They are so awesome! I want them as a screen saver for my computer! Just the dancing skeletons with no background Love 'em! hehehehe

ajuma
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,142 Posts

[Post New]by ajuma on Dec 16, 10 3:36 AM
I've never really thought that I "chuckled" but the dancing skeletons do just that to me! They're just so funny!!

Go to: