HonInBalto
Manatee
Manatee
3,526 Posts

You think this one's bad?

[Post New]by HonInBalto on Sep 10, 09 7:40 AM
Try playing Atlantis Quest, THE hardest match 3 ever! I actually thought I had finished the stupid thing, and then realized there was (I think) one more set of levels, Rome 2 or something ridiculous. I've rarely heard more filthy language come out of my own mouth, and I'm not talking the f word.
As for this one, freezes are your best friend. The circles that give you extra time are extremely helpful too, as are the gold shield challenges, if you pick and choose them and cancel the ones that look impossible, or if they're going to deprive you of a freeze or something else you need. And after you knock a letter off, the next letter (so far) comes from above where you make the next match, so never make it under those idiotic blocks.
Unfortunately, you're Really not going to like this. Seems your reward for finishing 27 is Finally! Stonehammer! Woo-hoo! Which is VERY effective at removing petrifacted objects. Gee thanks. Maybe when it upgrades.

Edited on 09/10/2009 at 7:41:33 AM PST

Linda_S_55
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

Re:You think this one's bad?

[Post New]by Linda_S_55 on Sep 11, 09 5:35 PM
Yes, I do all the freezes I can and I get as much of the red matches as I can to gain those precious 19 seconds of extra time. But I'm STILL only able to to get, at the most so far, 8 letters. At this level I think they needed to write in the program to work two letters at the same time. I wish I had the patience to try to get through level 27 but at this point, it's a no-go.

Thanks for the info on what is awarded. I was wondering when Stonehammer would come in.

Linda

jannishan
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by jannishan on Sep 19, 09 4:27 AM
I have played may match games but this is the worst one I have come across so far. with only 1 letter at a time and a quote of many and no time to do it in it is near impossible. I have even disabled 'use accelorator' with no avail. I would love to see someone get through lvl 27 in the time they give you. am very disappointed in this game. Up until lvl 27 I was enjoying it even though it was a challenge.

Auction3d
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Auction3d on Sep 19, 09 6:21 AM
I'm on level 29 and have not had any problem with any of the levels yet. In fact it seems rather easy to me. Not really sure what trouble you might be having but I seem to have more than enough time left after every level.

At first I was worried when I saw the stone blocks that don't move but since the letters drop right through them to get to the bottom no worries there.

Good luck with your game.

HonInBalto
Manatee
Manatee
3,526 Posts

[Post New]by HonInBalto on Sep 20, 09 3:05 AM
Ty, Auction3d,

I tried to quote you , but I Still can't figure out how to, even w/the "helpful" FAQ's. But I also have my acceleration on, and though i've had a little experience w/match 3 games, I'm far from a freaking genius. I'm beginning to wonder if it's running differently on different 'puter's or what. Everybody keep posting please, this one's making me curious. There's sumptin' weird here

Edited on 09/20/2009 at 3:07:56 AM PST

[Post New]by Beronika1954 on Sep 23, 09 10:25 AM
OK, I got burned and stupidly bought the Atlantis Quest Game- my fault for not checking out the forum. I loved the trial but then when you buy it, the levels get too hard. SO I tried this game's trial and I also love it, but I do not want anything that is too hard or stressful (recovering from major surgery here...). What Match Game do you recommend then that uses strategy but maybe with a no-timer option? Or a relaxed mode. Or an "I feel dumb" option.... LOL
Bear in mind, I like the rewards and moving letters or objects down to see progress and I appreciate this game does not bump you down all the way when you lose a level, you just have to keep redoing it.

HonInBalto
Manatee
Manatee
3,526 Posts

[Post New]by HonInBalto on Sep 24, 09 11:03 PM
This one (7 artifacts) has a relaxed level. The 1st screen you see has a button marked high scores/relax-click on that. On that screen you'll see mostly scores, and also a button that says "select level". Click on that. Then you'll see a big green button towards the top of the page that says relax mode. Game on! you can take your time and enjoy yourself. Sorry to hear about your surgery; hope you recover real fast. As for other games w/ relaxed modes (M3's), PM me, I know a gazillion of 'em.

play5
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by play5 on Nov 30, 11 3:52 AM
were are the letters when you play relaxed mode?

Go to: