Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Country Tales here

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Sep 29, 15 12:33 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 09/29/2015 at 6:40:19 AM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Country Tales here

[Post New]by bfgGlithui on Sep 29, 15 6:40 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgGlithui

pita1234
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by pita1234 on Sep 29, 15 11:11 AM
Stalls, white spaces. VERY slow to try and play. Windows XP.

skpjazz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
491 Posts

[Post New]by skpjazz on Sep 29, 15 3:56 PM
I also have the same problems as "pita1234". Also Windows XP.
To elaborate further, this problem is in between the levels. The map is very slow to materialize, and white boxes are where the narrative should be. The other in between scenes also have no narrative (white spaces), although a few scenes are normal, but still slow to materialize. The actual playing of each level seems to be working OK. I was able to play up to level 9 or 10 (can't remember at this point), but I could not go any further, because it didn't check off one of the goals I had completed (build three houses with one star). When I go back to the main menu, part of the screen is blocked off white (if I wait long enough it eventually appears).
I will contact customer service to get a refund unless more people have this problem, and Ivan recognizes this as a fixable problem.

I am not really a time management game person, but I was having fun with this game, and wanted to see where it went. If I happen to be one of the few having problems, I will just except the fact that maybe my operating system can't handle this game.

boogienites
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by boogienites on Sep 30, 15 7:30 AM
Downloaded game is jerky and slow. Characters stop in the middle of activity but eventually completes them. I love time management games and hope this is something that can be fixed. Then, and only then, will I purchase this game. I have Windows 8; not sure if it is XP or Vista ... how do I determine this?

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Sep 30, 15 7:32 AM
Hi pita1234 and skpjazz,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with this particular game. It may be helpful to ensure that everything is up to date with your video card. I'll include a help article below that contains hints on how to do that:

If you find that you are still experiencing this game running slow, please do not hesitate to contact our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. They can definitely help to further troubleshoot.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by electrcspacegrl on Sep 30, 15 2:14 PM
I played the game for 15 min morning, but now it freezes up while loading. I have reinstalled it twice and the same thing happens. I'm on a Mac.

Edited on 09/30/2015 at 2:15:00 PM PST

cyndihugs
Salmon
Salmon
2,926 Posts

[Post New]by cyndihugs on Sep 30, 15 3:20 PM
skpjazz wrote:I also have the same problems as "pita1234". Also Windows XP.
To elaborate further, this problem is in between the levels. The map is very slow to materialize, and white boxes are where the narrative should be. The other in between scenes also have no narrative (white spaces), although a few scenes are normal, but still slow to materialize. The actual playing of each level seems to be working OK. I was able to play up to level 9 or 10 (can't remember at this point), but I could not go any further, because it didn't check off one of the goals I had completed (build three houses with one star). When I go back to the main menu, part of the screen is blocked off white (if I wait long enough it eventually appears).
I will contact customer service to get a refund unless more people have this problem, and Ivan recognizes this as a fixable problem.

I am not really a time management game person, but I was having fun with this game, and wanted to see where it went. If I happen to be one of the few having problems, I will just except the fact that maybe my operating system can't handle this game.

-------------

Same problem here but I didn't even get to play anything whatsoever! I couldn't even get my name in the profile, just a white box. When the 1st level appeared, it had small white boxes in different places on the screen, so I closed it out, uninstalled it and will try to install again as I really want to play this game but only have 30 something minutes left, that's how long it took just to get to the 1st level and that is counting skipping everything I could! The one time I saw the graphics, they were very clear and it looks to be a fun game...hopefully it will work when I reinstall. Going to do a disk cleanup first. *Crosses fingers*.
I also have Windows XP but since it went bye bye, I use Google Chrome. Think I'm going to try this game elsewhere and see how it plays there, I've done this with other games and for some odd reason they'd work there...go figure.

Sure hope the Dev. reads this threads as well as the one he started...maybe it needs a patch? I just want it to play so I can get it here at BF.

lucyb24
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by lucyb24 on Sep 30, 15 5:31 PM
Crashed on me on the Beta test and reported it and nothing changed after the release. Black screen of death and had to manually reboot.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Oct 1, 15 12:27 AM
boogienites wrote:Downloaded game is jerky and slow. Characters stop in the middle of activity but eventually completes them. I love time management games and hope this is something that can be fixed. Then, and only then, will I purchase this game. I have Windows 8; not sure if it is XP or Vista ... how do I determine this?

Windows 8 is an operating system (OS) in its own right. XP and Vista are also operating systems, just previous versions. Generally speaking you would only have one OS on your computer at any time, so yours is Windows 8.

Hope this makes it clear

ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by ivanbral on Oct 1, 15 12:39 AM
if you see white boxes on the screen, this is 99% related to display card and display drivers. If you update drivers it's likely that it will solve the problem.

FunIt
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by FunIt on Oct 1, 15 6:02 AM
I had the "slow game" problem with the BETA, that was almost unplayable.
This version works fine for me, though. Win 7

skpjazz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
491 Posts

[Post New]by skpjazz on Oct 1, 15 10:38 AM
Just to let Ivan know, I tried updating my display card/driver, and it didn't help. The game still is slow and alot of white boxes. But after I read cyndihugs post, where she and I both use XP and Google Chrome, I was wondering if the fact that Chrome no longer supports Shockwave Flash that BFG uses, if that represent a problem in some of these games.

If Ivan (or another "tech person gamer") has any advice about this, I would appreciate a response.

Thanks!

[Post New]by ANKROSU on Oct 4, 15 2:59 PM
Yesterday I played the game all day long and it was ok, today, after the game was loading, when I pushed the button "play now" an error message appears [liteser.ccp.120] Invalid header. Windows XP

Edited on 10/04/2015 at 3:17:05 PM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Oct 5, 15 2:18 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that players are having issues with this particular game.

If you haven't already, it is highly recommended to look at the following help article for any hints:

If you find that you are still having issues, please reach out to our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. They are always willing to help further troubleshoot. The support team also has the tools to keep track of and report the issues you are experiencing.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by babblez on Oct 7, 15 8:22 AM
Crashed my computer trying to open this game. Mac
Tried reinstall, same thing.

[Post New]by sophie_23 on Oct 18, 15 9:03 AM
Installed the game yesterday and it closes on its own all the time. I am using a MAC computer and have installed the latest updates from Apple (IOS Capitain) or something like that. I followed the instructions on the link

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen but no luck. I deleted the game and re-installed it using a new player profile, it still crashes all the time. The last two games I have purchased from Big Fish have not worked properly...thinking I may cancel my membership.

Go to: