A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 09/29/2015 at 6:39:11 AM PST

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Country Tales here

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Sep 29, 15 2:49 AM
Well this is not a proper review as I have only played 7 levels.

However:

I fell in love with this game at the begining. The Country & Western music was just so relaxing right from the start. Just what I need on my rare day off..

There is a story going on ( I won't spoil it for you, but the main character looks just like Woody from Toy story LOL.

There are 3 levels of difficulty, one relaxed, one normal & one extreme. I demo'd in normal.

Something was bugging me from the start. The music and game play was soooo familiar. So I came on here & found out why. ( Thanks Ivan) This is very similar to The Kingdom Tales games, so we just know we are onto a winner.

Level 7 I found a glittering chest YES !!!!!..

Of course this is a buy ( already bought ) but I will now start again and find ALL the chests.

Level 7 I found it took me a few go's at, so I don't think this game will be easy at all, but strategically do-able.

There are acheivements for those who like them.

There is a good tutorial for the first 5 levels & the helpful hints on load-up are actually helpful LOL.

Strongly recommend & Thank you Ivan for this great game.

ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by ivanbral on Sep 29, 15 3:10 AM
glad to hear you like the game, jojo_the_joyful!
enjoy!!!

Ivan
Cateia Games

nelliegemini
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,898 Posts

[Post New]by nelliegemini on Sep 29, 15 3:18 AM
I've bought it, am having great fun (stuck at pesky no. 7!). Like jojo, I am starting again now I have discovered treasure.

I did try the first level on hard.

It was silly!

Back to playing as normal.

sapphire46
Manatee
Manatee
3,740 Posts

[Post New]by sapphire46 on Sep 29, 15 3:30 AM
Thank you Ivan for creating games with a relaxed mode. I and many more enjoy playing time management games for relaxation, not being rushed to get gold.

jimeezlady
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by jimeezlady on Sep 29, 15 5:53 AM
I had the pleasure of Beta testing this little Builder/Time management gem and knew it would be an instant buy for me! *hint* Look for "sparkles" on the screen for a nice surprise... Thanks to Cateia Games!!

[Post New]by bfgGlithui on Sep 29, 15 6:39 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Country Tales here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Country Tales.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgGlithui

Janette5
Clownfish
Clownfish
518 Posts

[Post New]by Janette5 on Sep 29, 15 7:37 AM
Country Tales is a game where you have to build the houses, upgrade them, build support buildings etc. In addition you need to clear the roads in order to get to the buildings. Everything requires you to send someone to collect / do the task.

I did not find anything new or unique in the first 10 levels compared to similar games.

I did not find any strategy or thinking required - it is one of the games where they give you a lot of repetitive tasks in order to keep you busy - so you will spend a lot of time just watching the houses and collecting tax.

For the target market that plays games for fun and relaxation and don't mind repetitive tasks I recommend this game.

For those of us who want a challenge and to think out a strategy ... this one isn't for us. I was really bored with this game. I even found I could meet the goals by basically doing nothing - just build one shack and wait it out.

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Sep 29, 15 8:20 AM
Welcome to the pond Ivan.

I bought this game direct from Cateia several weeks ago but I like having all my games on the BF game manager for easy access so I'm going to purchase again with a coupon. This game, since it can be played in relaxed mode, is personally great fun. Good graphics, music etc., and the Woody look alike is a hoot. Good job Cateia!

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Sep 29, 15 9:34 AM
I'm actually amazed to read all the glowing reviews about this game. I beta tested it and said at the time that it was far too easy; the demo just confirmed my original thoughts. It's so dull; repetitive tasks, flat and very basic graphics, really uninteresting story and boring gameplay. I played on normal mode and completed the tasks easily within the allowed time; there's just no challenge to this game at all.

Add to that the blatant copying of Woody from Toy Story for the main character (Ted) and you get a game I wouldn't want if it were free. Sorry to be so harsh but if, like myself, you play similar games such as Royal Envoy or Northern Tale, you know how challenging and fun this genre can be. Sadly, this game is neither.

Very disappointing I had no technical issues in the short time I played. Desktop running Win7 Pro 64-bit.

ETA: I just bought Rescue Team 5; if you want to see how challenging these types of games can be, check it out!! It's not been offered here and I've not seen any games from it's developer on here for some time. I wonder why

Edited on 10/07/2015 at 3:07:05 AM PST

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Sep 29, 15 2:55 PM
I too received the beta survey several weeks ago. Liked the beta and knew it was going to be added to my too-big BFG collection.

I really appreciate the relaxed mode. Lol I still usually start in timed mode to see just how far I can get before I melt down and go back to relaxed mode.

I'm also a sucker for accomplishments so thanks for including those. ... and the chests.

As to whether or not it requires strategy, it certainly does for me! But we're all different people with different tastes (and abilities) in games, so your mileage may vary.

Country Tales, complete with western music and great graphics, is perfect for me so I'm happy to be getting it now.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Oct 1, 15 12:59 PM
Playing in normal mode and found this game really boring within the first three levels of the demo . I normally really enjoy these games, but this one the characters moved slowly and the gameplay tedious. Music dopey and the characters not very animated or even cute for that matter. Sorry, but this one didn't even register as good gameplay.

[Post New]by alknows on Oct 13, 15 11:12 AM
I'm feeling a bit disappointed with this game. It's fun, [Removed by Moderator]

Edited on 10/14/2015 at 9:47:55 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Oct 14, 15 9:51 AM
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on this particular game. I'd like to remind users of the Review Guidelines as well as the Forum Rules when posting, specifically,

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Country Tales.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

Do not discuss other game sites or game companies, positively or negatively, by name or by nickname.

Please keep in mind that this thread is specifically for Reviews Only for Country Tales. Anything not adhering to the review guidelines or Forum Rules will be removed. Thank you for your understanding. Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

Reply to: "Please post your REVIEWS for Country Tales here"

[Post New]by julie65608 on Oct 14, 15 4:00 PM
Hey Fishes,
Another great TM game. They are so far and few between I get excited when I see a new addition. This one I love. It lives up to the standard I require in a good TM. The music is nice. The characters are cute. With three difficulty levels how can you go wrong.
The extra bonus of treasure finding is a welcome plus. The sparkles are hard to see sometimes, especially in the rainy scenes. I am still looking for the treasure on level 4.
The art work is excellent. Nice colors and well drawn. The animation is smooth and easy to follow. Along with the tutorial it makes an easy transition in to full game play. My hat's off to the creator. Thank you for taking the time to create a well rounded story plot with all the bells and whistles.
I love it. I bought it after two levels of play. Try it and judge for yourself is always my motto. Remember you always get 60 minutes of free fun to decide.

Swim on fishes!

stanliness
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by stanliness on Jan 7, 16 7:35 PM
Great game. Played in normal mode and, while easy at the beginning, this game gets hard! I struggled over several levels for many replays to get the gold star. Wish I'd have known about the chapels before level 40!

I love TM games and this one will stay as one I'll happily play again.

Edited on 01/07/2016 at 7:36:32 PM PST

Go to: