ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

Chat with the developers of Country Tales!

[Post New]by ivanbral on Sep 29, 15 12:47 AM
Hi everyone!

I'm the producer behind Country Tales by Cateia Games!

I guess many of you will recognize Country Tales as unofficial sequel to our time-management games: Kingdom Tales and Kingdom Tales 2.

And, as some of your probably know, it has already become a tradition for me to chat with you on this forum. I would very much like to hear your comments & suggestions... We have been doing this for years now - every time we had a new release on Big Fish.
We believe Country Tales is our best time-management game yet, and I hope you'll find it an improvement over Kingdom Tales 1 & 2.

Keep your comments coming - I'll stay around the forum for a few days and try to catch up with everyone!

best,
Ivan
Cateia Games

Edited on 09/30/2015 at 6:59:48 AM PST

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

Re:Chat with the developers of Country Tales!

[Post New]by shagwendy on Sep 29, 15 6:18 AM
Hi, I love all your games. I played Where Angels Cry when it first came out and I can still remember it clearly, that's saying a lot! Lately I've been more into TMs than HOPAs so this game will be a buy for me as soon as October rolls around. Thank you for all your hard work.

ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by ivanbral on Sep 29, 15 6:38 AM
shagwendy wrote:Hi, I love all your games. I played Where Angels Cry when it first came out and I can still remember it clearly, that's saying a lot! Lately I've been more into TMs than HOPAs so this game will be a buy for me as soon as October rolls around. Thank you for all your hard work.

Hi shagwendy!
Thank you for your support!
Hope you'll enjoy the game...

Ivan
Cateia Games

Cyndo123
Shark
Shark
14,957 Posts

[Post New]by Cyndo123 on Sep 29, 15 7:48 AM
Hi ivanbral and welcome back!

Thankyou for another good game. I love having an endless supply of workers at times its like having ants on the screen with so many workers running around lol.

But I tell ya - you have out done yourself with hiding those treasures. Especially in the rain.

Thanks again! Off to buy

KittyQueen
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by KittyQueen on Sep 29, 15 11:22 AM
ivanbral...thanks for developing another great game. I'm starting off on the extreme level and boy, is it extreme! Quite a challenge. I've only made my way through five levels so far and had to replay two of them multiple times to achieve the diamond win. Again, thanks for the great TM game!

shepherdmoon
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by shepherdmoon on Sep 29, 15 2:48 PM
ivanbral, I'm impressed by this post: this alone makes me want to buy this game. And I just came to the forums after playing the first level to see how I could find the hidden treasure. I love it when developers communicate with their customers. Thanks for being awesome!

FunIt
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by FunIt on Sep 29, 15 3:14 PM
Hi Ivan,

I beta tested this game some time ago and it was running veeeery slow.
It works fine now, so thanks for listening!

nivlem007
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by nivlem007 on Sep 29, 15 3:31 PM
Great game, I am really enjoying the challenge and the ease of working. Two things I would have done is - The farm could produce more food and when items are collected they could count straight away instead of waiting for the workers to go home with the items. Just a thought you might have over looked. Would make the game faster and the building etc easier to gain the gold stars and diamonds.

ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by ivanbral on Sep 29, 15 11:09 PM
Hi everyone!
thanks for joining and sharing your comments and suggestions! Really appreciate it!

@shepherdmoon - glad to hear that! I do this every time Cateia releases a new game on Big Fish. I have to tell you that in past years we got some feedback from players that were pretty good, and some of it was implemented in our new games! In the end, the result is - better gameplay experience with each new game
Happy gaming!!

best,
Ivan,
Cateia Games

ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by ivanbral on Sep 29, 15 11:10 PM
nivlem007 wrote:Great game, I am really enjoying the challenge and the ease of working. Two things I would have done is - The farm could produce more food and when items are collected they could count straight away instead of waiting for the workers to go home with the items. Just a thought you might have over looked. Would make the game faster and the building etc easier to gain the gold stars and diamonds.

thanks for the suggestion! We were already thinking about doing this, but somehow we decided to stick with the current system where you have to click on taxes etc. and wait for it to be picked-up. Maybe will change this for our next game
Ivan
Cateia Games

goldendog08
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by goldendog08 on Sep 30, 15 6:34 AM
My request would be that any future game, regardless of genre, be light, funny, happy, maybe even leaning toward goofy. I can find enough dark, gloomy, evil, occult, murderous, grotesque, and spooky by watching the real world news and 90% of the new games released here at BF. I play games to escape, relax, give a teeny smile and wind down...in a word,to have FUN . I don't care if they're match 3 or HO or TM or Tower defense or solitaire or puzzle or (you get the idea). I just want a little escape when I play... Fairway Solitaire, Spooky Bonus, Vacation Cruise Director 1 & 2, Hodgepodge Hollow, City of Fools, any Scruffs games, Steven the Sheriff, Snark Busters....my favorites list really isn't that long since most developers like (and I realize might get bigger income from) the dark and macabre.

Sorry to rant here but other forum options have since been lost...

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Sep 30, 15 6:59 AM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to pop in here and thank players for their feedback on this particular game. We do encourage users to chat along with the developers so I'm going to go ahead and sticky this thread to help make it easier to find.

Happy gaming everyone!

bfgBellerophon

boogienites
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by boogienites on Sep 30, 15 9:22 AM
Hi Ivan!! Love your previous games and was really excited to see Country Tales. I may be in the minority, but I am having major problems with this game. It is jerky and causes my computer to freeze requiring a restart. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Not saying it is the game, but I don't have this problem with any other TM games including Kingdom Tales So hoping this issue will be resolved because I can't wait to get into this game even more!!! Oh and thank you for your "chatting" with us gamers!

cyndihugs
Salmon
Salmon
2,926 Posts

[Post New]by cyndihugs on Sep 30, 15 3:29 PM
boogienites wrote:Hi Ivan!! Love your previous games and was really excited to see Country Tales. I may be in the minority, but I am having major problems with this game. It is jerky and causes my computer to freeze requiring a restart. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Not saying it is the game, but I don't have this problem with any other TM games including Kingdom Tales So hoping this issue will be resolved because I can't wait to get into this game even more!!! Oh and thank you for your "chatting" with us gamers!

I had to uninstall it, can't play it...it has white boxes are over the game, have 30 something minutes left to play and haven't play a single thing, am hoping after I do a disk cleanup (from uninstalling game in folders too), that it will work/play when I reinstall it.

There's one or two that have almost the same problem as myself, I posted about it in the "Tech Issues" and hope Ivanbral will read those, maybe he'll be able to help us. Sure hope so as I really want this game!

[Post New]by lorikgator on Sep 30, 15 6:33 PM
I can't tell you how happy I am to have a developer really listening to the players of a game! It's clear your games are such fun because you take this opportunity. People here on Big Fish are AVID casual gamers with some very strong opinions - we love to tell people what we think, they just usually aren't listening!

One rather minor thing that still manages to gnaw at me when I see an otherwise good game is the issue of grammar and spelling. I haven't encountered many here, but there's at least one dialog segment - the one where the Mayor is "thinking out loud" after talking to the ship builder about his own personal plans for the build. I didn't copy the comment, but I believe there was at least an extra "I" in there that caused it to read awkwardly. I really understand how much work goes into producing these games - and the tight timelines everyone is under to deliver and stay competitive - but I can't help but rank quality by attention to detail. Sometimes grasp of the English language (other developers, not you) or just missed items due to rushing to completion (or just staring at the same thing for so long you don't even see it anymore!) can lead to minor overlooked items like this.

For what it's worth, this Grammar snob DID learn something in thinking I was right and you were wrong! I thought the proper plural of shaman was "shamen" - now I know better, though "shamans" just sounds weird! :-)

Regardless, thanks for an excellent - if DIFFICULT (starting at level 20 I had to temporarily suspend my quest for all gold stars just to move on!) game and for listening to your fans!

Edited on 09/30/2015 at 7:26:10 PM PST

ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by ivanbral on Oct 1, 15 12:51 AM
thanks for the comments everyone!

@lorikgator - we know it's not perfect, but we do try to do our best!

@boogienites and cyndihugs - low performance / white boxes on the screen- I'm sorry to hear that you cannot play the game at it's normal speed. this has to be related to hardware or windows itself. Perhaps you can try to update display drivers? This helps in most cases. I hope it will work for you, too!

@goldendog08 - well, we also make HOPA that a sometimes a bit dark, sometimes more fantasy and colorful, but when it comes to our time management games - we always try to make them bright, cheerful and relaxing. One of our players recently said - "I'm not sure why but this game just makes me happy" - and, believe me, it was so great to read this! I mean, this is exactly the point - having fun and feeling good!

Ivan
Cateia Games

[Post New]by momhavingfun on Oct 1, 15 10:22 AM
I like the came so I purchased it . I have played all the way through on normal mode. got gold on all levels but 20. can not get it watched youtube they did not get it either. can get all done but the 5000. can you help. I also would like to see things move a little faster.

Andovape
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by Andovape on Oct 1, 15 9:09 PM
Hi Ivan!
Thanks for a wonderful game. I finally got to try the game today and am about halfway through. I love TM games and this one is great fun! Thanks for making my day off even better!
Andie

[Post New]by MouseThatRoars on Oct 2, 15 12:04 PM
Hello, Ivan, and thanks to you and your crew for taking the time to chat with us!

I normally stick to HOPA's, Match-3's, and Board/Card games from BFG, but I decided to give your game a try because 1) the graphics looked wonderfully modern, crisp and bright (I'm getting SO tired of the dreary, washed-out, and/or antiquated-looking graphics in BF games - particularly their non-collector-edition HOPA's and nearly all of their board/card games), 2) the storyline sounded fresh/fun (again, SO tired of the death- and/or violence-themed storylines - else, non-creative, repetitive, or completely lacking storylines - as of late), and, 3) it received mainly great reviews. Great job by you and your crew on all of those fronts!

On a more personal note, I'd like to say that this game did a fantastic job of helping me to deal with a physical disability that causes me to suffer from chronic pain. I haven't had this disability for very long, and I'm always looking for new, drug-free ways to help distract me from the pain. Meditation helps a great deal, and I noticed, while playing County Tales, that having to intensely focus on the more difficult levels actually put me in a similar "zone" as does meditation! It really helped distract me from the pain! So, just know that your work helped at least one person (hopefully many others) forget their pain and worry for a while, and that is a blessing indeed. I intend on trying your other games as a result. Keep up the great work! I can't wait for what's to come from you guys!

jcballar
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by jcballar on Oct 3, 15 8:15 PM
As an avid TM player and a paying member of two gaming sites for over 10 years, I just want to shout out a big thanks to Catela! I am on Normal Level 27 and, even though I've had to play many of the last levels a couple times, I LOVE THIS GAME!

I really don't like the common "dash type" TMs, so it's great to discover a building/strategy TM that is cute, funny AND incredibly well produced. I have not found a single bug (and I work QA testing for a well-known software company LOL).

Thanks again and please keep similar games coming.

Go to: