danielat2
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by danielat2 on Apr 18, 17 12:49 PM
MrsPuzzler wrote:Well everyone I lost my entire game on April 15. I was at level76 halfway through the Spring event . I contacted support immediately and have heard nothing. I have been playing this game since it started and cant even understand how something like this can even happen. My ID is 5488. Has anyone got their original game back yet?

I also lost all the game, on Apr 16. Submitted incident also on Apr 16, no reply yet. I was at level 60, with lots of progress done for Spring event. My ID is 598063.

[Post New]by flashmidget on Apr 18, 17 3:17 PM
I play on PC--just got an update for Windows 10 and now I can't get the game to open. It worked fine before. Any suggestions.

Dinah6
Herring
Herring
325 Posts

[Post New]by Dinah6 on Apr 18, 17 5:03 PM
I play two games of MC. Yesterday and today neither the carrots or the energy balls collected from the Spring Terrace HOS in either game registered into my inventory.

However, the carrots received as gifts from friends did register in both games. So did the energy balls collected together with Enchanted Eggs.

The problem seems to be connected to the Spring Terraces. I am not sure what that means. Perhaps a server issue?

bfgIlinalta
1,804 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Apr 18, 17 5:21 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to report issues being seen in the PC version of Midnight Castle. We appreciate letting us know what is being experienced, and i wanted to swim by real fast to provide some assistance or clarification where I can as well as how to contact our Midnight Castle Support Team should more assistance be necessary.

MrsPuzzler and danielat2, thank you both for your patience while waiting on our Midnight Castle Support Team to get in touch regarding that lost progress. It's possible our Reps may request additional information when they respond, including the in-game Friend Code associated with the new progress being seen as well as the Friend Code for the progress that was lost. This will allow our Reps to transfer the progress more rapidly. If you haven't already provided both of these Friend Codes, that's fine, be sure to provide as much information as possible about that missing progress, and our Reps will do their best to make that right for you. Thank you for your understanding and patience while waiting.

margboul and flashmidget, I'm sorry to hear that the game isn't opening after a recent update. Thank you margboul for reporting that you were able to continue enjoying Midnight Castle by uninstalling and the reinstalling it. If a player is seeing this issue and would like to try this set of steps, the following page can guide through the steps of uninstalling this game and then reinstalling it on PC:

Uninstalling & Reinstalling (Computer)

Before doing that however, it is recommend to find and note your in-game Friend Code if possible, as this could be helpful should there be a need to transfer progress. Just in case it is helpful, the following page contains steps on finding that in-game Friend Code:

What is my Friend Code?

If the above steps don't seem to help, please don't hesitate to contact our Support Team using the steps in the following post.

bfgIlinalta
1,804 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Apr 18, 17 5:21 PM
Dinah6, I'm sorry to hear that those finds don't seem to be counted when working within the Spring Terrace. What I recommend is seeing if increasing the permissions the game is running under is able to quickly resolve that.You can find the steps on running this game with advanced permissions as an Administrator below:

Run Game as Administrator

For any problems that continue after trying those steps or if you need to receive additional assistance for a reported issue, I recommend contacting our Midnight Castle Support Team with your in-game Friend Code. Our Reps are always happy to help out and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

Thank you all for your patience, and I hope this is helpful. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

cmr1950
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by cmr1950 on Apr 18, 17 11:25 PM
Like a few others , i have the same problem after the last windows update , I can't get in to the game at all on my PC. I tried uninstalling that game and reinstalling it , nothing happened .. still can't get in .. then the games manager crashed as well , I can't contact support either at this time ..so i guess I can't do anything until the problem with the last windows update gets sorted out

[Post New]by Julesembroidery on Apr 19, 17 2:53 AM
I now need £3100 to continue how the hell am I suppose to get that as I have to keep selling my things so never have any cash left please help

[Post New]by Julesembroidery on Apr 19, 17 5:01 AM
I now need £3100 to continue how the hell am I suppose to get that as I have to keep selling my things so never have any cash left please help

[Post New]by Julesembroidery on Apr 19, 17 6:23 AM
I now also need another £12000

[Post New]by nikkimm on Apr 19, 17 12:02 PM
I had no issues playing this game 2 days ago. Now when I click on the icon on my desktop (I am playing on a PC) it acts like it wants to open, however just opens the Big Fish app (like the one that comes up after you close the game) saying Thank you for playing Midnight Castle. I am not aware of a windows 10 update on my PC but I have contacted technical support and they stated to update my software for adobe shockwave, however, I don't see the need when it worked 2 days ago. All of my software is up to date on my PC. Any help is appreciated! I also want to note that I am able to play other Big Fish games on my PC.

orchidna
Minnow
Minnow
274 Posts

[Post New]by orchidna on Apr 19, 17 12:31 PM
I, like several others, cannot get into MC (nor Found) after the Windows 10 update a few days ago. I contacted Customer Support with a Dr Felix report. They are aware of the problem and are working to find a solution.

How I hate missing out on the Spring Event ... it was going so well, too. LOL

I am so glad they are looking into this diligently, and hope they can get it fixed soon.

Farin4just
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Farin4just on Apr 19, 17 3:49 PM
orchidna wrote:I, like several others, cannot get into MC (nor Found) after the Windows 10 update a few days ago. I contacted Customer Support with a Dr Felix report. They are aware of the problem and are working to find a solution.

How I hate missing out on the Spring Event ... it was going so well, too. LOL

I am so glad they are looking into this diligently, and hope they can get it fixed soon.

Have sent you a PM re a temporary fix.

fbf6751
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by fbf6751 on Apr 19, 17 4:11 PM
my game won't start , it just tries to open a blank screen flashes for a moment and then just goes back too BFG game loader , saying would you like to play again

I play on PC 457138 ,windows 10 , I have removed and reloaded my game and still nothing

bfgIlinalta
1,804 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Apr 19, 17 4:43 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to discuss your experiences while playing the PC version of Midnight Castle. It sounds like there are a few issues here, so I wanted to drop by real fast to help out and also provide some steps for contacting our Midnight Castle Support Team should more help be necessary.

Julesembroidery, there are quite a few options for gaining coins in Midnight Castle and I recommend using the following helpful links which may assist in developing some strategies for gathering more coins or setting up to create more progress in the game:

Helpful Links for Midnight Castle

More specifically, the following thread discusses the coin and shard values of items in the game, and may provide some insight on how to maximize sales if that's your preferred method of coin generation:

Coins and Shards -- What an Item is Worth

Also, don't hesitate to create a new discussion to talk about how to generate more in-game currency to play. Your fellow players may have some interesting strategies that have helped them in the past or currently helps them now.

Players have also reported seeing a crash or freeze after a recent Windows update. I'm sorry to hear that is happening and would like to request that players who are seeing this issue try to uninstall and reinstall the game as this has helped some of our players who are experiencing this issue.

Before doing that however, it is recommend to find and note your in-game Friend Code if possible, as this could be helpful should there be a need to transfer progress. Just in case it is helpful, the following page contains steps on finding that in-game Friend Code:

What is my Friend Code?

Here's how to uninstall and reinstall the game on PC, just in case it would be helpful:

Uninstalling & Reinstalling (Computer)

bfgIlinalta
1,804 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Apr 19, 17 4:43 PM
For any problems that continue after trying those steps or if you haven't already contacted our Support Team and would like further assistance, I recommend contacting our Midnight Castle Support Team with your in-game Friend Code, if possible. Our Reps are always happy to help out and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

Thank you all for your patience while waiting on a response, and I hope this is helpful. For players who have already contacted our Midnight Castle Support Team, thank you for your time. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by LeanWint on Apr 19, 17 10:29 PM

Edited on 04/20/2017 at 9:12:34 AM PST

[Post New]by nikkimm on Apr 20, 17 6:11 AM
Uninstalling the game and re-installing it does not solve any issues at all. Still does the exact same thing. Guess we all will just have to wait until they figure it out............

orchidna
Minnow
Minnow
274 Posts

[Post New]by orchidna on Apr 20, 17 6:30 AM
Regarding the Windows 10 update issue ... I have experienced it, also. I've tried loading many games, and the only ones with which I have a problem are Elephant games. It seems something Win10 update changed is preventing all Elephant games from running. I saw a notice flash by a number of times, on the various games, that said, "Game assets corrupted. Please reinstall to fix this."

However, since some people have said that causes them to lose their progress, don't want to risk that.

bfgBellerophon
7,737 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 20, 17 9:44 AM
Hi nikkimm and orchidna,

Thank you for taking the time to post in this thread what is being experienced when trying to play this game. It is greatly appreciated the detail that is provided along with what troubleshooting steps have been made. The teams continue to investigate the issue regarding the reported Windows 10 issue. If any information is brought to our attention, we will update the forums. In the meantime, players are welcome to reach out to our Midnight Castle Support Team with a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and their player ID if they continue to have issues. If you are able to get into your game, I'll include a Big Fish Games Help page below on how to obtain your player ID:

What is an in-game ID?

Keep in mind that if you uninstall and reinstall on the PC platform, you shouldn't lose your progress. If this does occur, the teams have the appropriate tools to help restore progress.

I'd also like to thank players for their patience regarding spam posts that may appear in the forums. We will continue to manually ban each spam poster and delete each post. For more information regarding these posts, please see the following announcement:

An important announcement regarding spam posts - August 12, 2015

We greatly appreciate you patience and understanding. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or any of the Active Moderators. We are always happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

nmsm
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by nmsm on Apr 20, 17 11:25 AM
I also lost my game on Apr 17. Submitted incident report on Apr 17, no reply yet. Just wondering if anyone has gotten there game restarted back were it was?
My ID #642764.

Go to: