Re:Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by breezin_ on Apr 20, 17 1:13 PM
Enchanted Eggs collected are not registering. Been stuck at 273 for several days, any ideas?

wlrsm
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by wlrsm on Apr 20, 17 4:14 PM
I too lost my game on the 16th. Got the message starting with -- Unfortunately we found a problem with your save...
I finally got the game to restart and saw the new install scenes and closed the window hoping whatever is in their server is still intact. I submitted a report that night and I have heard nothing except 'here is a coupon for a free game '. I don't want a free coupon, I just want my game back. We're there a lot of incidents that night? Are they backed up responding? My previous experience and other comments I have read indicate that this response time is abnormally long. Please get my game back.

Nimbus2525
Minnow
Minnow
223 Posts

[Post New]by Nimbus2525 on Apr 20, 17 5:15 PM
Well, now I am a bit annoyed. Once again I have gone into the Castle Challenge to find that my three wins in the dice game against the knight had not registered. This happened in the last Castle Challenge too and I would have thought it could have been fixed by now. I'm not a happy player!

MrsPuzzler
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by MrsPuzzler on Apr 20, 17 5:46 PM
I lost my game on the 13th. \they still have not fixed it. I have been playing for almost 5 years and now all that hard work is gone. I am back to level 1 with my same 1d5488. I don't think I will ever get it back. P******off. Anyone out there PM me if you get yours back.

[Post New]by nikkimm on Apr 21, 17 6:34 AM
ok - now I am upset. I just sent a Dr. Felix report to customer support - within 2 seconds I had a response in my inbox stating the exact same thing they sent to me yesterday, (which I have tried and nothing is working, do they really know what they are doing?) This is just a robo email and clearly says to me that they don't take this seriously and aren't concerned or going to fix a darn thing. Bravo Big Fish, Bravo.

eli173
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,291 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Apr 21, 17 6:52 AM
nikkimm wrote:ok - now I am upset. I just sent a Dr. Felix report to customer support - within 2 seconds I had a response in my inbox stating the exact same thing they sent to me yesterday, (which I have tried and nothing is working, do they really know what they are doing?) This is just a robo email and clearly says to me that they don't take this seriously and aren't concerned or going to fix a darn thing. Bravo Big Fish, Bravo.

These are standard trouleshooting messages that they send to everyone. If you want personalized assistance you must make sure you reply directly to that message and say that these suggestions do not work. Otherwise the ticket will be closed as resolved.

[Post New]by nikkimm on Apr 21, 17 8:18 AM
I did, thank you!

bfgBellerophon
7,758 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 21, 17 9:03 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that players are experiencing issues with their Midnight Castle game. It is appreciated that players have posted in this thread what is occurring along with what steps they have taken to help resolve the issue. We definitely want to help get things up and running as they should, and I also wanted to welcome to the forums nmsm, breezin_, and wlrsm.

If players have seen a loss of progress within their game, please reach out to our Midnight Castle Support Team with a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and your original player ID and new player ID if one appears. Just in case it's needed, I'll include a help page below on how to obtain this information:

What is an in-game ID?

nmsm, I was able to reach out to our Support Team and it looks like you have been working with a representative. If you find that your issue hasn't been resolved, please reply directly to the email received so that the rep can further assist.

breezin_, since the eggs aren't crediting your game correctly, please reach out to the Support Team with the link provided above so that the team can look into this for you. Please provide your player ID along with details of the issue.

wlrsm and nikkimm, I'm sorry that the email received didn't quite address your issue. It is possible that an automated response was sent in error. These can be sent to help gather information and provide assistance as soon as possible. Please be sure to reply directly to that email as eli173 mentioned so that personalized assistance from a rep can be received.

We greatly appreciate player's patience and understanding as I've also gone ahead and passed the contents of the recent posts to the Midnight Castle teams. If any information is brought to the moderator's attention, we will update the forums. Please PM an Active Moderator if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

MrsPuzzler
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

Lost game

[Post New]by MrsPuzzler on Apr 21, 17 9:28 AM
I finally got my game back after one week. I was at level 76 put back to 74. That was OK. but I have nothing else. no inventory, no achievements, no avatars, it's like being on level 1. I submitted a request to get back everything I have worked for for 5 years. Here's hoping.Mrs Puzzler

[Post New]by pinchme on Apr 21, 17 5:18 PM
Mrs Puzzler
same thing happened to me. got my game back today, like you level 74 no inventory. missing all avatars except for the first 3.been playing as long as you but don't want to start at that level 74. cant open private room cause no shards, no event items , no achievements might as well be level 1 .
I did get all my diamonds but 1/2 of my 7,874,552 coins. I hope this is an on going fix , if not i'm done, val #183597

Meredene
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Meredene on Apr 22, 17 9:59 PM

It seems the return of the game is far from trouble-free.

What did you do to get it back? I'm hoping to avoid any losses of progress and items so I'm waiting for a proper fix.

Best of wishes that you get everything back.

[Post New]by angeldove126771 on Apr 23, 17 9:16 AM
wont let me play game its saying profile updating started around 5pm 4/22/17 and still saying it 4/23/17 at 12:13 pm4/23/17 what does that mean and what do i do if anything. user name pumpkin ID#621683 level 76........thank this is an update i got my game back 4/25/17 but 5 years or more of a lot of work is gone over a million coins gone achievements gone pets gone all globes from the last 2 events gone everything in inventory gone airship stuff gone how do i get that back or is it all gone and is it sorry about your luck kind of feeling just move on start from scratch is not easy to do now im so far behind its horriable can someone help thanks

Edited on 04/25/2017 at 4:38:48 PM PST

bfgIlinalta
1,810 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Apr 23, 17 3:40 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your experiences with the PC version of Midnight Castle. We really appreciate your patience while waiting on a response, and it sounds like the most recent reports are about missing progress or are discussing the progress in the game. I wanted to swim by real fast with how to get more assistance with restoring progress in Midnight Castle.

MrsPuzzler and pinchbme, thank you both for your patience while waiting for assistance restoring those profiles. We definitely understand wanting to start off as close as possible to where you left off when the original progress is unable to be restored, so what I recommend is replying directly to the message that was received when the progress was recreated to continue receiving assistance with that missing inventory, or please use the steps below to receive more assistance. Our Reps will be sure to get back in touch to follow up to continue helping out.

Meredene and angeldove126771, it sounds like progress may have been lost or that there is trouble with a saved profile in Midnight Castle. I'm sorry this is happening and wanted to provide the steps for contacting our Reps for more assistance.

To receive assistance with missing progress, please contact our Midnight Castle Support Team with your in-game Friend Code, the old Friend Code of the previous progress (if available) or as much information about that old progress as possible. Our team will be sure to get back in touch as soon as they can.

It looks like players here already know how to do so, but, just in case it is helpful, the following page contains steps for finding a Friend Code in game:

What is my Friend Code?

Thank you all for your patience while working with our Support Team for help with your game's progress, and I hope this was helpful. If there are further quesitons, don't hesitate to get in touch with any of our active Moderators. We're all happy to listen and help out.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by grams16 on Apr 24, 17 3:42 AM
This looks like the page to post my question or problem! I playing the .easter version,,and collecting the large eggs with 3 different characters inside them. I have no idea what the reason is for collecting them, or what I can do,with them! I can't trade or sell them..so,what is their purpose?
Thank you for any help! I am playing on an iPad Air...so will be different than the Windows version, I think.
?

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,150 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Apr 24, 17 6:31 PM
I had 24 out of 28 consecutive days after I spun the Fortune Wheel last night. Tonight, it was reset to 15 days. Not only that, but I've already spun the Fortune Wheel twice tonight. The fact that I'm spinning and getting rewards doesn't seem to matter.

susiewastaken
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,936 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Apr 24, 17 10:09 PM
grams16 wrote:This looks like the page to post my question or problem! I playing the .easter version,,and collecting the large eggs with 3 different characters inside them. I have no idea what the reason is for collecting them, or what I can do,with them! I can't trade or sell them..so,what is their purpose?
Thank you for any help! I am playing on an iPad Air...so will be different than the Windows version, I think.
?

Almost, but not quite.
You replied in the thread for reporting technical problems.

If you look at the top of this page for:
Big Fish Games Forums > All Game Forums > Midnight Castle

Then, click on the words Midnight Castle,
Next, click on the big blue button : Create New Discussion

You can ask your questions there.
You might title it something like 'new to easter event'.
Dozens of players will gladly give you answers, tips and links...but down below this tech thread, please.

MrsPuzzler
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by MrsPuzzler on Apr 25, 17 10:02 AM
It's been 5 days and I have not heard a thing. What's going on? I can't believe I haven't yet been contacted. I am unable to continue to play properly as I have no inventory. Wake up Support. Mrs.Puzzler ID 5488

[Post New]by katherine50 on Apr 25, 17 10:35 AM
My laptop has gone done and have had to put it in the repair shop. I have had to open a new game on my PC and would like my laptop game move to my PC. Can you have my game on 607025 replaced with 534398.

Thank you.

UPDATE!

My laptop is unfixable so I would like my game 534398 moved to 607025.

Disregard. Got laptop back.

Edited on 04/25/2017 at 5:11:27 PM PST

bfgIlinalta
1,810 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Apr 25, 17 12:52 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you all for your patience while waiting on a response. It sounds like there are a few issues being experienced here on the PC version of Midnight Castle and I just wanted to swim by real fast to assist as best I can and provide the steps for contacting our Midnight Castle Support Team for any further assistance that may be necessary.

grams16, it totally makes sense to ask that question here and I definitely understand wanting to know more about the Spring Event's collectables for the recent event and susiewastaken is correct that players can ask these sorts of general questions as a new discussion if they'd prefer. I can also explain a bit here today about what those particular collectables are for.

These particular eggs are collected for a few purposes. As part of the Spring Event, these limited finds add to the Spring Event Album. As these eggs and the characters inside are collected, this album notes it and can be reviewed by looking at the album from the Spring Room. That album can also be displayed in private rooms, to show off what has been collected so far. Furthermore, these collected eggs progress players towards rewards such as coins and diamonds as well as two new avatars, the Elf Boy and Elf Girl. However, it's optional to collect these eggs and will not block players from progressing in the main game should a player choose not to participate in collecting these eggs.

Rhysdux, it sounds like the game isn't noting progress as expected. I'm sorry that is happening and want to recommend providing the game with further permissions, which may help resolve this issue and help the game run more smoothly. Just in case it is helpful, the following link contains steps for running the game as an Administrator, which should provide those permissions:

Run as Administrator (Computer)

If those steps don't seem to work, be sure to contact our Support Team using the steps provided in the following post.

bfgIlinalta
1,810 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Apr 25, 17 12:52 PM
katherine50, I'm sorry that the laptop is unable to play the game any longer. It sounds like there is a request for a progress transfer as well as an issue with progress being saved properly on an achievement or challenge, and I wanted to provide the steps needed to get in touch with our Support Team to start that process.

Please contact our Midnight Castle Support Team for more assistance with this progress transfer and provide those two Friend Codes. Our Reps will use that information to quickly restore your progress onto the newer ID, and they will definitely do their best to get in touch as soon as possible.

For players that are unsure where to find their Friend Code and would like to have it available just in case they need to request a progress transfer in the future, the following article explains where to find that Friend Code and retrieve it:

What is my Friend Code?

MrsPuzzler, I'm sorry that there hasn't been a response yet. I've gone ahead and looked into this with the Support Team and it appears that we have a higher than usual amount of requests and it is taking our Reps a bit longer than usual to get back in touch personally with all of our players who are requesting assistance. I see that the request has been placed in queue, and one of our Reps should be in touch to follow up soon with your request. Thank you for your patience while waiting on that reply.

If a player would like additional assistance or if the above suggestions were unable to assist with the situation, I recommend contacting our Midnight Castle Support Team with your in-game Friend Code. Our Reps are always happy to help out and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible. As a reiteration, it appears that it is taking longer than usual for our Reps to get back in touch personally with all of our players who have requested assistance. Our Reps have their heads down and are working hard to reply personally to each request, and should be in touch as soon as they can. Thank you all for your patience while waiting on us to get back in touch.

Message continues on next page...

Edited on 04/25/2017 at 12:53:58 PM PST

Go to: