Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Amaranthine Voyage: The Orb of Purity Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Oct 1, 15 12:34 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 10/01/2015 at 6:44:23 AM PST

greenshade
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Amaranthine Voyage: The Orb of Purity Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by greenshade on Oct 1, 15 4:51 AM
Love it or hate it.. I hated the beta and uninstalled the demo after the first few minutes when I received yet ANOTHER gauntlet !!!!! If I never see another gauntlet to have to use in some gimmicky way it will be too soon.

The alien looks and talks like a movie star.... a lot of mundane puzzles and tasks to complete even though it's so "urgent" that we be there and get things done.

And HARMONIUM AGAIN????????

I adored the first Amaranthine Voyage and every game thereafter has become less and less challenging and interesting.

I've come to believe that this is a series that should be retired.

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Amaranthine Voyage: The Orb of Purity Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by biomix on Oct 1, 15 5:24 AM
I also HATED this one. The colours are so distracting. And way too much science fiction here. Too much work and not enough fun factor.

Cannot buy this one even with a sale or credit. Horrible.

[Post New]by shelterhill on Oct 1, 15 6:34 AM
I didn't hate it, but didn't love it either, a bit uninspired.. Lots of strange things, a bit sci-fi, not my thing.
I'll think i'll pass on this one, too much puzzles for my liking.. and not many HOS

Too bad, I was looking forward to this one

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Oct 1, 15 6:44 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Amaranthine Voyage: The Orb of Purity Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Amaranthine Voyage: The Orb of Purity Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

jonah11
Minnow
Minnow
211 Posts

[Post New]by jonah11 on Oct 1, 15 7:58 AM

Edited on 10/01/2015 at 8:14:50 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Oct 1, 15 8:16 AM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to pop in here and remind users of the Review Guidelines, specifically,

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Amaranthine Voyage: The Orb of Purity Collector's Edition.

and

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

We definitely appreciate the feedback that players share, but please keep in mind the Review Guidelines when posting.

Thanks for your understanding. You are welcome to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by 0161 on Oct 1, 15 8:21 AM
Agree with all other comments.Fortunately I bought it with yesterdays code as there is no way I would have paid full price for this, very disappointing and really slow, likened to pulling teeth!
It's such a pity as with less puzzles and a few more HOs it could be so much better.
There is a decent story line there but it was not as developed as it could be.
Don't mean to offend anyone here, just my view that's all.
Hope Saturday brings something better.

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Oct 1, 15 10:51 AM
Beautiful scenery even if it is more than strange, music, etc. good unfortunately the game is just too puzzle heavy. Every move you make involves a puzzle which breaks your thought process on the main goal of the game, thank Heavens for the quick hit and skip. Perhaps playing it the second time around to get all the owls will be an improvement.

OnBreak
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by OnBreak on Oct 1, 15 1:03 PM
Well i disagree. I have played for maybe 30-40 minutes and am really enjoying it. I for one love HOPAs heavy with puzzles and this is right up my alley. Give it a try. The map is wonderful i havent skipped any puzzles or used a hint thus far. The story is a little "out there" but that is ok with me.

[Post New]by NancySusan on Oct 1, 15 7:43 PM
Well, I can't say I hated it, I just wasn't that interested. I haven't bought any of the others in this series, so I was curious about it, but my notes start with, why is she being asked to do blood testing even though she's not a doctor? And if this is a lab and a very decorative place for a lab, where is the other staff?. There are two other women in the beginning of the story, the receptionist, dressed in a figure hugging ensemble, who later disappears, and the head of the lab, also dressed in something pretty figure hugging for no good reason. And then there's the handing over of the (apparently first, I didn't get far enough to find another) gauntlet, why would he do that, when he's the one who knows how to use it, although using it means finding matching runes, I won't say yawn, but not difficult. The part of the demo that I played had that kind of feeling -- Eve is doing all sorts of things she's not qualified for except dealing with harmonium, and I don't really know what that is, not having played the other games in the series. I am a sci fi fan, a big one, but while this seems to have an interesting story somewhere in there, it kind of lumped along, with interruptions for mini-games, etc. The colors didn't bother me, although everything seemed a bit simply drawn, and I don't even remember the music, and I sing, so I almost always remember the music. The only collectibles I found were small, pink owls, very easy to spot. I am sure that for followers of the series, there will be some happy people, but I just didn't get into it. No buy for me.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Oct 3, 15 9:28 AM
Like greenshade, I too adored the first Amaranthine Voyage but aside from the last one which I did like (and bought), I've found the others less and less appealing. And this one just did nothing for me at all. Another gimmick.....one dev uses it and they all do, so that novelty quickly wore off.

I love sci-fi as much as the next geek ( ) but this was messy and disjointed. And why collectible pink owls?? Perhaps they are native to the world this game is set in, otherwise they are simply out of place.

I started to lose the will to live about half way through this demo; it just wasn't for me. Another disappointing CE to add to Saturday's lacklustre effort.

No technical issues with the demo (as far as I played). Desktop running Win7 Pro 64-bit.

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on Oct 3, 15 12:30 PM
I've purchased and played all the other Amaranthine Voyage games and have loved them. This is the first one that felt disappointing. For one, it was too short. I literally got through the Demo in 10 mins. Given that BFGs says demos are for 90 mins, and most developers have only been providing enough material for 30 mins, 10 mins is a new record. And when I purchased the game with credits, it was quite short compared to other CEs. Glad I used credits because otherwise, I wouldn't have felt I'd gotten my money's worth.

The storyline would have been good had it been more fully developed (and hey, if it had been...the game would have been longer). I'm a Sci Fi buff, so that bit did not phase me.

I agree there were dozens too many puzzles and not enough HOS.

I hope if they have yet another Amaranthine Voyage episode, the developers take some suggestions from this section and apply them.

laraly
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by laraly on Oct 4, 15 3:55 AM
OnBreak wrote:Well i disagree. I have played for maybe 30-40 minutes and am really enjoying it. I for one love HOPAs heavy with puzzles and this is right up my alley. Give it a try. The map is wonderful i havent skipped any puzzles or used a hint thus far. The story is a little "out there" but that is ok with me.
I agreed with you,On Break, I really liked the demo of this game, including the puzzles, I 've played it on custom mode, but I have a problem with the map, it doesn't take me directly to the location, via teleport, it coulb be because on the options I have uncecked the "shows area of interest on the map", but I have cecked "show the active location of tasks", so only when I use the hints, it would take me , teleporting directly to the locations, oh well, when I will get the dull version, I will try to ceck that option, and see if it will do!
I hope the rest of the game is worth sa the demo, I give a to this game, and a definetly 5 , happy gaming!

OnBreak
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by OnBreak on Oct 5, 15 4:15 PM
i played custom too. when i clicked on the circle with the star, over in the top left corner was the location i then had to click on to go there.

Just finished and enjoyed the game alot. However, the bonus chapter only lasted maybe 20-30 min so i would suggest the SE if you are thinking about buying.

Go to: