bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Apr 25, 17 12:53 PM
Continued from previous page.

And, finally, thank you to everyone for your patience and time. Please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators with any further questions. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can. Happy gaming everyone.

bfgIlinalta

Edited on 04/25/2017 at 1:02:19 PM PST

[Post New]by Skyegirl06 on Apr 25, 17 2:05 PM
Hi I can't send gifts yo some of my friends , they won't open when pressed
Please help

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 26, 17 8:48 AM
Hi Skyegirl06,

Welcome to the forums! I'm sorry to hear that there is some trouble sending gifts to friends. It is possible that the issue you are experiencing is related to a previously reported issue with wish lists and private rooms. To help resolve this, players are recommended to follow the steps below:

- Open your wish list in the game. If it isn’t appearing, simply add back the items that were on it before.
- Go to your Private Room and make a small edit, such as temporarily changing a placed item or editing the name of the room. This will make sure it’s saved correctly so that other people can visit it.

By doing the above steps, it will help ensure that items are properly saved on the server and appearing properly. For more information, please see the following announcement:

An Announcement regarding wish lists and Private Rooms – Wednesday April 5, 2017

If you continue to have issues, please reach out to our Midnight Castle Support Team with your player ID and details of what you are seeing in your game. Just in case it's needed, I'll include a Big Fish Games Help page below on how to obtain your player ID:

What is an in-game ID?

Thank you for your patience and understanding. If you have any questions, feel free to PM any of the Active Moderators. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by Arineria on Apr 26, 17 10:25 AM
This is the second time the game kicked me out and took all my money and gems, this time tho it was a lot more than a few gold. I had just bought 1500 gems and gold and it's all gone. Reset me forward please.

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,847 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Apr 26, 17 10:50 AM
Skyegirl06 wrote:Hi I can't send gifts yo some of my friends , they won't open when pressed
Please help

If there is no arrow by your friends name, they have an empty wish list.
Happens often, when people are trying to 'catch up' on gifting, simply don't need anything or are taking a break.

[Post New]by Arineria on Apr 26, 17 7:45 PM
Yet again I am ejected from game. That's $80 in gems. Gone!!!. I want my money back game Id is a279939. This was not a connection issue, your end booted and stole the cash and gems. I also had bought 33k coins, done playing and not giving good reviews.

[Post New]by JerryGuti on Apr 27, 17 12:38 AM

Edited on 04/27/2017 at 9:18:20 AM PST

[Post New]by nikkimm on Apr 27, 17 6:13 AM
My game is back up and running!!!! I simply changed the resolution of my computer to a lower setting, started the game, and then changed my resolution back to what it was prior. All is good and I am on the same level I was when the game quit working! It took about a week but glad I am able to play again!

orchidna
Minnow
Minnow
280 Posts

[Post New]by orchidna on Apr 27, 17 6:50 AM
nikkimm wrote:My game is back up and running!!!! I simply changed the resolution of my computer to a lower setting, started the game, and then changed my resolution back to what it was prior. All is good and I am on the same level I was when the game quit working! It took about a week but glad I am able to play again!

Zowie! That worked for me, too. Thank you! (heading off to update my ticket with this information.)

[Post New]by nellie34 on Apr 27, 17 8:56 AM
Well, it appears that the last windows 10 update has made it impossible for me to continue with a number of big fish games .... im getting withdrawal symptoms as its been over a week now

margboul
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by margboul on Apr 27, 17 9:03 AM
nellie34 wrote:Well, it appears that the last windows 10 update has made it impossible for me to continue with a number of big fish games .... im getting withdrawal symptoms as its been over a week now

Nellie, I have just tried the trick mentioned earlier in this thread. Change the resolution of your screen, open the game..a download happens and then you can play!! You can then close the game, reset your resolution and the game still opens. I just tried it and it works!! Good luck!

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Apr 27, 17 9:48 AM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for reporting issues that are being experienced with the PC version of Midnight Castle and for your patience while waiting on a response. I can see there are a few things I could assist with, so I'd like to provide some suggested steps to try as well as how to reach out to our Midnight Castle Support Team for any assistance needed beyond the forums.

Before I continue with that, I want to thank players who have tried the suggested steps my colleague, bfgBellerophon, was able to provide. It sounds like those steps were able to assist players who have run into an issue with Midnight Castle after a recent Windows 10 update. We appreciate players taking the time to follow up to report back their experiences, and I'm glad that players are able to access the game again using those steps.

nellie34, since that issue seems to be happening, I recommend trying the steps suggested by bfgBellerophon in their post above. That should resolve the issue, but if it doesn't, please use the steps to contact our Midnight Castle Support Team provided later in my next post. Thank you for your patience, and I hope those steps help too!

Arineria, I'm sorry to hear that there has been some trouble with purchases made while playing the Android version of this game. We definitely don't want you to be missing out on your purchased gems, so what I recommend is contacting our Midnight Castle Support Team with that in-game Friend Code, and details about the purchases that were made. I'd also like to request providing the model and type of Android device that this issue occurred one and the version of operating system the device is using. Our Reps will use that information to provide further help, and should get back in touch as soon as they can.

Also, it will be helpful in the future to discuss issues found in Midnight Castle on Android in the following designated thread:

Post your Midnight Castle (Android) Technical Issues Here Only!

That way we can more accurately track the impact of player reported issues on the specific devices they occur on and so we can help players with more accurate and specific steps more rapidly. Thank you for understanding.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Apr 27, 17 9:48 AM
For players that need to contact our Support Team for further assistance, such as if the above suggested steps do not seem to help the issue reported with a recent Windows 10 update, please reach out to our Midnight Castle Support Team with your in-game Friend Code. Our Reps are always happy to help out and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

Just in case it is helpful, the following page has the steps on how to retrieve a Friend Code in Midnight Castle:

What is my Friend Code?

Thank you all for your patience, and thank you to susiewastaken and margboul for swimming by with that support and assistance. It's always awesome to see players help and support each other when technical or other issues occur in the game, and I hope that the above was helpful for players seeing trouble in the game. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

1MAC1
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by 1MAC1 on Apr 27, 17 12:57 PM
Lost my game this morning. When I reopened it was on level on. Before it crashed I was on level 76 with 4,340,000 coins, over a thousand each of the ships, over 500 foods for pets, etc.

My grandson lost my number. I believe it is 54830 and my game name is MAC

Meredene
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Meredene on Apr 27, 17 2:53 PM
nikkimm wrote:My game is back up and running!!!! I simply changed the resolution of my computer to a lower setting, started the game, and then changed my resolution back to what it was prior. All is good and I am on the same level I was when the game quit working! It took about a week but glad I am able to play again!

Please accept thanks of an infinite number!! It's simply wonderful to have the game back where it was.

[Post New]by The_Old_One on Apr 28, 17 3:54 AM
Hi I also lost my game after a Windows 10 update. I can still play other Big Fish games and I have also uninstalled and re-installed the game with no effect.
My ID is 465840. Thanks

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 28, 17 8:02 AM
Hi Everyone,

The Moderation Team greatly appreciates everyone taking the time to post in this thread what is occurring within their games. We definitely want to help get things up and running as they should and wanted to help address the issues presented here.

1MAC1 and The_Old_One, I'm sorry to hear that your progress along with your items in the game are missing after opening it on your PC. Since we don't have the tools to access your game from the forums, please reach out to our Midnight Castle Support Team with as much information about your account as possible. This includes the level you were on, the avatar used, profile name, and approximation of currency. If you are able to provide your player ID, please make the Support Team aware. If a new player ID appears, please also provide that information to the team. Just in case it's needed, I'll include a Big Fish Games Help page below on how to obtain this information:

What is an in-game ID?

Thank you for your patience and understanding. If you have any questions, feel free to PM any of the Active Moderators. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

margboul
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by margboul on Apr 28, 17 8:10 AM
The_Old_One wrote:Hi I also lost my game after a Windows 10 update. I can still play other Big Fish games and I have also uninstalled and re-installed the game with no effect.
My ID is 465840. Thanks

Hi! Did you try changing the resolution of your screen before opening the game? It has worked for many of us. Once the game has opened you can close, put your resolution back to normal and the game will still open. Good luck! P.S. I will invite you so I will know you have had success!!

[Post New]by nikkimm on Apr 28, 17 8:42 AM

If anyone has had the latest windows 10 update, please try what I mention above - it should work for you. I am so glad I was able to help, I was having withdrawals as well!! Happy Friday!!

MrsPuzzler
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

1Mac1

[Post New]by MrsPuzzler on Apr 28, 17 11:00 AM
Don't hold your breathe. I lost my game April 13th. I was on level 76 also .I have been playing for 5 years and had every achievement, pet avatar and thousands in inventory and now I am playing like on level 1. I am still waiting for support to rectify it but I don't think that will ever happen I have absolutely nothing left. Good luck

Go to: