ilove2sew
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

Age Level for this Game

[Post New]by ilove2sew on Sep 13, 09 12:38 PM
Hello to all the fishes in the pond.

My daughter who is now 16 and I absolutely the I Spy books by Walter Wick. However after she reached a certain age, I'm guessing 10, they were too easy for her and no longer of interest.

My little Sea Anemone is growing up so fast (sigh)

Is this a game for children or is it challenging enough for adults? I really would like to buy it especially since its the Tool Bar deal today if it is for adults as its something we could do together.

Have loads to do today and not much time to demo a game so thought I would ask here for guidance.

Thanks in Advance.

Ila in Maine

PS - You can PM me if you want to or post here.

Edited on 09/13/2009 at 12:39:47 PM PST

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

Re:Age Level for this Game

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Sep 13, 09 2:34 PM
Hi lla,

I did play the trial of this game awhile back but I didn't care much for it. The scenes you look for objects in are really cluttered and many of the objects are very small and hard to find. Did you watch the short video BF has for the game? I suggest you watch it and also play the trial, if you have time or ask your daughter to play it before you decide to purchase it. Hope this helps. Good luck and let me know!

annatar
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
425 Posts

[Post New]by annatar on Sep 13, 09 2:46 PM
Itsupikachu wrote:Hi lla,

I did play the trial of this game awhile back but I didn't care much for it. The scenes you look for objects in are really cluttered and many of the objects are very small and hard to find. Did you watch the short video BF has for the game? I suggest you watch it and also play the trial, if you have time or ask your daughter to play it before you decide to purchase it. Hope this helps. Good luck and let me know!

On each level, the overview pictures *may* look a bit cluttered with tiny objects, but the point is to zoom in to each quadrant of the big picture. Everything looks clear and easy to view then. Not cluttery and not too small.

I'm definetely an adult, Ila, and I enjoyed it so much that I bought it. It's difficult to say just how your daughter will like it, but I found it challenging enough. Especially since you only get one hint in each picture, and you end each level with guessing a riddle without any hints at all - and those riddles are definetely not easy. I had to go to the forums to look for hints for those riddles....

My advice to you, Ila, is: Try it since its so cheap today. It's not too easy and not too difficult... at least that's my opinion.

Toffifee
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,383 Posts

[Post New]by Toffifee on Sep 13, 09 2:51 PM
Just told my daughter (21) what the daily deal is ... I HAD to buy it for her, she loves the pictures since we played the demo months ago.
It is definately no game for kids, challenging enough for adults
For this price: have a quick look at the demo and buy it (or not)

teeitup46ok
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,217 Posts

[Post New]by teeitup46ok on Sep 13, 09 2:59 PM
I bought it thinking my 6 yr old grandson would probably like it since it has animals and toys and I tried it to check it out and love it. It's a cute game and I just came here to check the forums cause I'm stuck on a part and there's no way to go on until I find the piece I'm looking for. For $3.00, it's worth it.

Meisie84
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by Meisie84 on Sep 13, 09 4:07 PM
Oh definately worth it, I think...I bought it a awhile ago and loved it...I too am an 'I Spy...' fan.

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Sep 13, 09 6:07 PM
annatar wrote:
Itsupikachu wrote:Hi lla,

On each level, the overview pictures *may* look a bit cluttered with tiny objects, but the point is to zoom in to each quadrant of the big picture. Everything looks clear and easy to view then. Not cluttery and not too small.

I'm definetely an adult, Ila, and I enjoyed it so much that I bought it. It's difficult to say just how your daughter will like it, but I found it challenging enough. Especially since you only get one hint in each picture, and you end each level with guessing a riddle without any hints at all - and those riddles are definetely not easy. I had to go to the forums to look for hints for those riddles....

My advice to you, Ila, is: Try it since its so cheap today. It's not too easy and not too difficult... at least that's my opinion.

Hi Annatar,

Thanks for clarifying that aspect of the game. I forgot about that as it has been sometime since I played the trial.

yanagi
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by yanagi on Sep 13, 09 8:59 PM
I just played the trial.
I think it's relaxing fun.

not that hard esp. with the added zoom feature.

as to hints.
I found the seymor doll every time,
before my hour trial ended I racked up 17 hints.

I think you can use more then one hint per section though. also in the riddle section, I didn't find the riddles hard to figure out, of course I only had time to do about four of them I think so I don't know if they get harder.

the extra hint game is fun too.

and if you need a hint and your stuck at the riddle game, a screen pops up with seymor telling you to find him in the picture and he will give you a hint. but if you do that you will get the hint right away to show you a section where you will find the thing your looking for. it won't actually point to the item.

yanagi
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by yanagi on Sep 14, 09 6:29 PM
I did purchase the game after all, for $2.99 figured it would be fun to finish it. I think this one will go very fast though if the whole game is as many of those locked boxes so I have only about 6 more to go.

moosish2
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by moosish2 on May 2, 10 2:29 AM
I bought this game years ago, when Big Fish Games was still charging a lot more for each game, and I never regretted it! I'm an adult (wayyyyy long time now - lol) and I don't find the game boring in any way. There are very few objects here that just show up fast when you're looking for them. The game requires patience! (And it also helps if you have a large monitor.) I would say that a young child would get very frustrated by this game because of the patience involved, so it's good for maybe bare minimum age 10 or so, up to 100.

(And I just posted my own review of the game, in which I stated that I like to re-play this game every few years.)

Go to: