open letter to developers and game management

[Post New]by sthrightwhale on Oct 2, 15 9:38 PM
I have played many of the 'free to play' games, so understand the logistics of how the set-up works. However find it extremely annoying waiting so long for the game content to be upgraded.
I don't mind purchasing items to help the game or that add to the enjoyment, yet it seems we pay out so much and then are left lingering as the content is improved or corrected and extending it somewhat.
Perhaps in future you may want to have several updates perfected before you release the games, and then release the updates in a timely fashion to keep your players happy.
I have notice more players from my list of friends have removed themselves by deleting the game and the talk in the forum isn't much better.
Seems the frustration due to the long wait isn't except able to so many of your customers and this extends to all your free to play games.
With all the money i have invested in these game, know it would be so much cheaper to go out and purchase a game from the shops, know there is no waiting on content and i can connect the to the internet for an interactive experience. Unfortunately, most of the games involve violence and they are not my cup of tea so to speak.
My request is simple please don't release these games until you can supply your players with more content, we don't mind wait 1 month, but as it drags to the second and we are still waiting our patience wanes and many players leave completely. I fully understand you have a business to run, but losing your bread and butter( we the players) isn't good business.
I'm sure you have many great 'I.T.' people working on amending the situation, we have read the standard response to our many pleas so often we almost know it backward. This is what these professionals are trained to do, and many computer literate people i know would solve the error in minutes not weeks rolling into months.
Thank you for taking the time to read my grievance and l hope you consider offering us a better set up in future free to play games.

Edited on 10/03/2015 at 3:55:33 AM PST

winnerkooties
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,203 Posts

Re:open letter to developers and game management

[Post New]by winnerkooties on Oct 2, 15 11:40 PM
I think they use the players to help perfect the games they create, so it seems to me that they aren't likely to "perfect" several updates before they release a game.

At least this has been my experience with playing Found. It's always irritating to me that people pay good money to play these FTP games and then encounter so many glitches in the process. In the player's eyes it's poor customer service, but I'm sure in the developer's eyes it's good for business....get people (at least some of them) to pay, put up with all the glitches, AND help with perfecting a game.

I don't see it changing soon, personally.

[Post New]by kirus93 on Oct 3, 15 4:02 AM
I am rapidly losing interest in this game also. With only daily quests to do, it's getting boring. Really regret using real money for extra crystals.

[Post New]by gamelover74 on Oct 3, 15 3:23 PM
I am almost out of things to do because everything is maxed out. I thought I could hang in there but I am also getting frustrated as well. I am also finding it hard to do the daily quests because everything is full. My land looks terrible because of all of the crap I have had to buy so I could keep going; basically just wasting my money. I am going to try to continue another couple of days but it has been 2 weeks at least. I am very disappointed in Big Fish right now.

[Post New]by geogirl1963 on Oct 4, 15 9:51 AM
I too am getting very sick and tired of doing the same O same O everyday. I am at level 54 on experience, level 44 on mana and all buildings are maxed. I am at the point I just log on to get my free goodies then go play another game. They should have never released this game if it "was not ready". I find this unacceptable. I to am thinking of deleting this game......FOREVER!!!
It was fun to start out, but after you get the hang of things it goes fast. I worked hard to get all the science's researched in hopes that would allow me to advance. NO it didn't. I thought if I had all my building leveled up would as well. NO that didn't work either. Then I started doing research on this game. Thus I am here voicing my own complaints about the stupidity of releasing a game without updates, the ability to advance beyond level 8 on my magistrate, and repetitive daily task game play. Come on people games are for entertainment. I AM NOT VERY ENTERTAINED.....???

maroyce
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by maroyce on Oct 4, 15 1:43 PM
i have read everyone else has wrote . and i thing you all have got it wrong the up dates are there they just havent release then .. when i look at face book they have been playing for over a year and the os players all ready have it i think that bigfish has a program too run with a new game every day so wont release to the day set too i wish i was wrong but i dont think so

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Oct 4, 15 2:34 PM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to pop in here and let players know that I have passed along this entire thread to the appropriate team. We do apologize if it is felt that the replies regarding updates are the same, but the Moderation Team simply isn't privy to the information that surrounds updates.

Each game developer is different and not all Free to Play games are the same. The schedule of updates that include fixing issues and/or new content varies, and while we wish could have a regular release schedule for all free to play games, it doesn't work out to be that way.

Rest assured though, the moment that the Moderation Team is aware of any information that surrounds updates, we will update the forums for all the players right away.

We truly appreciate your support for this game as well as your patience. The Moderation Team will continue to advocate for the players to gain information. Thank you. Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by sthrightwhale on Oct 4, 15 2:40 PM
maroyce wrote:i have read everyone else has wrote . and i thing you all have got it wrong the up dates are there they just havent release then .. when i look at face book they have been playing for over a year and the os players all ready have it i think that bigfish has a program too run with a new game every day so wont release to the day set too i wish i was wrong but i dont think so

Hey Mary,
Thanks for letting us know. Knowing now that the game has been played now for over a year poses several questions:-
- Since they have had a working model of the game for so long, should there be so many errors and glitches? surely that have had enough time to corrects this inconveniences.
-why hasn't BFG rsspomderd?

nildarose
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by nildarose on Oct 4, 15 6:26 PM
I had it with this game, the same thing over and over. I finally removed it. Oh well!!

zoozoospetal
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by zoozoospetal on Oct 4, 15 11:31 PM
I'm giving it another week, if there is not at least an ETA on an update I am done. Frankly if it not for the money I've spent on crystals I'd be done already. I'm at level 99 happiness and on my way there for overall level, there's simply nothing else to do. There's only so many statues you can fit on the available land and I've reached that limit.

It is a shame that this game is losing so many players. Even if we do get an update soon I fear that with as advanced as most of us are that the updated content will be finished within a few days then the wait begins again. I'd venture to bet that even more players will throw in the towel at that point. What really ticks me off though is that even now there are server errors that cause progress loss. This tells me that not only is an update not of concern to those is charge but the function of the game as it stands is being neglected.

This is the first FTP game that I've tried and it will be the last. I have a feeling that I'm not the only one who has become jaded with FTP because of this game. To the developers, there is still a chance to save this game but that time is growing short. Please fix your game and update it.

Fazer31
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Fazer31 on Oct 5, 15 2:37 AM
hello

I agree the waiting is long but I am puzzled.. For the last few days, I have lost the daily bonus (the one that gives an object after few weeks).. So it means that there are changes, but not for the best?

winnerkooties
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,203 Posts

[Post New]by winnerkooties on Oct 5, 15 2:53 AM
Fazer31 wrote:hello

I agree the waiting is long but I am puzzled.. For the last few days, I have lost the daily bonus (the one that gives an object after few weeks).. So it means that there are changes, but not for the best?

There are only two items that we get as a bonus, a Divine Garden and a fountain. That's it. So you didn't lose anything, there's just no more gifts after that. The two gifts were probably an incentive to keep us playing every day when we first started Divine Academy.

It seems to me that there should continue to be gifts at the end of each week we play, maybe some crystals, or a statue, or some food or coins....

Edited on 10/05/2015 at 2:54:31 AM PST

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Oct 5, 15 6:22 AM
zoozoospetal wrote:

This is the first FTP game that I've tried and it will be the last. I have a feeling that I'm not the only one who has become jaded with FTP because of this game. To the developers, there is still a chance to save this game but that time is growing short. Please fix your game and update it.

You've touched on a growing problems the players have with the FTP games that is all too common.

But if you want to play a FTP game that has regular updates and so much content already (as it has been around for years) you may enjoy Midnight Castle. You'll likely still be far from the end of the latest content when new content is added. Should keep you busy for a very long time.

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,894 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Oct 5, 15 6:29 AM
winnerkooties wrote:It seems to me that there should continue to be gifts at the end of each week we play, maybe some crystals, or a statue, or some food or coins....
I definitely agree with this, if the intention is to have very large delays between updates, then at least these give some reason to play. It would be even better if the rewards were not possible to buy in the game.
I stopped playing soon after I got the fountain.

zoozoospetal
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by zoozoospetal on Oct 5, 15 6:56 AM
silver_hawk wrote:
zoozoospetal wrote:

You've touched on a growing problems the players have with the FTP games that is all too common.

But if you want to play a FTP game that has regular updates and so much content already (as it has been around for years) you may enjoy Midnight Castle. You'll likely still be far from the end of the latest content when new content is added. Should keep you busy for a very long time.

Thank you for the recommendation, I will give it a look! It would be nice to play a game that I can count on keeping me entertained for some time.

Loonz111
Clownfish
Clownfish
876 Posts

[Post New]by Loonz111 on Oct 5, 15 8:57 AM
I play several FTP games, and you always have to wait for updates, that's just how it works. This game was first released July 21st. That's just a little over 2 months ago. Compared to how fast updates are released in FTP games in general, I actually think that we can't expect an update very soon.
I got bored too, started a second game, and I take it slower on that one. No rushing to finish quests asap, I choose what I want to do and ignore the quests I don't feel like doing yet.
With the first game I only do daily quests if I feel like it, and I'll just wait for new content to be brought out.

unclepaul
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
467 Posts

[Post New]by unclepaul on Oct 6, 15 8:30 AM
I am starting to wonder if the FTP game system bubble is about to burst. My first encounter was with My Singing Monsters and I paid about $20 cash in that first game. This is what the game developers need / want. They perceive that these games will provide a bigger income stream. They do for first timers and the impatient, but after having been bitten once, I have played many others and not paid a cent.
Perhaps others have done the same and the supply of money is dwindling.

Perhaps they need to get a certain amount of money back before they will release another module.
So far I have played My Singing Monsters x2
Farm Frenzy Inc x3 (on three computers)
Build a Lot World x 3
Divine Academy x 3
Archie Riverdale Rescue x2
I have not paid any money for any other FTP games apart from that first one. If more people are starting to do this and the money is drying up then I can see this type of game failing.
Currently have been waiting over 3 months for any update to Build a Lot World, Farme Frenzy.
My Singing Monsters seems to be finished as well with no more real updates apart from the seasonal ones in over a year.

[Post New]by Ladyblues on Oct 6, 15 10:17 AM
Hi all,

I received a message today on a comment I made on the FB page of DA. They stated that if we downloaded the game from BF, we can expect an update with a month or so. If we downlaoded the game from an appstore the update will be there within a month. So all it takes is just a little more patience. I really like this game and I willing to wait for an update. Just want to explore new land and new quests. And yes, I also maxed my buildings and just keep on doing the daily quests.

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,894 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Oct 6, 15 10:44 AM
Thanks Ladyblues, that's a lot more information than we've got so far.

But, I can imagine that if iOS got the level 10 update before we get the level 9 one, the reaction here may not be entirely positive.

zoozoospetal
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by zoozoospetal on Oct 6, 15 10:18 PM
Ladyblues wrote:Hi all,

I received a message today on a comment I made on the FB page of DA. They stated that if we downloaded the game from BF, we can expect an update with a month or so. If we downlaoded the game from an appstore the update will be there within a month. So all it takes is just a little more patience. I really like this game and I willing to wait for an update. Just want to explore new land and new quests. And yes, I also maxed my buildings and just keep on doing the daily quests.

The thing is that over a month ago they told me that an update would be available in a few weeks for pc. This was on the FB page as well, I reported the ETA here at that time. I think what it boils down to is that neither the developer nor BF have any idea as to when it will be ready. We are given arbitrary timelines in order to keep people from giving up on the game. I can't state that as a fact but simply my opinion.

I feel bad for the mods here as they catch a lot of the flack when they are being kept in the dark as well.

Go to: