Vultraz
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

Re:MCF 2012... Picman's official clues and intrigue

[Post New]by Vultraz on Nov 20, 12 6:15 AM
shanette1706 wrote:Well...

I've finished Shadow Lake....

Srsly?! All of it?! In 6 hours?! Did you use the strategy guide?

shanette1706
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by shanette1706 on Nov 20, 12 7:13 AM
MJ_Mystery: Hope it loads quickly!! I've already posted my review and had a few comments in the 'comments' thread so waiting for some other spec thread fishies to turn up

Vultraz: Actually.... I don't know how to answer you without... spoiling a small part of the game. You'll realize what I can't say about it when you play.

Edited on 11/20/2012 at 7:14:12 AM PST

Ismene
Flounder
Flounder
2,095 Posts

[Post New]by Ismene on Nov 20, 12 7:43 AM
I got up at 5 AM, downloaded the demo, and played just long enough to make sure it would run properly on my laptop -- then off to buy! Unfortunately I didn't think to swim by here first, so I didn't know about Hondo's little present. But that's OK, I can use it for another CE.

I'm working until 2 PM my time (unless someone calls in sick), and have some family stuff to take care of this afternoon, but tonight is Shadow Lake time! See you in the game forum!

Rainbow722
Flounder
Flounder
2,404 Posts

[Post New]by Rainbow722 on Nov 20, 12 8:31 AM
Hi Everyone! Glad no one has posted spoilers here yet! I got up at 3 AM, downloaded and played a little while. Then had to go bad to bed.

I love what I've seen of the game! Except I have black bars all the way around the game too--anyone know what resolution is best? I have a 21.5" iMac.

Purplealikat We can come here to discuss our theories that were right, wrong or close as long as the thread stays open. In here we have more leeway for discussions, including personal comments to each other. The game forums are strictly for the game reviews, comments, tech problems or questions about the game. In the past, when spec threads were locked, many of us got "fin-slapped" for remarks that were not appropriate to the game threads. I think that is why, last year they started not locking the spec thread (YAY!). There is still a group of us from the 13th Skull thread who get together (Posey Folks Chat) because we didn't have a place to chat when the spec thread was locked.

ohhh....I'm chatting too much! Gotta play!

[Post New]by Butterflyshrimp on Nov 20, 12 8:55 AM
playzmuzic wrote:
10 Years-Now Is The Time (Ravenous)
12 Stones-Infected
AC/DC-Highway To Hell
Age of Daze-Afflicted
Another Black Day-Wicked Soul
Armor For Sleep-End Of The World
Art Of Dying-Get Thru This
Bloodsimple-Out To Get You
Christine Lorentzen-Creeping In My Soul
Dark New Day-Pieces
Death Cab For Cutie-I Will Possess Your Heart
Disturbed-Down With The Sickness, Haunted, and Perfect Insanity
Escape The Fate-Issues
Five Finger Death Punch-No One Gets Left Behind
Godsmack-Voodoo
In This Moment-Blood
Lacuna Coil-Spellbound
Lansdowne-Watch Me Burn
Linkin Park-Nobody's Listening, When They Come For Me, and Skin To Bone
Lynam-Save My Soul
Mudvayne-Scream With Me
My Darkest Days-Sick and Twisted Affair
Ozzy Osbourne-Let Me Hear You Scream
Pan.a.ce.a-We The Broken
Papa Roach-Getting Away With Murder
Pop Evil-Monster You Made
Powerman 5000-When Worlds Collide
Red-Faceless
Rob Zombie-More Human Than Human
Seether-Breakdown
Sevendust-Unraveling
Skillet-Rebirthing and Monster
Slipknot-Dead Memories
Stone Sour-Say You'll Haunt Me
The Veer Union-Darker Side of Me
We Are The Fallen-Bury Me Alive
Within Temptation-What Have You Done

What are your contributions?

Linkin Park- Shadow of the Day (change it to lake and we're good)
3 Days Grace- Are You Ready?
Shinedown- Sound of Madness

Bad To the Bone
Black Magic Woman

dogmama
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,998 Posts

[Post New]by dogmama on Nov 20, 12 10:27 AM
Just taking a much needed break and stopped by to say to everyone ! I am SO slow <LOL>. I've been playing (with breaks) 7 hours and am only at 25% . I did spend a looong time looking for MOs that hadn't been unlocked yet and even longer on the puzzle trying to unlock them .

Rainbow. ~ Have you tried contacting Vingie about the black bars? I know some folks with pcs have the same problem and I can't figure out why. I have it on my desktop (1920x1080) and laptop (1600x900) and it plays full screen on both. Sorry .

If anyone is wanting to play a continous game on 2 pcs, the profile file can be copied on a disk, thumb drive or emailed back and forth and then you can continue the same game on both pcs. If someone wants to do that and doesn't know how, pm me and I will tell you the steps.

Back to the game .

[Post New]by Pirate_Pete on Nov 20, 12 10:41 AM
purplealikat wrote:Numbers and letters and grids....OH MY

Clearly there's a major gap in my cultural education . There's a similar phrase fairly early in the game (I don't think it's relevant to the gameplay so not a spoiler ), and while it seems familiar I just can't place it!

Could some kind soul put me out of my misery and tell me the origin of this "<something> and <something> and <something>... Oh My!" phrase please?

sisgabe
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by sisgabe on Nov 20, 12 10:48 AM
Pirate_Pete wrote:

Clearly there's a major gap in my cultural education . There's a similar phrase fairly early in the game (I don't think it's relevant to the gameplay so not a spoiler ), and while it seems familiar I just can't place it!

Could some kind soul put me out of my misery and tell me the origin of this "<something> and <something> and <something>... Oh My!" phrase please?

This would be a reference to the "Lions, and tigers, and bears, oh my!" from The Wizard of Oz starring a very young Judy Garland! A classic!!

MJ_Mystery
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by MJ_Mystery on Nov 20, 12 10:49 AM
Pirate_Pete wrote:

I first heard this line in "The Wizard of OZ" movie staring Judy Garland. I think that is what started it. The original line was "Lions and tigers and bears...Oh My!" Hope this answers your question Pirate_Pete.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Nov 20, 12 10:50 AM
dogmama wrote: I have it on my desktop (1920x1080) and laptop (1600x900) and it plays full screen on both.
The reason it works for you on both is Widescreen HD. It's turning that off that isn't working.

1920x1080 (16:9) is Widescreen HD as a native (default) resolution on your desktop. 1600x900 is a 16:9 aspect ratio, same as Widescreen HD. That's why your laptop plays full screen too.

atsfgal
Minnow
Minnow
223 Posts

[Post New]by atsfgal on Nov 20, 12 10:53 AM
I am savoring every moment of this game. Well done Big Fish !!

[Post New]by Pirate_Pete on Nov 20, 12 11:03 AM
@sisgabe and MJ Thank you! I'll be able to sleep tonight now

ccalvert2007
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by ccalvert2007 on Nov 20, 12 11:43 AM
Been at work since 9am. Ran home to download and now at 47%!!!

Sooooo glad i'm off tomorrow to play it

MJ_Mystery
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by MJ_Mystery on Nov 20, 12 1:01 PM
Hey guys...I'm just wondering something. There seems to be a lot of bad reviews popping up in Shadow Lake review forum. I'm curious how you guys feel about the game and about all those negative reviews? Personally I am loving the game...even if I have jumped and screamed several times already and I'm only at the school!

momo2006
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by momo2006 on Nov 20, 12 1:10 PM
MJ, I am loving it and I just now got to the school myself! I've got a bunch of RL stuff to do but I will pop back in later.

Dogmama-At the rate I'm going, it's going to take me about 20 hours to finish this game!

atsfgal
Minnow
Minnow
223 Posts

[Post New]by atsfgal on Nov 20, 12 1:11 PM
MJ_Mystery wrote:Hey guys...I'm just wondering something. There seems to be a lot of bad reviews popping up in Shadow Lake review forum. I'm curious how you guys feel about the game and about all those negative reviews? Personally I am loving the game...even if I have jumped and screamed several times already and I'm only at the school!

I don't know what game they are playing MJ. The one I'm playing (in between getting house/food ready for Thanksgiving company) is great and I'm absolutely loving it!

dogmama
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,998 Posts

[Post New]by dogmama on Nov 20, 12 1:17 PM
MJ_Mystery~ I haven't read any reviews as I'm afraid there might be spoilers that I don't want to see . I'm progressing very slowly (only 47% and almost ready to quit for the day). So far, this is my favorite MCF game since Dire Grove. I'm having a lot of fun and a few s too <LOL>. They put in the MOs just I hoped for (50 spread out during the game) and I MUCH prefer this way of searching for HOs as I had really gotten bored with the same old, same old. The only thing I'm not thrilled with is the dang live jigsaws cause I seem to have a lot of trouble with them . I had to reset one because a piece got stuck and I couldn't move it . But so far, I'd definitely give it 5 out of 5 .

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on Nov 20, 12 1:27 PM
Not reading...will have to catch up later - DYING to start discussing - but can't get through the game - LIFE darn it!

Put up an early review - started to read others & like dogmama decided it's best to just stay away until I'm done!

Got a work assignment 10 min ago JUST as I sat down to play again (after a crazy morning) - so at this point I'm super looking forward to catching up with y'all and discussing tonite!!

Hope lots of folks are enjoying it - BOY did we have some accurate specs and with that

Rainbow722
Flounder
Flounder
2,404 Posts

[Post New]by Rainbow722 on Nov 20, 12 2:09 PM
OOPS! Downside to getting game as gift--can't take advantage of the sale on CEs, which I didn't see until too late anyways 'cause as with all MCF games I just hit "buy" and "submit" as fast as I could. LOL!

dogmama
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,998 Posts

[Post New]by dogmama on Nov 20, 12 2:26 PM
If you've gotten to the warden's house, then you'll probably know what I'm talking about. But I'm going to white it out cause it's a little spoiler .

SPOILER!!!

Does anyone else think that when you click on the fish over the door that it's the devs way of acknowledging and appreciating the songs and poems that are always in the Spec Thread ?

Go to: