buchner
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by buchner on Apr 28, 17 5:25 PM
I am on a PC. Is anyone else having difficulty getting past the create the spring cake in the challenge? I have created many cakes and none will register so I cannot go to the next square. I am afraid that I will miss receiving all the avitars as this game challenge ends soon. Please fix this so I can advance.Thank you

sandhan
Clownfish
Clownfish
919 Posts

[Post New]by sandhan on Apr 28, 17 6:43 PM
What's going on?? I just logged into my game, but my name is now Daniela instead of April, though my number is the same (559411.) My friends are all the same--Daniela also wants to be my friend! But I have less than half the coins I had earlier in the day, and only 24 diamonds instead of 675. On the bright side, I now have all the unique enchanted eggs, even the Knight I was missing. Is this identity theft? Achievements are also different. I've tried several times, with the same result. Help! I don't enjoy being beside myself.

[Post New]by nadiajon on Apr 28, 17 8:59 PM

Edited on 05/01/2017 at 8:02:43 AM PST

jodylync
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by jodylync on Apr 29, 17 3:46 AM
My game will not launch. I click on the icon to start Midnight Castle. After a few moments the big Fish Games Manager pops up with the Thank You for Playing Midnight Castle message.

Edited on 04/29/2017 at 5:26:29 AM PST

margboul
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by margboul on Apr 29, 17 6:41 AM
jodylync wrote: My game will not launch. I click on the icon to start Midnight Castle. After a few moments the big Fish Games Manager pops up with the Thank You for Playing Midnight Castle message.

Have you had the recent win10 update. If so, you can simply change the resolution of your screen, open game , load it, then close out again and reset your resolution. Many have found this to be a quick and easy solution! Good Luck!

jodylync
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by jodylync on Apr 29, 17 8:49 AM
margboul wrote:
jodylync wrote: My game will not launch. I click on the icon to start Midnight Castle. After a few moments the big Fish Games Manager pops up with the Thank You for Playing Midnight Castle message.

Have you had the recent win10 update. If so, you can simply change the resolution of your screen, open game , load it, then close out again and reset your resolution. Many have found this to be a quick and easy solution! Good Luck!

This worked!

Thank you!!

Erlis
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Erlis on Apr 29, 17 9:16 AM
I play on a pc. My problem on the castle challenge is task 16. I had enough carrots to complete the task with a couple left over. Got up 12 and it won't acknowledge the last 3 I got. I have restarted my pc also.

My ID number is 621625
name in game is Erlis

buchner
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by buchner on Apr 29, 17 3:01 PM
in the castle challenge, I have crafted the Spring cake several times. The game will not give me credit and will not let me advance to the next challenge. this has kept me stalled for over a week now and I am getting behind the daily challenges and fear that time will run out to get the avatars.

Please help
Alamo Joe

sam123also
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by sam123also on Apr 29, 17 6:24 PM
Erlis, I have the same problem. I reported it to Tech Support and only got an automatic response that they normally respond within 48 hours. I don't know how may carrots I used before I realized that I wasn't getting credit. I've tried again and again but don't get credit pass the 11 when it stopped counting originally. Good luck to you. I haven't had any luck in the past with customer support. Maybe different this time.

[Post New]by kaygem on Apr 30, 17 1:27 AM
I bought two orders of diamonds in the sale and they haven't posted yet. Is this a problem anyone else is having or do I need to contact tech support?

[Post New]by akanfb on Apr 30, 17 9:57 AM
I _had_ 69 gifts for under Christmas trees. I did 2 rounds of all the rooms and received minimally, 4 more gifts.

I now have 67 gifts.

This isn't the first time that I have noticed either. This spring I am constantly losing gifts, as last Christmas I quit playing due to crashing and constant loss of items and gold, so now that I came back, I am paying attention.

[Post New]by pinchme on Apr 30, 17 9:06 PM
Why me ?
After having my game partially restored from losing everything, worked my way back to level 76 , got current with spring event and challenges.

Get message saying " profile updating try again in a few minutes" . It's been 4 hours now. Tried several times to log on even rebooted.
Have sent message to customer support and PM'd a mod.
Has anyone gotten this same message? I'm afraid I'm going to lose everything again. Play as val on pc #183597

They were updating my profile !
took over 12 hours but all is well even got nice gift from mailman.
Thank You Customer Support

Edited on 05/01/2017 at 9:24:44 AM PST

[Post New]by nellie34 on May 1, 17 3:14 AM
Thank you ... thank you...thank you .... i changed my screen resolution as suggested and its worked....off to do a little bit of catching up now

[Post New]by Angeld on May 1, 17 5:08 AM
I was stuck on level 74 for several days. Every time I tried to complete the last tasks to more to the next level, I got a message saying the tasks were coming in a future update. That got fixed and now I am stuck on level 76 with the same problem, I thought it would get fixed quickly so I did not report it, but this has been a couple weeks or more now. Any idea when it might be fixed?

[Post New]by The_Old_One on May 1, 17 9:05 AM
margboul wrote:
The_Old_One wrote:Hi I also lost my game after a Windows 10 update. I can still play other Big Fish games and I have also uninstalled and re-installed the game with no effect.
My ID is 465840. Thanks

Hi! Did you try changing the resolution of your screen before opening the game? It has worked for many of us. Once the game has opened you can close, put your resolution back to normal and the game will still open. Good luck! P.S. I will invite you so I will know you have had success!!

Hi, sorry about the delay in trying to change the resolution (have been away for the weekend). I have done as you suggested and brilliant it worked straight away and I have changed it back and the game still works. Once again thank you very much for your help.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on May 1, 17 9:32 AM
Hi Everyone,

The Moderation Team greatly appreciates players taking the time to post what is being experienced in their games. I'm sorry to hear that technical issues are present as we want to help get things up and running as they should.

For players that are unable to open their game after a Windows 10 update, it is recommended to adjust the screen resolution as it has been reported to help resolve this issue. Thank you to everyone that has taken the time to post the workaround in this thread as well as other threads. For reference, please try the following steps:

1. Lower the launch resolution- switch to 1600 x 1200
2. Launch the game
3. Exit the game
4. Revert to preferred resolution

For more information about screen resolution, please see the following Big Fish Games Help page:

Screen Resolution

If players are having issues with their progress being taken over by another player's, please reach out to our Midnight Castle Support Team with both player IDs and details of the issue. The Support Team can look into this for you. Just in case it's needed, I'll include how to obtain this information:

What is an in-game ID?

I see that some players are experiencing issues with Castle Challenges not crediting properly. Please be sure that every task has been achieved and registered in sequential order. If a challenge hasn't been completed on the previous day, the current day's task won't register. If you find that the issue persists, please reach out to the Support Team with your player ID and screenshot of what you are seeing on the Castle Challenge. Just in case it's needed, I'll include a help page below on how to take a screenshot:

Taking A Screenshot

If you find that other items are missing from your game, please also reach out to our Midnight Castle Support Team with your player ID and details of what should be credited. The Support Team has the tools to access your account.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on May 1, 17 9:32 AM
For players that have written into the Support Team, we thank you for your patience. Please be sure to reply to every email received if you find that your issue hasn't been resolved. This will help keep your place in line and alert a representative that further assistance is needed.

I'd also like to thank players for their patience regarding the appearance of spam in the forums. The Moderation Team continues to request upgrades to our spam filters. In the meantime, we will also continue to manually ban each spam poster and delete each spam post. For more information, see the following announcement:

An important announcement regarding spam posts - August 12, 2015

Thank you for your patience and understanding. If you have any questions, feel free to PM any of the Active Moderators. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,847 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on May 1, 17 9:48 AM
pinchme wrote:Why me ?
After having my game partially restored from losing everything, worked my way back to level 76 , got current with spring event and challenges.

Get message saying " profile updating try again in a few minutes" . It's been 4 hours now. Tried several times to log on even rebooted.

They were updating my profile !
took over 12 hours but all is well even got nice gift from mailman.
Thank You Customer Support

Hooray!
Glad to know that message wasn't a scary one after all.

Edited on 05/01/2017 at 9:54:42 AM PST

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,847 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on May 1, 17 9:54 AM
Angeld wrote:I was stuck on level 74 for several days. Every time I tried to complete the last tasks to more to the next level, I got a message saying the tasks were coming in a future update. That got fixed and now I am stuck on level 76 with the same problem, I thought it would get fixed quickly so I did not report it, but this has been a couple weeks or more now. Any idea when it might be fixed?

Old-time players have waited up to 6 months between updates.
(lots to do besides character quests! keep playing, have fun, gain coins and diamonds)

This is not a technical problem...just the way the game goes sometimes.

It can take a long time to create the new portions of the MC neverending story.

sam123also
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by sam123also on May 1, 17 12:18 PM

Thanks to the moderators for the suggestion about making sure you have completed and got credit for the prior tasks in CC before thinking there is something wrong with the game. However, the game would not give you credit for any part of a task that is done out of order. I am still stuck with 11 items from carrot use. I got those within the first few minutes of that challenge opening. So for days now I am stuck hoping to hear from technical support. Each

Go to: