Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Dimensions: Shadow Pirouette Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Oct 3, 15 12:54 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 10/03/2015 at 7:37:26 AM PST

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Dimensions: Shadow Pirouette Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by belamba on Oct 3, 15 1:11 AM
For the first time with a CE on my Macbook Pro this game won't work properly. OS X 10.11 El Capitan.

Is it an El Capitan issue?

The game is showing only to the right of the screen....with a big border on left of screen. Only works in windowed mode which means I can't see it properly.

Any ideas please?

sher1
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
9 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Dimensions: Shadow Pirouette Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by sher1 on Oct 3, 15 1:16 AM
just started game and there is no cursor, arrow, pointer, so I am unable to play. I choose option for pointer on options but it doesn't show up.

sher1
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
9 Posts

[Post New]by sher1 on Oct 3, 15 1:17 AM
just started game and there is no cursor, arrow, pointer, so I am unable to play. I choose option for pointer on options but it doesn't show up. I tried uninstall and installing again and the same thing the 2nd time. I think everything else was fine, but I was wondering if there was a glich here??

ciscaR8
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by ciscaR8 on Oct 3, 15 1:22 AM
game is very slow and freezes on the guide

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Oct 3, 15 3:13 AM
sher1 wrote:just started game and there is no cursor, arrow, pointer, so I am unable to play. I choose option for pointer on options but it doesn't show up. I tried uninstall and installing again and the same thing the 2nd time. I think everything else was fine, but I was wondering if there was a glich here??

Hello sher1, I have played 77 minutes of the demo and I have had no Tech Problems/glitches at all.

As Dax has suggested in the OP, it would be helpful, in narrowing down whether the problems/possible glitches are with the game itself or the Operating System they are being played on, if those with issues stated what OS they are using.

I am running W7 Home Premium Ed 64 bit.

BK

rainworm
Herring
Herring
360 Posts

[Post New]by rainworm on Oct 3, 15 3:45 AM
Hi,

I am still on the good old Vista, with which nearly all games run without problems. But: it is slow and when I opened the guide, wanted to close it again, the game froze and I had to quit by force (ctrl-alt-del).

Will try later, but this is a glitch. I played the beta with no problems at all, so what have they done?

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Oct 3, 15 7:38 AM
Hi Everyone,

If there's trouble with getting Dark Dimensions: Shadow Pirouette Collector's Edition to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

Often, we can provide a known solution for technical issues in the Forums and some of our tech savvy pond residents may also swim by with good tips and suggestions. We're unable to provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team because the Forums are not well suited for the type of information-gathering and troubleshooting that's needed in order to correct issues of this nature.

If you're unable to get a game working properly using our Help pages or the tips posted here, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact Customer Support on the front page of our Help pages section.

Contacting Customer Support will help us to gather necessary information on what types of systems are being affected by the problem and to share this information with the developer in order to work towards a fix.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting Customer Support, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgWaimea

[Post New]by ksquared1959 on Oct 3, 15 8:05 AM
Can't get back to the ambulance. Only have 5 pieces of the lantern. Tired of these games having tech issues. Won't buy this one unless there is a quick solution. Any ideas?

doorgirl
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by doorgirl on Oct 3, 15 9:26 AM
belamba wrote:For the first time with a CE on my Macbook Pro this game won't work properly. OS X 10.11 El Capitan.

The game is showing only to the right of the screen....with a big border on left of screen. Only works in windowed mode which means I can't see it properly.

Any ideas please?

This true for me too.
MacOS 10.11
MacbookPro Retina mid 2014

All jammed into the top right corner. If you unclick widescreen, it stays jammed but gets wider.

Developers, please fix as soon as possible.

Edit: Have posted to Tech Support with Dr. Felix and a screenshot.
I will note that the new Amaranthine Voyage: Orb of Purity (just opened) does not have the issue leading me to believe it is not a system-wide OS 10.11 issue; rather a conflict with DDShadow Pirouette specifically.

Edit 2: Am super annoyed that the screen issues here are the very same screen issues from DD Homecoming that they have never fixed them. Ominous Objects: Phantom Reflection has the issue as does Sable Maze Forbidden Garden. NONE of my other games does this except Daily Magic's! And I have really liked DD, OO and Sable Maze lines....but their coding needs fixing! and they've had 8 months since Homecoming to fix it!

Edited on 10/05/2015 at 1:29:59 PM PST

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Oct 3, 15 10:06 AM
doorgirl wrote:
belamba wrote:For the first time with a CE on my Macbook Pro this game won't work properly. OS X 10.11 El Capitan.

Any ideas please?

This true for me too.
MacOS 10.11
MacbookPro Retina mid 2014

All jammed into the top right corner. If you unclick widescreen, it stays jammed but gets wider.

Developers, please fix as soon as possible.

Edit: Have posted to Tech Support with Dr. Felix and a screenshot.
I will note that the new Amaranthine Voyage: Orb of Purity (just opened) does not have the issue leading me to believe it is not a system-wide OS 10.11 issue; rather a conflict with DDShadow Pirouette specifically.

At least I know it's a general Mac users issue...really annoying. I can't see games in windowed mode so can't even try this game. I uninstalled and reinstalled, but no joy.
Haven't tried changing the display, but feel I shouldn't have to mess with settings to get a game to work.

Just hope there's a fix very soon...

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Dimensions: Shadow Pirouette Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by annadnl on Oct 3, 15 10:26 AM
same problem here.
macbookpro retina late 2013 on osx el capitan

Edited on 10/03/2015 at 11:05:34 AM PST

bajacalla
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by bajacalla on Oct 3, 15 10:18 PM
I played the demo with no problems whatsoever, so I bought it.

wow. now the game overfills the screen, white title strip on the top, cannot access anything below the "Inventory" label - not the items, not the hints, not the "Menu" link.

what gives with that?? not particularly happy, since I just had to get a "free CE" coupon for a recent game that had a fatal glitch in the bonus game.

on a Mac mini, OSX Yosemite, computer is 3 months old.

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Oct 3, 15 11:56 PM
Cannot complete the game! *SPOILER ALERT* I guess. Have erased all words, shown the lantern around, replaced all names. Shadows on the ground all now have blue stars floating about them. Replaced the toe shoes and should now be able to use the sledgehammer to break the spell. Except all I get is "need to break the magic spell first" (or something like that). Hint keeps telling me I have nothing to do absolutely anywhere; SG is completely where I am yet I cannot do a damned thing. What the heck? Running Windows 7 Pro 64.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

Reset feature doesn't work

[Post New]by tookat on Oct 4, 15 5:04 AM
I am playing the game in the recording studio where attaching a wire to two symbols creates one composite.
I got confused as to which items I was copying and which was the copy I was making so I decided to reset.

Sorry to say, that the feature doesn't work.
Nor did all the games offer the possibility to reset....and I believe they should.
But this one, should be fixed.

Playing on a Windows 7 SP 1
64 bit.

Edited on 10/04/2015 at 5:08:24 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Oct 4, 15 10:29 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that players are having issues with this particular game.

With players that using OS X 10.11, it may be helpful to try playing the game in windowed mode. I'll include a help article below. You can also press command + F if this works better for you.

Screen Resolution

With players that are having issues progressing, it may be helpful to look at the following help article to ensure that everything is up to date with your video graphics card:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you are still having issues, please reach out to our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. They are always willing to help further troubleshoot.

Please let a moderator know in a PM if you have any additional questions.

bfgBellerophon

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Oct 5, 15 6:48 AM
bfgBellerophon wrote:Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that players are having issues with this particular game.

With players that using OS X 10.11, it may be helpful to try playing the game in windowed mode. I'll include a help article below. You can also press command + F if this works better for you.

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=537">Screen Resolution </a>

With players that are having issues progressing, it may be helpful to look at the following help article to ensure that everything is up to date with your video graphics card:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=166">Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen </a>

If you are still having issues, please reach out to our <a href="https://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/ask">Technical Support Team</a> with a <a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=1688">Dr. Felix Report</a>. They are always willing to help further troubleshoot.

Please let a moderator know in a PM if you have any additional questions.

bfgBellerophon

Thank you for your input. There's no way on this planet I'd buy a CE that can only be played in windowed mode. The game clearly offers wide screen and full screen. I can't even see the items in windowed mode, and the rest of the background is distracting too.
I've loved all games on this series and never had an issue on the Mac like this, used to get huge amount on my Windows machine.
Can't the devs roll out a quick fix please? I've used up ten minutes playing with screen res display but nothing works
Would love a chance to at least play the demo.
Thanks,
Belamba

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Oct 5, 15 9:46 PM
I am playing on a 27" late 2013 iMac running OS 11 El Capitan. I did not play far into the demo, but for me, there were no problems with the game screen size. The game opened in wide screen with whatever were the game's default settings.

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Dimensions: Shadow Pirouette Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by judyhoosier on Oct 6, 15 12:01 AM
Daxadillion wrote:A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

it wont work cause it has the hospital lobby that wont go away it stays so you cant pick any thing up it only show lobby
im using windows 7 but none of the rest does it

1357wc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
453 Posts

[Post New]by 1357wc on Oct 7, 15 7:49 PM
Using Windows XP. Every once in awhile the screen freezes with access error and terminates the game. Fortunately I am able to go back in and not lose anything. I also find sometimes you have to click a couple times before the cursor will do something or move to the next scene. Hopefully I can complete the game but this is not good.

Go to: