dramajunkie
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,641 Posts

SPAM

[Post New]by dramajunkie on Oct 3, 15 11:23 AM
Usually the spam is gone when I get here, but today!

I will not give the spammers my "click", even to hit the !.

There has to be a way for the mods to see the spam if they are so vigilant about finding/deleting non-review posts. Someone must be looking in on the forum.

Help us out guys...

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

Re:SPAM

[Post New]by dollyflower on Oct 3, 15 11:43 AM
I agree! Down with Spam! Where are the mods?

SPAM

[Post New]by shelterhill on Oct 3, 15 11:44 AM
dramajunkie wrote:
There has to be a way for the mods to see the spam if they are so vigilant about finding/deleting non-review posts. Someone must be looking in on the forum.

Help us out guys...

Absolutely!!

MsNetty61
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by MsNetty61 on Oct 3, 15 11:50 AM
Every forum I have been on recently have these crazy spam messages, and I am surprised that BF can't block them in some way or at least take them off as soon as they arrive......I know BF can remove comments that are not appropriate to the subject, why not these too?

2cats4u
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by 2cats4u on Oct 3, 15 1:31 PM
I AGREE. Don't understand when "The Big Fish" are supposed to be so vigilant about the discussion matter.Just what all this nonsense has to do with the game at hand ?? Such a shame that our pond has been POLLUTATED by thoughtless members,when the purposes is suppose to be helping one other. WHERE'S THE MONITOR????

sixmilecoss
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by sixmilecoss on Oct 3, 15 2:26 PM
When I commented on it one time, I was told that my comments were not helping and they removed my comments about it.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Oct 3, 15 5:17 PM
Ok....I don't know if anyone else actually reported the spam but I have a few of the mods in my address book....looked to see if any of them was on-line and then reported the spam to that mod, so hopefully they will take care of it.

THAT and the marking of the spam with the red exclamation point....or maybe filling out a 'contact us' form, are the only appropriate ways of dealing with the spam.

Happy, sane gaming fishies!

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Oct 3, 15 7:35 PM
One of the Mod told me that I should just Mark Them as Offensive by clicking on the Red Exclamation Mark in the upper right corner. If a few players do that they will check into it. Some of these won't even open but I'll mark the ones that will.

bluejen
Clownfish
Clownfish
702 Posts

[Post New]by bluejen on Oct 3, 15 9:14 PM
I can't find the red exclamation mark. What am I doing wrong. Wow, if you mention a developer's name, it's flagged immediately. They should have some software in place for spam.

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Oct 3, 15 10:24 PM
bluejen wrote:I can't find the red exclamation mark. What am I doing wrong. Wow, if you mention a developer's name, it's flagged immediately. They should have some software in place for spam.

In the Upper Right Corner of each Post, there are 4 Tabs from left to right they are Quote - PM - Red Exclamation Mark ( ! ) - an Up Arrow in a Gray Dot. If you hover you cursor over the Red Exclamation Mark, a small caption window appears saying Report as Offensive.

The Tabs don't appear in a Post that you are currently writing.

HTH

Edited on 10/03/2015 at 10:25:55 PM PST

lorem
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by lorem on Oct 3, 15 11:04 PM
Such a shame this keeps happening..can't they be blocked from the site?

gamblebug
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by gamblebug on Oct 3, 15 11:39 PM
Yeah the spam is bad ,but has anyone taken notice that all this bad spamming started after BF sold out.I never recall seeing this stuff before . And this makes second day of this and the mods are nowhere to be found,but you make a comment they don't agree on and they're there to swipe you off the board .I want my old BF back.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Oct 4, 15 12:58 PM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to pop in here in regards to the spam posts that you have seen. The Moderation Team understands the frustration that the posts are causing in the forums and apologize for the inconvenience they have caused. We do ask however that users do not reply or comment on those types of posts. As soon as the Moderation Team gets into the office, we have to manually ban and delete each and every post. Commenting on the spam not only adds to the issue, but also is a violation of the Forum Rules specifically,

Make sure your posts are constructive and add to the conversation on the forums. Posting just to "level up" or "bump" discussions is considered SPAM. Posts that are not game related will be removed.

Do not respond to or comment on posts or discussions that break the rules. Report the post or discussion to a moderator. Contributing, even to mention that something breaks the rules, keeps that discussion visible and aggravates the problem.

As we continue to wait for our filters to be updated, we ask that users ignore the spam posts as we manually delete them. Users are also welcome to flag the posts by clicking on the !. With enough people flagging the posts, it will take out the appearance of the spam until the moderators get into the office.

In regards to the acquisition of Big Fish Games that has been brought to attention in this thread, Church Hill Downs Inc. acquired Big Fish because they admire and appreciate the games business we've built to date, and wish to see it remain intact and grow into the future. This acquisition does not change the quantity nor quality of games we will be bringing to Big Fish fans, nor does it change how we will continue to engage with our customers. The spam posts are not related to the acquisition in any way. Thank you for your understanding.

As this thread isn't game related and violation of the Forum Rules, I'm going to go ahead and lock it. You are welcome to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

Edited on 10/04/2015 at 12:59:39 PM PST

Go to: