Sjlovescc
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

SwitchBoard challenge, very very frustrating!!!!

[Post New]by Sjlovescc on Sep 15, 09 3:02 PM
i cannot get through the switchboard challenge and don't see a way to skip it. i'm sick of doing it over and over. Is there some way to skip it so i can move on. i've gone from liking, to hating this game because i've been stuck there for two days now!! Please help!!!

angelize81
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,235 Posts

Re:SwitchBoard challenge, very very frustrating!!!!

[Post New]by angelize81 on Sep 15, 09 3:32 PM
Hi sjlovescc and welcome to the pond! I am so very sorry it has taken so long for you to receive a response! Let me just have a few minutes and I will find what you seek.......

What level exactly or where are you at exactly in the game?

Edited on 09/15/2009 at 3:42:10 PM PST

Sjlovescc
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by Sjlovescc on Sep 16, 09 8:10 PM
Hi again, thanks for getting back to me. i am starting chapter 15 and cannot actually begin because the first thing i have to do is operate a switchboard of callers and send them to the appropriate extension which i apparently suck at.

EldonA
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by EldonA on Sep 17, 09 5:25 PM
I agree this is VERY frustrating. My wife and I (both good gamers) can not get by this puzzle and are therefore stuck. It is difficult enough when you have to remember which room Mr. X or Miss Y was in BUT this biggest problem is there is [u]not nearly[/u] enough time to read some long clues and then decide which room. If this can not be skipped then a patch to allow more time is needed. HELP!!!

Sjlovescc
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by Sjlovescc on Sep 17, 09 10:42 PM
i absolutely agree, furthermore, i often cannot make out what the caller is saying, and the correct connection is often not intuitive~ thanks for the post, at least i feel validated now. Sj

[Post New]by fscgvd on Sep 18, 09 9:36 AM
I WISH I HAD NOT PURCHASED THIS REDICULOUS GAME.I HATE THE SWITCH BOARD PART. I REALLY DON`T SEE ANY CONNECTION ETWEEN IT, AND "HIDDEN OBJECTS". THERE IS NO WAY ANY " NORMAL" HUMAN CAN BEAT IT. I AM NOTPURCHASING ANY MORE GAMES. WHEN THE FREE TRIAL IS OVER, I`LL DELETE THE SITE FROM MY DATA BASE.

[Post New]by fscgvd on Sep 18, 09 9:37 AM
I WISH I HAD NOT PURCHASED THIS REDICULOUS GAME.I HATE THE SWITCH BOARD PART. I REALLY DON`T SEE ANY CONNECTION ETWEEN IT, AND "HIDDEN OBJECTS". THERE IS NO WAY ANY " NORMAL" HUMAN CAN BEAT IT. I AM NOTPURCHASING ANY MORE GAMES. WHEN THE FREE TRIAL IS OVER, I`LL DELETE THE SITE FROM MY DATA BASE.

sithy53
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by sithy53 on Sep 18, 09 7:56 PM
EldonA wrote:I agree this is VERY frustrating. My wife and I (both good gamers) can not get by this puzzle and are therefore stuck. It is difficult enough when you have to remember which room Mr. X or Miss Y was in BUT this biggest problem is there is [u]not nearly[/u] enough time to read some long clues and then decide which room. If this can not be skipped then a patch to allow more time is needed. HELP!!!

I am having the same problem. Did anyone ever help you out?

Sjlovescc
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by Sjlovescc on Sep 19, 09 9:45 AM
No, i'm still stuck! someone offered to help if i gave more details regarding where in the game i was but once i posted that information, that person never wrote back.

Edited on 09/19/2009 at 9:47:13 AM PST

[Post New]by kpdp1505 on Sep 20, 09 7:01 PM
Re: Switchboard Challange. I have been working on this for days, there has to be some way to skip it. I love the game until now,I am sick of wasting my time on this. Is there anyway around it?

lovetoocraft
Herring
Herring
312 Posts

[Post New]by lovetoocraft on Sep 22, 09 9:16 PM
I agree with all of you. There should be a way to skip this or turn off the timer. I cannot process information that quickly, and cannot even come close to beating this mini game. Unfortunately, I already purchased this game...what a waste of money! I also agree...this has nothing to do with hidden objects.

Big Fish...is there any way you can find a way to turn off the timers to the mini games and also give us a "skip" option?
lovetoocraft

griffgirl
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by griffgirl on Sep 26, 09 12:23 PM
I too had too much trouble with this part. There is a list of employees in the journal, I believe, indicating what area they work in. I wrote it down and referred to it when playing this for the nth time. I still don't know where to put the call for the size of the window but got thru it. Unfortunately, it is timed so there is no time to think while you are transferring calls. Good luck!

[Post New]by purplerain71 on Sep 26, 09 1:54 PM
So frustrating!!! I wish I never purchase this game!!! Big fish, delete this part of game or give us option to skip it to next step!!!

OpalCtr
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by OpalCtr on Sep 30, 09 7:44 AM
I get the impression that this game (or at least the switchboard part) was written when computers were much, much slower. With faster computers it is impossible to beat it. Anyone got an Apple IIC that we can play it on?

[Post New]by Nanairish on Sep 30, 09 2:40 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhhh guys, I see there has been no help on the switchboard section. I can't get through it. I am so frustrated also. I hope someone will come to help.

[Post New]by cruisagirl on Oct 2, 09 6:05 AM
I also had trouble with this. What I did was read the end part of what the caller is asking for as reading the whole lot or listening to the call is too slow. Also learnt what calls went to which rooms through having to do this reapeatedly. It is beatable, with practice and fast reading.

Hope that helps.....

flo314ca
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by flo314ca on Oct 3, 09 2:21 AM
I did the mini game like ten times!! I would glance at the words at the top to help. Also, keep in mind the order the calls come in... for example, if you pick up line one then line two, don't go back to line one... continue to line 3.

Play it a few times and guess if you don't know the answer. Then after you figure out where some of them go, just remember them because they repeat.

Meditation stuff goes to the zen room, etc.

Look for keys words in the sentence like waste or furnace. If you or hear boss, that's the manager's office.

Good luck!!

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,409 Posts

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Nov 19, 09 8:50 PM
I too have been really frustrated with this part of the game. This is not the first time though LOL. I had to put the Nancy Drew barrel racing game on the shelf for about 2 weeks until I had the patience to try again and voila! I got through the stupid thing and went on to enjoy the game and finish it. I'm usually pretty fast and I can't complete it. I think I'm gonna have to memorize all the rooms and exactly what the do there, just like working at a real job before I can beat it. Don't let it beat you, just put it away until you are feeling really patient then try again. It must be beatable....
Happy gaming

b00kworm
Clownfish
Clownfish
912 Posts

[Post New]by b00kworm on Dec 1, 09 6:06 AM
I got through the challenge on the second try (made too many wrong connections the first time). The trick - at least for me - was to look for keywords instead of reading the whole sentences. Refers to financial operations, for example, go to the manager's office. Dates for hair or make-up to the hair salon. Beauty treatments to the ivory room and so on. I agree the game is pretty hard, but it is beatable.

Lauralei
Clownfish
Clownfish
652 Posts

[Post New]by Lauralei on Dec 23, 09 2:40 PM
Don't give up. I just shocked myself by getting it finally after about 15 tries. I googled a walkthrough with examples of incoming calls which I went over and over, tried game, read examples again, etc. Still failed but got better with practice. Got faster with practice. Don't let it beat you. It can be done with practice and you can go on with the game. (p.s. I'm no kid, either. lol)

Go to: