Welcome to Midnight Castle forum

nanasue12
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

Re:Welcome to Midnight Castle forum

[Post New]by nanasue12 on Aug 3, 16 3:47 PM
I have two questions for experienced MC players. First, gifting etiquette? I have a lot of friends from the SE and most are at a much higher level than I am. They have been VERY generous! Some days I get 15 or more SIGNIFICANT gifts! But I work 10+ hours a day and can usually send only five or ten gifts a day. I cannot catch up with these generous people! Please advise on what I should do. I do not want to delete these wonderful friends. Should I delete my wish list for a while until I catch up? And second, the airship. If I send one at say, 7:00pm, the next day at the same time, it will tell me I have to wait four hours to send it again. Is that how the game works or is this a glitch? Any advice you could provide would be very welcome. Thank you!

Jackie34918
Flounder
Flounder
2,054 Posts

[Post New]by Jackie34918 on Aug 3, 16 4:00 PM
barbspin wrote:I once saw a list of best places to feed your pets. Can someone point me in the right direction to that post again or would our moderators be kind enough to repost it?
Thanks!

Here’s the link you’re looking for.

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/404978.page

Jackie34918
Flounder
Flounder
2,054 Posts

[Post New]by Jackie34918 on Aug 3, 16 4:07 PM
nanasue12 wrote:I have two questions for experienced MC players. First, gifting etiquette? I have a lot of friends from the SE and most are at a much higher level than I am. They have been VERY generous! Some days I get 15 or more SIGNIFICANT gifts! But I work 10+ hours a day and can usually send only five or ten gifts a day. I cannot catch up with these generous people! Please advise on what I should do. I do not want to delete these wonderful friends. Should I delete my wish list for a while until I catch up? And second, the airship. If I send one at say, 7:00pm, the next day at the same time, it will tell me I have to wait four hours to send it again. Is that how the game works or is this a glitch? Any advice you could provide would be very welcome. Thank you!

Well, if I were in your shoes I would simply delete my wish list for a while and add something like “gift catch up” to my avatar name so people know why you have no list. The airship is docked for 16 hours (if I remember correctly) until you fill it and send it.

[Post New]by alisonmeier on Aug 3, 16 6:01 PM
The ads happened before they showed the top list, max score screen for the hos. It was a video to buy games from big fish games from AppStore. You had to sit through video before x came up to exit. Since it was App Store, it may have only happen on iPads. It stopped after we complained.

moonfell
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by moonfell on Aug 3, 16 10:24 PM
c0c0_nuts wrote:**SPOILER**
Do not read below, if you do not want to know what the castle challenge tasks are.
------------------------------
Please someone explain the Castle Challenge. I'm on the second challenge, it wants USE 20 ITEMS IN ZOO ZONE. I've worked several zz's and the counter has not moved but the timer is moving. Is this normal or is there something wrong, it does not show that I have worked any of the zoom zones. What am I doing wrong?
Gavi-Tn 127617

Castle Challenge
-------------------------
1) Complete 5 zoom zones in 30 minutes
2) Feed pets with 30 bags of food
3) Pack 12 crates for airships
4) Get 1000 coins in 4 hours
5) Beat Anabel at dice 3 times
6) Complete a 5-part daily quest
7) Collect 50 morphing objects in 60 minutes
8) Send 3 airships
9) Earn 600 coins by collecting morphing objects
10) Get 1 diamond from the fortune wheel
11) Get 5 plain stamps
12) Help friends 5 times
13) Complete 10 zoom zones
14) Get 5 gold chests from feeding pets
15) Beat the wise dragon at dice 3 times
16) Examine hidden object scenes 20 times in 30 minutes
17) Craft 15 items in 30 minutes
18) Use 70 hints while examining hidden object scenes
19) Feed pets 8 times
20) Get 3 rare stamps
21) Earn 2000 coins playing dice
22) Get 5 iron chests from feeding pets
23) Receive 300 wheels from sending airships
24) Complete 5 parts of daily quests
25) Get 15 items from the fortune wheel
26) Examine hidden object scenes 100 times
27) Collect 200 airship items
28) Get 30 pet medallions in 24 hours
29) Craft 10 items
30) Get 5 unusual stamps

[Removed by moderator]

[Post New]by leocuehe on Aug 4, 16 2:42 AM

Edited on 08/04/2016 at 7:09:37 AM PST

[Removed by moderator]

[Post New]by Marjoriered on Aug 4, 16 3:42 AM

Edited on 08/05/2016 at 5:31:04 AM PST

c0c0_nuts
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by c0c0_nuts on Aug 4, 16 4:38 AM
moonfell wrote:
Please someone explain the Castle Challenge. I'm on the second challenge, it wants USE 20 ITEMS IN ZOO ZONE. I've worked several zz's and the counter has not moved but the timer is moving. Is this normal or is there something wrong, it does not show that I have worked any of the zoom zones. What am I doing wrong?
Gavi-Tn 127617

The timer on that task lets you know when it will unlock. The task for day 2 is not available to be worked on yet. Every day a new task will unlock.

Edited on 08/04/2016 at 4:45:08 AM PST

[Removed by moderator]

[Post New]by gloriagonzalis on Aug 4, 16 4:39 AM

Edited on 08/04/2016 at 7:05:37 AM PST

[Post New]by crystalwitch1955 on Aug 4, 16 8:04 AM
nanasue12 wrote:I have two questions for experienced MC players. First, gifting etiquette? I have a lot of friends from the SE and most are at a much higher level than I am. They have been VERY generous! Some days I get 15 or more SIGNIFICANT gifts! But I work 10+ hours a day and can usually send only five or ten gifts a day. I cannot catch up with these generous people! Please advise on what I should do. I do not want to delete these wonderful friends. Should I delete my wish list for a while until I catch up? And second, the airship. If I send one at say, 7:00pm, the next day at the same time, it will tell me I have to wait four hours to send it again. Is that how the game works or is this a glitch? Any advice you could provide would be very welcome. Thank you!

You could delete your wish list if you want to, but your friends send you gifts because they want to, and always have the option not to. I have too many friends to be able to gift everyone, every day, and try to do them in order (excluding those who are currently inactive. I do try to return gifts to those who have sent to me, but it isn't always possible because I don't always have what they need. One friend has sent gifts for two or three days, but I have nothing on their wish list so cannot reciprocate. However, the reverse is also true and if I send a gift to someone and don't get anything from them, I assume that they don't have what I need.
As far as the airship is concerned, when it arrives, you have 16 hours before it goes off, whether you've packed it or not. If you send it straight away, you have 4 hours before it returns, although you can call it back quicker with diamonds if you need to. I never pack and send them any more except when a quest asks for it. You can also send them empty if you have none or very few of one of the items, which I do when I know I can't fill one or more of the chests on airship but a quest/task asks for airship to be sent - when it comes back, there's a good chance it will ask for different items.

Betsi47
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Betsi47 on Aug 4, 16 9:09 AM
I am iOS and the challenges must be different with that format.

1. 20 HOS scenes
2. Use 20 items in ZZ.
Etc.

There are several days when you have to send ships so again I will not be gifting airship items. Sorry.
I didn't list the whole thing here because everyone can see themselves. Point was different formats may have different order of things.

Good luck all.

c0c0_nuts
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by c0c0_nuts on Aug 4, 16 9:40 AM
Betsi47 wrote:I am iOS and the challenges must be different with that format.

1. 20 HOS scenes
2. Use 20 items in ZZ.
Etc.

There are several days when you have to send ships so again I will not be gifting airship items. Sorry.
I didn't list the whole thing here because everyone can see themselves. Point was different formats may have different order of things.

Good luck all.

The castle challenge is the same for all platforms.
moonfell quoted the previous/old castle challenge.

New Castle Challenge - PC
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/827537.page

Edited on 08/04/2016 at 9:44:13 AM PST

Rebecca_47
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by Rebecca_47 on Aug 4, 16 10:15 PM
Jackie34918 wrote:
barbspin wrote:I once saw a list of best places to feed your pets. Can someone point me in the right direction to that post again or would our moderators be kind enough to repost it?
Thanks!

Here’s the link you’re looking for.

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/404978.page
I

If I were to watch for all that I wouldn't have time to do anything at all. A better way is to realize that each pet has a feeding order. Starts with wooden and ends with gold, they proceed (or not for some) thru iron to silver, with the number of each depending on pet. Room has little to do with it or how quickly you do feedings. I have fed several pets without paying any attention to room or order or which avatar I was using and gotten all goods from them. Just lucky it was their time and next I try them gotten all woods.

Rebecca_47
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by Rebecca_47 on Aug 4, 16 10:22 PM
moonfell wrote:
------------------------------
Gavi-Tn 127617

The daily wants you to use items you have made in a zoom zone. I.e. the rock garden in the Castle uses a key to generate several items, you need to use one of those reward items. I activated 3 of the Destiny key avatars and ran thru them until I completed the daily part of the quest. Only took about twice thru each to get there

Edited on 08/04/2016 at 10:24:16 PM PST

[Removed by moderator]

[Post New]by arnoldmdj on Aug 5, 16 2:15 AM

Edited on 08/05/2016 at 5:39:40 AM PST

[Removed by moderator]

[Post New]by timothymartiniz on Aug 5, 16 4:45 AM

Edited on 08/05/2016 at 5:37:05 AM PST

moonfell
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by moonfell on Aug 5, 16 7:02 AM
c0c0_nuts wrote:
moonfell wrote:
Gavi-Tn 127617

The timer on that task lets you know when it will unlock. The task for day 2 is not available to be worked on yet. Every day a new task will unlock.
Gavi-Tn #127617

Luckytrev
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Luckytrev on Aug 5, 16 9:18 PM
crystalwitch1955 wrote:

You could delete your wish list if you want to, but your friends send you gifts because they want to, and always have the option not to. I have too many friends to be able to gift everyone, every day, and try to do them in order (excluding those who are currently inactive. I do try to return gifts to those who have sent to me, but it isn't always possible because I don't always have what they need. One friend has sent gifts for two or three days, but I have nothing on their wish list so cannot reciprocate. However, the reverse is also true and if I send a gift to someone and don't get anything from them, I assume that they don't have what I need.

I agree, we choose to send gifts, and sometimes we don't have what you have - but if it's on your Wishlist and I have enough of it I will gift it on. So don't feel guilty about getting lots of gifts, we wouldn't give them if we didn't want to - and one day you just have the very item I need and you can pass it on then.

Happy gaming everyone
Luckytrev

[Removed by Moderator]

[Post New]by AliciaMejia on Aug 6, 16 4:05 AM

Edited on 08/06/2016 at 10:42:09 AM PST

ellenkcl
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by ellenkcl on Aug 6, 16 9:06 AM
Looking ahead in Castle Challange. One is send 6 airships. I was just wondering if that could mean we could send an empty airship. Other challange said to send a certain number of crates. Would like some thoughts from others.

Go to: