bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Nanny 911 comments and reviews

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 16, 09 1:05 AM
Our reviewers haven’t had a chance to get you a review of this game yet. We do value your reviews though, as do many of the other fish in our pond, so feel free to post your own and our Big Fish reviewers will be back to throw in their two cents as soon as possible!

Happy gaming !

Edited on 09/16/2009 at 10:05:30 AM PST

Re:Nanny 911 comments and reviews

[Post New]by LawMama on Sep 16, 09 7:27 AM
Game gets stuck and will not let you advance past day two. The Dad must discipline the child but when he does it does not recognize it. If you try to use the tutorial in the beginning of day two, it will not let the Mom discipline the little girl on the bed. Maybe the game will be more enjoyable when the bugs are worked out.

[Post New]by spooky09 on Sep 16, 09 7:56 AM
I also had that same problem with it not allowing you to click on the kids. Seems like it might be a good game, too bad it doesn't work right.

[Post New]by brandianedgar on Sep 16, 09 8:15 AM
I agree this game is still buggy I was able to get to day 3 night but it wont let me put the dishes on the table...Hopefully you can put out a bug free version it looks like a lot of fun

heidid
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by heidid on Sep 16, 09 8:35 AM
I'm having similar problems with not being able to click on things. All in all, it takes most of the enjoyment out of the game and just makes it frustrating. I'll wait for a new release.

[Post New]by cl0517 on Sep 16, 09 8:40 AM
The same thing happened to me on the night version of day 2...won't let me let the mom or dad discipline the child in the tutorial part. If you skip the tutorial part all the parents do is clean up the mess...no discipline...very disappointed Big Fish...please let us know when you've worked out the kinks, until then I won't be buying it.

[Post New]by leparlon on Sep 16, 09 9:35 AM
Hello, I just finished the first family.. I am enjoying the game so far..
About the day 2, I had the same problem, but then I realized that I needed to select mom first, by clicking on the Pink handy button, the same thing on day three night.. I found that I should pay attention to which parent I am using.. most of the times that I thougth I was stuck on the tutorial, I could unstuck by selecting the right parent.

Nice game so far.. I want to see the second family first, before buying it...

Saturn1985
Minnow
Minnow
286 Posts

[Post New]by Saturn1985 on Sep 16, 09 9:40 AM
This game is way better than Nanny Mania 1 and 2. But of course it is a pity that some of you experience problems with the game's performance. If I remember correctly, the game originally was supposed to be released in Mid-July, but had to be delayed due to a few issues. I hope there will be a really fixed version soon.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Sep 16, 09 9:45 AM
I just finished the hour demo and played the whole way through first family did not come across these glitches -sometimes the controls were a bit cumbersome switching back and forth between the parents and the pos/neg feedback.
That is probably my only complaint about the game so far- the controls are fiddly otherwise I did enjoy the game.

Like leparlon, really need to play more of it though to make further judgement.

ciscaR8
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

Nanny 911 comments and reviews

[Post New]by ciscaR8 on Sep 16, 09 9:48 AM
bfgFlounder wrote:Our reviewers haven’t had a chance to get you a review of this game yet. We do value your reviews though, as do many of the other fish in our pond, so feel free to post your own and our Big Fish reviewers will be back to throw in their two cents as soon as possible!
Happy gaming !

not having any of those problems, game works fine with me

OldManOdin
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by OldManOdin on Sep 16, 09 11:53 AM
I think that some of the people who think they have a bug might be missing an arrow someplace. Like with the dishes. I thought I was stuck there too, but then I realized that there are TWO pink arrows on that scene! You just need to click the Mom icon where the arrow in the bottom corner is pointing at and THEN click on the dishes. Try that and I think your game will work. Good luck!

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Sep 16, 09 11:56 AM
OldManOdin wrote:I think that some of the people who think they have a bug might be missing an arrow someplace. Like with the dishes. I thought I was stuck there too, but then I realized that there are TWO pink arrows on that scene! You just need to click the Mom icon where the arrow in the bottom corner is pointing at and THEN click on the dishes. Try that and I think your game will work. Good luck!

Yes I was thinking that too, it could be because of the fiddly controls. The game is not the most user friendly that way. I got used to it the more I played but still a bit of pain all this switching back and forth and making sure the correct parent and action highlighted.

kececi
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by kececi on Sep 16, 09 3:58 PM
Closed demo after about 20 minutes, stuck like everyone else. Too many instructions. LIked other Nanny games, this one needs help.

Candukay
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,319 Posts

[Post New]by Candukay on Sep 16, 09 5:13 PM
I got up family 2, about day 2 or 3, in the demo and did not have the same glitches as everyone else. The glitch I did encounter was when I would send a parent to change the toddler's diaper, for some reason it wouldn't let me. And then the parent was stuck holding the child and wouldn't do anything else. At first I just thought that happened because "dinner time" was called in the middle of that action, but it happened again on a different day no where near "dinner time". I had to go back to the main menu every time this happened and start the day over. Over-all, it wasn't that big of a deal, but I can imagine the later levels getting harder and then it would be a big deal to start the day completely over.

Otherwise, I enjoyed the game. I'll probably wait for a game credit though as opposed to outright buying the game right now.

Jaboulka
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by Jaboulka on Sep 17, 09 1:12 AM
I had no problems at all with this game, which by the way I love!

Reading all the messages I am nearly sure that nobody here has any bug, people are just not clicking right ... come on guys follow the tutorial, it's not that difficult ...

[Post New]by flutterby_dee on Sep 17, 09 2:19 AM
I really enjoyed playing the trial for this one! I didn't experience any of the bugs mentioned above. I got about halfway through the second family. I found the gameplay quick enough to be a good challenge. While the levels are "timed" in the sense that you have a goal time, it didn't seem to matter if I didn't make the goal time, so this could appeal to both players who like a timed mode and players who like untimed games.

[Post New]by deutscheng on Sep 17, 09 5:36 AM
I keep getting thrown out of the game on day one. I think I'm just going to have to call this game a lost cause for me.

cry5tal
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by cry5tal on Sep 17, 09 8:22 AM
I played the game for almost the entire demo trial hour. I like the graphics in the game, but I have to say that it is a just little too complicated, in my opinion. I didn't encounter any glitches and I definitely agree with many in saying that the controls are a little complicated.

When you are trying to get a parent to discipline the child, you have to make sure that you click the child and not whatever they are doing that needs discipline (i.e. the wall they are drawing on).

@Candukay: you might not have been able to change the diaper because of the same thing I did. I tried to set it up in advance by clicking the diaper-changing station and then clicking the garbage can. What I found is that the parent would then be unable to change the diaper (and hence, you'd be stuck). If you give the parent a little time to get to the station and start changing it, you can then click the garbage can in the bathroom in advance (although, why there isn't a garbage can beside the station is beyond me. Who wants to carry a dirty diaper through the house just to be able to throw it away?)

Overall, I thought the storyline was good. Graphics were good, but gameplay could be worked on. /5

[Post New]by haileesmother on Sep 17, 09 11:26 AM
i uninstalled the game 2 minutes after playing it...it seems like there r too many "specific instructions" i passed the first day and all i did was click around....nobody did anything i woke the mom up once and woke the dad up 2 times....idk i didnt like it lol

[Post New]by bosquewind on Sep 17, 09 4:45 PM
LawMama wrote:Game gets stuck and will not let you advance past day two. The Dad must discipline the child but when he does it does not recognize it. If you try to use the tutorial in the beginning of day two, it will not let the Mom discipline the little girl on the bed. Maybe the game will be more enjoyable when the bugs are worked out.

This is exactly the problem I have. I've redownloaded and reinstalled and still get this. If I could resolve this issue, I'd consider buying, it's cute.... but obviously won't buy if I can't play.

Go to: