emerance
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

Suddenly getting "Director Error"

[Post New]by emerance on Sep 16, 09 4:19 PM
I've had this game for about 3 years and suddenly it's failing with a lot of errors that just keep displaying. I click on "OK" and it just pops up another one.

What's going on? Is there a patch I've missed? It was working fine until about a week ago!

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

Re:Suddenly getting "Director Error"

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Sep 18, 09 5:20 AM
If you cant get into the game at & if youve had it for around 3 years & played it a fair bit in that time you may be needing the fix

This is done when yv played yr player file upto around the 500kb mark

Check this first & if its not that then we can look at other things

Checking the kbs on yr player file - these instructions are for Xp - if you are using Vista or Mac - msg me & i'll send you the link on how to find the game files & folders in these puters if you dont already know how

Right clik yr Mte game icon (the 1 you start the game up with)
Clik Properties
Clik Find Target

Look for the 'Player' folder & double clik on it

You will see a lot of wierd looking files that are all the same

Find the 'Players' file - directly underneath it there will be a number with kb beside it - if you cant see the number gently sit yr mouse on the file & the number will appear

Then post back & we'll go from there

emerance
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by emerance on Sep 23, 09 3:48 PM
I'm using Vista. Where can I find this?
thanks!

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Sep 24, 09 8:28 PM
emerance wrote:I'm using Vista. Where can I find this?
thanks!

Have pm'd you with info

[Post New]by Call60 on Sep 25, 09 4:45 PM
Using Vista. How do I proceed? Waiting for fix info

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Sep 25, 09 10:08 PM
Call60 wrote:Using Vista. How do I proceed? Waiting for fix info

Hi Call

Have pm'd you

Any probs post back

Fi

[Post New]by memawnette on Oct 1, 09 1:15 PM
emerance wrote:I've had this game for about 3 years and suddenly it's failing with a lot of errors that just keep displaying. I click on "OK" and it just pops up another one.

What's going on? Is there a patch I've missed? It was working fine until about a week ago!

[Post New]by Manzk2 on Oct 3, 09 12:02 PM
using vista, help I need to play this game

Edited on 10/03/2009 at 12:04:14 PM PST

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Oct 5, 09 3:07 AM
Hi Memawnette

I'm assuming by yr post yr in the same position as the previous poster - have pm'd you fix info

memawnette wrote:
emerance wrote:I've had this game for about 3 years and suddenly it's failing with a lot of errors that just keep displaying. I click on "OK" and it just pops up another one.

Edited on 10/05/2009 at 3:15:35 AM PST

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Oct 5, 09 3:10 AM
Hi Manzk2

Not sure how long yv been playing for or what sort of director error yr getting but have pm'd you a link - post back if its not what yr looking for

Manzk2 wrote:using vista, help I need to play this game

[Post New]by mycaricature on Oct 12, 09 9:02 AM
I'm also having this error and running on Vista. H-E-L-P (please!)

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Oct 13, 09 2:04 AM
mycaricature wrote:I'm also having this error and running on Vista. H-E-L-P (please!)

Hi Caricature

Have pm'd you a link - if it dosnt help or its not what yr looking for post back & we'll take it from there

Fi

[Post New]by MomsTheBoss on Oct 13, 09 8:26 PM
I guess we're all in the same boat... Can't get in. I have a new laptop, downloaded the game, played the first time with no problems and then the Director Error came up and I haven't been able to run it since. My desktop is XP, but lap is Vista. Help!!! I love this game. Have been playing it for over three years.

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Oct 14, 09 3:21 AM
MomsTheBoss wrote:I guess we're all in the same boat... Can't get in. I have a new laptop, downloaded the game, played the first time with no problems and then the Director Error came up and I haven't been able to run it since. My desktop is XP, but lap is Vista. Help!!! I love this game. Have been playing it for over three years.

Will pm you the link for the error in Vista - if the link helps - once you get into the guts of yr game it would be a good idea to check the kbs on the players file - if you been playing for 3yrs you may be in need of the fix - once yr players file gets to around 500kbs the game will lock you out - the fix reduces the size of the players file but dosnt affect yr ranking in the game or yr points & enables you to get back in

If you discover the fix is what yr needing - post back & i'll send ya the link

Fi

AnnGo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by AnnGo on Oct 21, 09 3:29 PM
I just downloaded the Mahjong Towers Eternity game a couple of days ago and have played three or four games. Went to play today and am getting a message that there is an error and that I need to make sure I have the latest version.
From that point on, I get Director Errors that I can't get rid of or play the game.
I have a laptop with Vista. Help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Oct 21, 09 8:54 PM
AnnGo wrote:I just downloaded the Mahjong Towers Eternity game a couple of days ago and have played three or four games. Went to play today and am getting a message that there is an error and that I need to make sure I have the latest version.
From that point on, I get Director Errors that I can't get rid of or play the game.

Hi AnnGo

Have pm'd you a link - hope it helps

Fi

AnnGo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by AnnGo on Oct 22, 09 4:06 PM
Followed the instructions on the link and was able to play.
Unfortunately, I opened the game a few hours later and had the same problem.
Message "Make sure you have the latest edition" and then the "Director errors".
This started right after my husband started the game as a new player.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Ann

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Oct 22, 09 5:00 PM
Hi Ann
Do both you & hubby have yr own user accounts in Vista? If so he may need to repeat the instructions in the link in his account - dont know how game installs work as far as 2 seperate accounts go but at a guess 1 install gets used by both - if yas dont have seperate accounts recheck the instructions in the link on yr puter to make sure all the settings are as they should be to run the game - it could be that Vista defaults the settings with seperate uses or after shut down - dont know how Vista works to experiment with it - we have xp but we all use the same account - but from what im hearing about Vista - anythings possible

AnnGo wrote:Followed the instructions on the link and was able to play.
Ann

[Post New]by ljamabile on Oct 23, 09 11:53 AM
AnnGo wrote:I just downloaded the Mahjong Towers Eternity game a couple of days ago and have played three or four games. Went to play today and am getting a message that there is an error and that I need to make sure I have the latest version.

I am also getting these errors. Can you send me the fix? I uninstalled and reinstalled last night, but I still can't open the game.

AnnGo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by AnnGo on Oct 23, 09 12:57 PM
Spazzazz wrote:Hi Ann
Do both you & hubby have yr own user accounts in Vista? If so he may need to repeat the instructions in the link in his account - dont know how game installs work as far as 2 seperate accounts go but at a guess 1 install gets used by both - if yas dont have seperate accounts recheck the instructions in the link on yr puter to make sure all the settings are as they should be to run the game - it could be that Vista defaults the settings with seperate uses or after shut down - dont know how Vista works to experiment with it - we have xp but we all use the same account - but from what im hearing about Vista - anythings possible

AnnGo wrote:Followed the instructions on the link and was able to play.
Ann

Go to: