can't find the ant

tarbarme
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

can't find the ant

[Post New]by tarbarme on Sep 17, 09 4:18 AM
Its an ok game to me. I'm already stuck on trying to find an ant to take its picture. The zoom lens on the camera is blurry at best and can't see that ant. The hint radar thing gives a general area and I still can't find it. Sorries if this is in the wrong area of the forum for this.
Thanks.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

Re:can't find the ant

[Post New]by govegril on Sep 17, 09 4:45 AM
From memory the ant is towards bottom of screen over to the right.
Sorry cannot be more specific.

tarbarme
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by tarbarme on Sep 17, 09 8:05 AM
well I finally found the ant he was close to the fire pit. Thanks for the tip it made it easier to find him.

[Post New]by Chilover on Sep 17, 09 11:24 AM
The ant is close to the fire pit but the camera won't drop far enough to snap the picture! What now?

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Sep 17, 09 11:26 AM
There were a couple of pictures where I had to move 1/2 the camera off the edge of the frame to get the picture.

[Post New]by Chilover on Sep 17, 09 5:03 PM
The camera viewfinder goes away when it is lowered to where the ant is located. It won't take a picture!!

faces6
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by faces6 on Sep 17, 09 8:57 PM
i find the ant either ,,i mean i found it ,but cant shoot the picture,the camera wont snap,now what i do

[Post New]by lamar73 on Sep 18, 09 7:24 AM
Found the ant (I think) but since the camera now zooms the entire square has turned a pale blue, only the bottom right hand corner is visible. Have tried to exit and then come back on. The blue left once but camera would not let me take the picture. Logged back on this morning and it is blue again. HELP.

[Post New]by rcbolle on Sep 18, 09 6:57 PM
SAME THING. I CAN'T FIND THE ANT. THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN THE VIEWFINDER ON THE CAMERA TURNS PALE BLUE.IT WON'T LET YOU SNAP A PIC OF ANYTHING. WHERE IS THE ANT. EVERYTIME THE RADAR SCANS, IT'S IN A DIFFERENT PLACE. IS THIS NORMAL? rcbolle@charter.net

jackinin
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by jackinin on Sep 20, 09 12:08 AM
same thing here. found the ant but cannot click it Hubbies stuck on this 1 too, very annoying .How do yu get the ANT.....

iamliesa
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by iamliesa on Sep 20, 09 10:17 AM
well...i found the ant..now the camera isn't working and like everyone else it's blue in the view finder..so has anyone figured out how we get the picture of the ant?how do we make the camera work so we can get that picture? this is really frustrating ..i like the game but this camera has got to go!!

fabd
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by fabd on Sep 20, 09 10:56 AM
Found the ant as everyelse did and as everyone else the camera won't take the picture, it has to go down to close to the bottom frame, then disappears. Like the game but can't proceed. What's with this?

[Post New]by easyloving on Sep 20, 09 1:20 PM
i had the same problem then found it and was able to click on it

fabd
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by fabd on Sep 20, 09 8:13 PM
Came back to game, still can't get camera to stay framed and take picture. Guess I will try to let Big Fish explain this to me. I will post if I find out anything from them.

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Sep 21, 09 12:47 AM
The hint for that was nowhere NEAR the firepit....I was randomly clicking on every bit of dark dirt for ages in the hint area. Couldn't find it. Clicked hint again & this time it was close enough to the firepit so that I found it almost instantly. The hints in this aren't real accurate

[Post New]by deelescault on Sep 21, 09 8:49 AM
Can't take a pic of the ant either. BIG waste of money. Just wish I had gotten this far in the free trial. Never would have purchased this game. Don't waste your time! Twenty huge thumbs down. Now that I've gotten that off my chest, does anyone know how to get around this?

[Post New]by CaLynn50 on Sep 21, 09 12:53 PM
I'm like everyone else. I found the ant but the camera won't work. Has Big Fish given anyone an answer on how to take the picture?

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Sep 21, 09 5:06 PM
I have posted a video on youtube of taking a picture of the ant in my game. Perhaps if you watch the video you will be able to see if your game is or is not working properly. On youtube search for Lost City of Z ant.

I played in Full Screen mode and I don't have a widescreen monitor. If you are playing in windowed mode you might try changing to full screen mode to see if that makes any difference.

Good luck!

fabd
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by fabd on Sep 22, 09 8:43 PM
Finally found how to photograph the ant. Picked up the camera and dragged it over the fire site, then moved down rapidly clicking my mouse as I went right over the top of the ant never stopping. It took a couple of trys before the ant ran. I constantly kept clicking the mouse. Give it a try.

[Post New]by angelofdesire on Sep 23, 09 10:27 PM
Please help. I dunno if it's my computer or not but i can't see this freaking ant let alone take a picture of it. I'm looking below the firepit. still no luck. what if i do find it how do i snap the picture.

Go to: