JDW2
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

OSX EL Capitan

[Post New]by JDW2 on Oct 6, 15 12:33 PM
All other Big Fish games work except Campaign for the Crown for me. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling both the manager and the game a few times. Game still crashes upon launch. "Royal Envoy Campaign for the Crown Collector's Edition quit unexpectedly." with Ignore, Report and Reopen buttons. Report shows:

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Re:OSX EL Capitan

[Post New]by Nosaby on Oct 11, 15 5:21 PM
I am unable to play the last 2 Witches Legacy games. Neither will open since upgrading to El Capitan. Emailed Big Fish but their solution was to offer me a coupon for a free game. Emailed back asking for a resolution instead.

JDW2
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by JDW2 on Oct 25, 15 9:21 AM
Same thing here, no fix just a "here have this". I want my fav game to work....

[Post New]by CanonicalKoi on Oct 31, 15 8:15 PM
Exact same problem here when I load it from Game Manager or from the Finder window. Game crashes, gives me the option to reopen and crashes again. And again. And...you get the idea.

Any fix coming, Big Fish?

[Post New]by roxane4850 on Nov 1, 15 9:40 AM
Same thing - as I upgrade to El Capitan I can´t play some of my games. The window says: " We could´t install your game because the drive ist unavailable. If this is an external or network drive please make sure it is connected to your computer. Error 912"

Who can give me some tipps to handle this problem?

[Post New]by brianax3 on Dec 2, 15 7:17 PM
Unable to play Slingo Quest and several other games with the same error message.

DrStu
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by DrStu on Dec 5, 15 8:12 AM
I think that Big Fish are having problems with El Capitan but won't admit it. I have three of their games which have failed.

All you get from them is "Choose something else"

Most unsatisfactory

JDW2
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by JDW2 on Dec 12, 15 3:01 PM
CanonicalKoi wrote:Exact same problem here when I load it from Game Manager or from the Finder window. Game crashes, gives me the option to reopen and crashes again. And again. And...you get the idea.

Any fix coming, Big Fish?

Highly unlikely, I am now trading emails with Playrix tech support. Unfortunately, it takes them 1-2 weeks to reply to each email I send them. I find it odd that off all the versions of Royal Envoy (original, SE, 2, 2SE, 3, 3SE) this is the ONLY version that crashes on El Capitan. If and When they find a fix, I'll post it here...

[Post New]by jelgirl2000 on Dec 25, 15 9:05 AM
Anybody get any word on this? Same issue here.

Edited on 12/25/2015 at 9:05:38 AM PST

[Post New]by Linda_lou331 on Jan 24, 16 1:46 PM
So many games are crashing. Any fixes yet?

[Post New]by CanonicalKoi on Feb 5, 16 9:18 AM
Still no joy. I'm torn between blaming Big Fish (lack of communication) and Playrix (total lack of communication). Playrix is experiencing difficulties with Township on Facebook as well. Playrix has a forum, but the only categories deal with Township and Fishdom--none of their other games are represented. They also have a presence on FB, but use it solely to make announcements, not to communicate with frustrated customers. Their only answer thus far seems to be asking people to download their debugging software and run it on their computers. Not. Happening.

I would hope that Big Fish, being one of the largest dealers in casual games, would have a big enough stick to poke Playrix and ask them to be more responsive to their customers. I would hope that. I do know that I'll not be purchasing any further games produced by Playrix until they get their act together and become more responsive.

[Post New]by rkessie on Mar 22, 16 3:30 PM
I am having the same problem with Royal Envoy, Campaign for the Crown. It happens to be my favorite game. I have written Playrix a number of times, and all I get is a that are checking it, and then write again to tell me my request has been taken care of and closed. Hasn't worked since I downloaded El Capitan. I also installed it with Playrix directly and it still won't work!

Go to: