shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files:Escape from Ravenhearst Collector's Edition technical issues he

[Post New]by shorenuf on Apr 30, 12 8:28 PM
Pangaeus wrote:In the lighthouse, the four-square reads EEEE instead of 0000. I wouldn't have known I needed to get one of the puzzles to the zeros without looking at the strategy guide.

That is actually a puzzle with random answers. First time I had 7's (location spoiler)carved in the table, second time 4's. (No, I did not play the whole game twice -- just far enough to replay something I was curious about. (The SG did not work in my game.)

rscb
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files:Escape from Ravenhearst Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by rscb on May 1, 12 8:56 PM
I finally got this game to run with the help of Michael at Tech Support.

This is for those of you MAC users that lose the cursor or the game just crashes without opening.

I don't like the cluttered look in the Application Folder so I
put all my games into a sub-folder within the App. Folder.
For some reason, this game didn't like that move,
and wouldn't run as it should.

After sending tech support a Dr. Felix Report and a pic. of just when and where I lose the cursor, Michael said he and the other techs agreed that the sub-folder could be the problem.

End result, when I downloaded the game just into the App. Folder itself, the game runs beautifully....

Hope this helps.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files:Escape from Ravenhearst Collector's Edition technical issues h

[Post New]by shorenuf on May 1, 12 11:00 PM
rscb wrote:I finally got this game to run with the help of Michael at Tech Support.

This is for those of you MAC users that lose the cursor or the game just crashes without opening.

I don't like the cluttered look in the Application Folder so I
put all my games into a sub-folder within the App. Folder.
For some reason, this game didn't like that move,
and wouldn't run as it should.

After sending tech support a Dr. Felix Report and a pic. of just when and where I lose the cursor, Michael said he and the other techs agreed that the sub-folder could be the problem.

End result, when I downloaded the game just into the App. Folder itself, the game runs beautifully....

Hope this helps.

Well, well, well -- Michael is a Genius. I also use sub folders. Simply dragged the game out of there and into the root level of the Applications folder, and voila -- i can go through the tabs and the pages of the Strategy Guide!!!!!!!

That (playing from a sub folder or from the desktop) has been an issue with just a few other games -- one I remember is Heartwild Solitaire. Sub folder location kept game from playing. There was actually a fix provided by the developer after direct contact with them.

This issue should really be corrected by BFG, but at least there is a reasonable work around.

Thank you, thank you, thank you rscb for this post!

Edited on 05/01/2012 at 11:04:24 PM PST

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files:Escape from Ravenhearst Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by SConn23 on May 3, 12 7:56 PM
I have a Mac and spent $15 dollars on the new Mystery Case Files CE... which I was very excited about.... Right when I click play in the game manager the game never starts and I get an error message saying that the game has crashed... All of my hardware is up to date and my computer has plenty of room and a great graphics card... Is there anyway for me to actually be able to play?!?!

rscb
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files:Escape from Ravenhearst Collector's Edition technical issues h

[Post New]by rscb on May 4, 12 5:35 PM
SConn23 wrote:I have a Mac and spent $15 dollars on the new Mystery Case Files CE... which I was very excited about.... Right when I click play in the game manager the game never starts and I get an error message saying that the game has crashed... All of my hardware is up to date and my computer has plenty of room and a great graphics card... Is there anyway for me to actually be able to play?!?!

Check out the post by RSCB two posts above..

rscb

Edited on 05/04/2012 at 5:38:32 PM PST

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on May 9, 12 6:01 AM
SConn23, I can also recommend to get in touch with the folks over at Tech Support if you're not comfortable making these adjustments on your own, they can give you some personalized help and answer any questions you may have.

bfgRhone

[Post New]by squealy21 on May 30, 12 8:13 PM
I have solved the baby wire puzzle several times and can not take the baby. The screen immediately zooms out and then I click back on the baby and the puzzle is reset?? seems technical to me.

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files:Escape from Ravenhearst Collector's Edition technical issues he

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on May 31, 12 4:43 AM
squealy21 wrote:I have solved the baby wire puzzle several times and can not take the baby. The screen immediately zooms out and then I click back on the baby and the puzzle is reset?? seems technical to me.
That could mean you didn't actually cut the blue wire but accidentally hit the edge of the window, making it close (which is very easy to do). Try to cut a little bit further to the left when you cut the blue wire - hit it with the middle of the cutters rather than the end.

[Post New]by SF_BAY_GAL on Aug 7, 12 3:52 PM
The game has been running fine for me on Win7 and a souped up computer. I had completed the sequence where I freed the gals from the island and was back at the mansion, solving the planetary orbit puzzle, when I shut down for the day.

Today, I am trying to resume the game but it doesn't work. When it uploads, I get the normal screen with the "START" option. When I click "START," I get bounced to one of the Journal pages rather than resuming the planets puzzle I was on. If I click any of the buttons that ordinarily would let me go back into the game environment from the Journal, it dumps me back on the opening page where the "START" and "OPTIONS" selections are. Endless cycle. Many tries. Zilch.

Not sure what is happening. Any ideas?

[Post New]by daffmeister on Oct 23, 12 10:16 PM
Got all the way to the violinist on the Island can't use the pickaxe on the stone pile can't zoom in on the stone pile. Help!

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Oct 24, 12 2:00 PM
daffmeister wrote:Got all the way to the violinist on the Island can't use the pickaxe on the stone pile can't zoom in on the stone pile. Help!
That means you haven't found the picture that shows the location (or if you did find it you didn't click on it). Go back to the office in the asylum and pull the candlestick on the mantelpiece.

[Post New]by DingBing on Nov 17, 12 11:51 AM
I have found all of the Polaroid images of where to find the crank handles to the music boxes. Unfortunately, I am not able to click anywhere near the rubble pile near the boat to collect the red crank handle.

I've gone back to the mannequin that has the red crank handle photo to see if clicking a second, and third time, would work. Alas... I'm stuck.

Please assist!

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Nov 17, 12 12:21 PM
Hey Fishies,

I'd definitely encourage you to reach out to our Tech Support to let them know about those issues. While troubleshooting is a little limited here, they have the tools help figure out what may be happening in the game and will work with you directly to get that figured out!

If you decide to contact Tech Support, it would be really helpful for them if you'd run and attach a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report, as this will help us isolate the issue.

Hope this helps!

bfgIzara

[Post New]by 1marylou on Nov 18, 12 5:31 PM
In the security room of the asylum, I pulled the candlestick on the mantle and made the bookshelf go away before I got the key to the file cabinet. How can I get the bookcase back?

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files:Escape from Ravenhearst Collector's Edition technical issues

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Nov 18, 12 5:37 PM
DingBing wrote:I have found all of the Polaroid images of where to find the crank handles to the music boxes. Unfortunately, I am not able to click anywhere near the rubble pile near the boat to collect the red crank handle.

I've gone back to the mannequin that has the red crank handle photo to see if clicking a second, and third time, would work. Alas... I'm stuck.

Please assist!
You appear to be clicking on the mannequin rather than on the photo. Once you've clicked on the photo, you should be able to use the pick-axe on the rubble.

Edited on 11/18/2012 at 5:39:58 PM PST

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Nov 18, 12 9:16 PM
1marylou wrote:In the security room of the asylum, I pulled the candlestick on the mantle and made the bookshelf go away before I got the key to the file cabinet. How can I get the bookcase back?
You don't need to. The bookcase with the key to the filing cabinet is in the adjacent room.

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files:Escape from Ravenhearst Collector's Edition technical issues

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Nov 18, 12 9:19 PM
Mr_Russ wrote:
DingBing wrote:I have found all of the Polaroid images of where to find the crank handles to the music boxes. Unfortunately, I am not able to click anywhere near the rubble pile near the boat to collect the red crank handle.

Please assist!
You appear to be clicking on the mannequin rather than on the photo. Once you've clicked on the photo, you should be able to use the pick-axe on the rubble.
Also, the red handle is in the hospital bed, not the rubble. The yellow one is in the rubble.

The mannequin on the bench in the snow has the polaroid of the bed for the red handle.

The mannequin behind the window in the office has the polaroid of the rubble for the yellow handle.

BigTfromAV
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by BigTfromAV on Nov 21, 12 1:23 PM
The whole game appears to be in 3D. The reds and greens are separated as if it were a 3D movie and I wasn't wearing the glasses. Is there something I'm missing? Never had a problem remotely like this before. What's up?

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Nov 21, 12 2:39 PM
Hi BigTfromAV,

This game does have pretty intense visual features, but we aren't to the 3D stage yet!

First, it might help to check for updates to your video card, graphics drivers and the programs that handle that aspect of the game. We go over how to do that in our help article here.

If you try that and are still having trouble, it's definitely best to get in touch with our Tech Support Team. They have the tools to see how the game is running on your particular system and can work with you directly on some more specific troubleshooting from there.

You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by tonguetied on Nov 26, 12 9:25 PM
Hey. I can't unlock the carnival wagon. I may have did something that triggered the bug. I have the clue in the mirror, but I can't still unlock it. What should I do?

Go to: