Re:Group play for RtMI started March 3rd, anyone can join in, we welcome more players!

[Post New]by alvertis5706 on Mar 14, 12 3:05 AM
Does anyone know the time frame for RTMI ?? How long was Mina on that island?
It didn't seem too long, but she got a lot of stuff accomplished!
I'd also like to say that I got a pathetic 263 pts; then played again and managed to get up to 325 pts; I felt like I was playing a different game the 2nd time around, things were happening in way different sequence just because I went back and found things I had overlooked.

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

Re:Group play for RtMI started March 3rd, anyone can join in, we welcome more players!

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Mar 14, 12 3:43 AM
@Dialogue You are welcome to join in on the ND game, but I don't know if you like it. Maybe it just needs a little bit of getting used to it, I don't know. What ND game did you try?

Welcome to the Pond, Kapellan5!
You are very welcome in our group we are a bunch of very lovely and helpfull fishies, so ask all you want to know and we try and help out. I've listed you playing on page 1 and I am looking forward to your questions about RtMI
You also might wanna check out this thread: http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/200019.page ,
that's the place where we hang out and where we make plans for other group plays.

@marie **you don't have to answer the questions, you can also play the piano. But you have to figure out how to open it first. Either the piano or the correct answers to the questions will satisfy the bot. Again, you have a choice here. **

@alvertis My fist score was about the same as yours. But doing another round of the game, sort of was like playing a completely different game and I had even more fun the second time As for the timeframe, I've only seen Mina sleep one time, boy, that girl gets a lot done in one day.

Edited on 03/14/2012 at 5:47:32 AM PST

hazelize
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by hazelize on Mar 14, 12 9:10 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm just popping in to see what's going on. It's nice to see there's still a lot of activity here.

Congratulations to all finishers and morphers! (Catfish_girl, can you please update me on page 1? I finished on March 5. Thanks!)

I haven't yet gone back to the island but it will be interesting to see how different a second round will be. I'm not a good note keeper, though, so poor Mina will have to struggle a bit because of all I've surely forgotten. (I never did figure out how to make nitroglycerin. Would it be possible to dip an arrow tip in nitroglycerin to blow up the droids? Just wondering.)

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone in Transylvania!

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Mar 14, 12 10:05 AM
@hazelize updated the list right away. Did I really miss you finishing?
happy belated congrats on finishing, hazelize!

If you are interested, we are starting an in between group play of a Nancy Drew game this weekend, before starting Drac Origen early April.
You can read all about it in our hang out thread.

ETA You can't use the nitroglycerin the way you suggest, but you ** can make dynamite with it.** How do you think that'll work on the bots?

Edited on 03/14/2012 at 10:19:00 AM PST

popla27
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,078 Posts

[Post New]by popla27 on Mar 14, 12 11:04 AM
Just thought I would pop in and say I am going to start my game of RTMI again at the weekend. I will of course still be joining in on ND, love those games!

Welcome to the pond kapellan5!
It's great that you have found us and we would love you to join our group. Don't be shy about asking any questions you may have, we are a very friendly and helpful bunch. Hope you enjoy the group and the game as much as we all enjoy it here.

marie1931
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
23,099 Posts

[Post New]by marie1931 on Mar 14, 12 11:19 AM
Thanks Catfish. But it would be great if I could ** answer the questions, and play the piano **
Is that possible ?

Alvertis, that's what I've tried to do this morning ...** looking around ..... and didn't see anything ..... maybe because I had to go to work. I'll try again **

Edited on 03/14/2012 at 11:23:04 AM PST

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Mar 14, 12 11:25 AM
@marie That's not possible in the same game. But you could start a new one, once you are done with this one and then you can do a whole lot of things differently or do different things. That's one of the things that makes this game so much fun.

@popla good luck with your second attempt at the 360 of RtMI. I had to take a brake from Glowfish, cause all the swirling movements you have to make the fishies do left me with a lasting spinning vertigo.

hazelize
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by hazelize on Mar 14, 12 11:41 AM
Thanks for updating page 1, CfG, and for letting me know about Nancy Drew. I forgot about the hangout thread ( ) but will jump over there now.

marie1931
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
23,099 Posts

[Post New]by marie1931 on Mar 14, 12 11:43 AM
Too bad
So I have to choose

Guess I'll choose ** the riddles because I've always accepted to answer the robot questions, so maybe it's too late now .... **

Which ND will you start next saturday ?

Edited on 03/14/2012 at 11:46:49 AM PST

hazelize
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by hazelize on Mar 14, 12 12:02 PM
I don't think it's too late to play the piano, marie. If you leave the room and come back in, or tell the droid you'll answer later, I think you can still have the option to solve the piano riddle.

(Edited to white out response.)

Edited on 03/14/2012 at 12:05:19 PM PST

[Post New]by alvertis5706 on Mar 14, 12 1:40 PM
Isn't it that you get the 7 points for either the riddles or the piano, so there's no need to do both. Finishing one of them gets you the same end result. I HAD to do the riddles, because I have absolutely no musical ability. You can switch to the other one, as in Hazelize's post.

marie1931
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
23,099 Posts

[Post New]by marie1931 on Mar 14, 12 10:21 PM
Thanks very much hazelize and alvertis

jboliver1999
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jboliver1999 on Mar 15, 12 1:47 AM
You have to choose between answering the questions or playing the piano. You only get points for playing the piano. I'm not sure about changing what you picked but you could try clicking on the robot again and see if he gives you a choice.

Tailteann
Clownfish
Clownfish
584 Posts

[Post New]by Tailteann on Mar 15, 12 7:11 AM
I finished with a score of 328. I chose the music and I know I messed up with a few keys but the robot said it was great anyway. I say he has a tin ear! I replayed the final scene choosing the questions and LOLed at the robot trying to sound poetical. I ended up with a score of 318 that way. I will definitely be playing this game again sometime and am looking forward to playing the sequel after Dracula Origins.

Thanks everyone for your help. I was a quiet this thread and absent from playing for much of the time, but I was picking up clues here and there on the sly when I got back to it. I was surprised how much I could do with once I got into the flow of collecting and combining the inventory items, so stumps on this one were few and far between.

Great game, have fun everyone still playing and congrats to all who finished!

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Mar 15, 12 7:34 AM
Congrats on finishing, Tailteann!

I know I will love/like Dracula Origen once I've started it, but right now I am really looking forward to RtMI 2.

Edited on 03/15/2012 at 8:25:23 AM PST

Tailteann
Clownfish
Clownfish
584 Posts

[Post New]by Tailteann on Mar 15, 12 10:52 AM
Thanks for the congrats CfG, I kind of feel the same way. If I love a game, I get so immersed in that world that I want more...and now, etc.! I'm not going to download RTMI2 yet, so I'm not tempted. Actually, I have to buy it first!

I suspect Dracula Origins is going to be great fun, and hopefully creepy/scary too, a la Scratches!

marie1931
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
23,099 Posts

[Post New]by marie1931 on Mar 15, 12 12:54 PM
I've finished the game
Unfortunately, I got only 293 points. I guess that's a good score for my first adventure game
** loved the robot riddles. Was 3 times before answering correctly **

** next time, I'll play the piano **

Thanks a lot for helping me, it was really fun

What's next ? Nancy Drew? Dracule ?

Edited on 03/15/2012 at 12:55:05 PM PST

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Mar 15, 12 12:56 PM
Nancy Drew: Legend of the Crystal Skull on Saturday.

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on Mar 15, 12 2:52 PM
Catfish_girl,

I played Danger on Deception Island. As I said, I tried to play it many years ago and couldn't finish it. I wasn't too thrilled with the story either. It was a little boring. Maybe that's why I never finished it. Anyway, I'll see which one the group decides to play. Then I'll find a demo for it and try it out. If the game appeals to me, I'll play. Other wise, I'll sit this one out.

Oops! Didn't see Mr. Russ' post. I look for the Crystal Skull demo now.

Edited on 03/15/2012 at 2:55:21 PM PST

marie1931
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
23,099 Posts

[Post New]by marie1931 on Mar 15, 12 3:04 PM
Mr_Russ wrote:Nancy Drew: Legend of the Crystal Skull on Saturday.

Great !!! I've bought it and didn't play it yet

Just finished RTMI so I will be able to start with you, after my watercolors class

Go to: