Re Technical Issues error 208

[Post New]by acecyberwitch on Mar 22, 14 10:24 AM
i had played game already when i went to play again games app said game needed to be activated i loged in to the message game could not be found i have tried logging in and out with no luck i have tried loging in with my old email but this is not reconised i cant understand why it worked this moring and not now or why dark mannor and my other games are fine i have tried all the sugestions with no luck i hope i dont loose my purchases if i have to re download.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Mar 22, 14 2:30 PM
Hi All,

Thanks for letting us know about those connection issues you've been experiencing.

We are currently having that problem looked into and we will post here in the forums as soon as we have more information about it.

If you would like to troubleshoot, please contact our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report using the blue link below:

Contact Us

Thank you.

bfgWendwater

JoanJ53
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
424 Posts

[Post New]by JoanJ53 on Mar 22, 14 7:08 PM
To the Moderators,

Are you real people? I have come to believe you're just a computer-generated response program. All the responses are the same. No real help is ever given.

Edited on 03/22/2014 at 7:09:01 PM PST

[Post New]by llaurelwreath on Mar 22, 14 7:36 PM
Today I encountered my first issues with the Social database of the game.

I have a new friend but cannot seet her wish list although her identity show on my friend's list and she has scores in the HOS scene summaries. I can't gift her is I can't see her wishlist! Please advise what I can do to fix this issue.

I also encountered a heartbreaking problem with a gift from another friend. I was gifted a manticore egg but when I went to open the gift it diappearred and I can't find it in my inventory. The gift box never opened it just disappearred when I clicked on it.

I would consider it good customer service for BFG to give me an egg to replace the gift that disappeared. My ID code is 164047.

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Mar 22, 14 8:06 PM
I am having a gifting problem today in two of my games.

I send the gift, my total help people reduces but I do not get the postcard.
One of the people concerned was hard to find to gift.

[Post New]by spongyball on Mar 23, 14 9:42 AM
I also am not getting gifts, nor can I see my wish list. There is also an error message about No connection. This all happened after the last update.

cabogal
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by cabogal on Mar 23, 14 12:20 PM
Since the last 2 updates I am unable to see many of my friends' wish lists. This is a serious problem and over 1/3 of my regular gift exchangers wish lists are not showing up anymore. I first noticed it when I received 3 gifts one day and couldn't find any of their wish lists. This continued happening for days with other friends as well. I can't send them gifts without their wishlists and I have no way of contacting them since this system doesn't have chat.The missing wishlists appears to be a wide spread problem. I suspect many people haven't noticed it because they have too many friends. I'm losing friends daily based on the steady drop in gifts. It won't be long before I get none. I'm sure that not only can't I see some of their wishlists but I bet many of them can't see mine so they don't think I need anything.

I think you could improve things by making these changes too:
1. We need to be able to delete players since people play for a while and then quit and are never heard from again.
2. We need a way to distinguish between active and inactive players. Players join and are so gung ho and play daily and exchange gifts and then suddenly one day you realize you haven't exchanged gifts for a month or more, they have the same wish list they had 3 months ago and it doesn't look like they are advancing levels. So perhaps you could color code names of people who haven't logged on during the last 7-14 days, another color for 15-28 days, and another color for 29 days or more. This would help us because we don't want to waste our gifts on people who aren't playin or Just John Either this or if a player doesn't open the gift within 2 weeks it should be returned to sender and we should be able to gift it to someone else above and beyond our 5 limit per day.

I also would like a way to communicate with friends - not chat though. I hate chat in games. I'd like to be able to poke a friend to say join me on the forum when you finish playing - I'm so and so but my name on the forum is so and so, Maybe it could be a simple send message and they could check messages and find it but we wouldn't be able to chat online. This would help when we have issues like the wish lists that they are unaware of. Right now they think I am not sending them gift because I'm being rude.

JoanJ53
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
424 Posts

[Post New]by JoanJ53 on Mar 23, 14 1:40 PM
I'm still stuck on Level 21.

My progress meter hasn't advanced in three days of intense game play.

I've completed 454 Quests.

I've completed 2707+ HO Scenes.

Skull Pete has 7 of 12 Quests completed.

Is this normal? Is anyone else suffering these symptoms?

SHUCKS!

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

[Post New]by govols2 on Mar 23, 14 2:08 PM
When I go to a scene the list is blank. I see the entire screen and the items I would search for but no list. Have to ctrl alt del to get out of the game.

chris_2_4
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by chris_2_4 on Mar 23, 14 2:48 PM
ok; so I had the problem of it not loading after getting to the level 18 thing; and I was advised by the tech team to uninstall, delete everything in apps.roaming, local etc - essentially all the files associated with MC. Did all that and didn't work. Offered a coupon (big deal! This is the only game I want), And told to wait for the update. It arrived a couple of days ago. Great! Installed, opened MC and it went past the places it used to crash, and then.. A message "there is a problem with your save - blah blah - this may take a few days to fix" A few days later, and it is still the same message. Is the problem that I deleted this file at the tech support's direction and now the game if stuffed? This has all been an absolute pain in the apps.

[Post New]by MillyW on Mar 23, 14 3:45 PM
This is first time I have ever had this problem. It will not go past the Big Fish screen when loading. If it does go to the Elephant Games screen it flips right back to the big Fish screen. I have uninstalled and re-installed to no avail. Not sure where to go from here.

Edited on 03/23/2014 at 3:45:39 PM PST

[Post New]by Haru272 on Mar 23, 14 10:01 PM
I reached level 10 through this computer
And I want to play it on another computer
If I played the game on another computer, will my progress start from the beginning?

Sweetypuss
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by Sweetypuss on Mar 23, 14 10:51 PM
Hi Big Fish, this is the second day that I've given gifts to friends (10 in total) but I've only received 4 post cards. I wouldn't care if I wasn't trying to craft a piggy and tiger - but, alas, I am trying to get enough post cards to do just that.

Pretty much everything else is working with minimal glitches - if I click to fast on flowers then I don't get either credit or the money. Still, I really need those post cards.

Thank you.

MrsPuzzler
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by MrsPuzzler on Mar 24, 14 8:20 AM
Once again I am getting a blank screen with no inventory and then I have to restart my computer. This is becoming a pain as it is happening on a daily basis.

memagirl
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by memagirl on Mar 24, 14 9:15 AM
when hos comes on the pitcure comes up but no bar for objects to collect . also game shows that I have helped 82 friends but only got 57 thanks you cards. please fix this

tazruby2000
Flounder
Flounder
2,399 Posts

[Post New]by tazruby2000 on Mar 24, 14 9:26 AM
I entered the top scene in the Dungeon of the Cursed, nothing was there except the empty board. All of the hidden objects were gone, the timer and the list. I had to shut down the game by the task manager. I had this problem also with the overturned carriage scene.

mnkygrl23
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by mnkygrl23 on Mar 24, 14 10:16 AM
Is anyone else having trouble with items disappearing out of their inventory? I had a valuable trophy and a polestar in my inventory an hour ago and now they are not there. Yesterday it was a golden watermark. This is very, very frustrating since so many quest items require multiple objects from the same HO scene and they can take hours to acquire.

kimy444
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by kimy444 on Mar 24, 14 1:00 PM
Yes, I am having the same problem as mnkygrl23. It's been going on for three days now; I get the item I need, but then it just disappears. I have also had diamonds disappear. I have not advanced at all since this problem started. As examples, three times I have acquired the 'Bouquet of Fear and Dust' and the 'Amulet of Challenge', only to have them disappear right away. It's really lousy because both are very difficult and very expensive to get. I am not happy.

I think this must be the fifth time I've contacted BFGs to complain about this particular game. It's been one issue after another. I love this game and was so happy to get back in after having been frozen out for three weeks; other games like this just don't compare. If MC is ever up and running properly I will highly recommend it to other gamers. But, until that time, if anyone asks me, I'll tell them to steer clear of BFGs all together. MC is not the only game I have had costly problems with lately. Come on Tech's, don't offer a game until you know it is problem free.

cabogal
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by cabogal on Mar 24, 14 4:22 PM
kimy444 wrote:Yes, I am having the same problem as mnkygrl23. It's been going on for three days now; I get the item I need, but then it just disappears. I have also had diamonds disappear. I have not advanced at all since this problem started. As examples, three times I have acquired the 'Bouquet of Fear and Dust' and the 'Amulet of Challenge', only to have them disappear right away. It's really lousy because both are very difficult and very expensive to get. I am not happy.

Kimy444,
You must be on level 19, 20, or 21. You need the Bouquet of Fear and Dust and the Amulet of Challenge multiple times to complete these levels. I thought the very same thing when crafted a Bouquet of Fear and Dust on level 20 and checked my inventory a minute later and couldn't find it. I remembered having to craft it several times on level 19 so I continued playing and finally finished the level. These levels are so confusing because you need to craft many of the same items for the Bow Figurine, Six-Paw, Pirate Standard, Bag, etc. Even though it's not always clear to us they are getting credited towards completion of the challenge. It may help you to make a list of what objects need to be crafted and what items are required to complete them and then you will see the redundancy.

Edited 3/30 Kimy444, I am now on level 21 and have had 3 Bouquet of Fear and Dusts disappear, one right after another just yesterday. Then I crafted the 4th one today and it showed up in my inventory. 30 minutes later it was gone and I hadn't crafted anything and the quest keeps sending me back to the cauldron. This is definitely a glitch.

Edited on 03/31/2014 at 12:33:17 AM PST

[Post New]by meme1963 on Mar 24, 14 10:26 PM
I still can't get in the game. I reached level 19 and then it locked me out. I have done all the updates but it still tells me the same message. It is frustrating. I have uninstalled and re-installed but still nothing.

Go to: