[Post New]by Vultraz on Nov 21, 12 10:02 AM
Post to make my last post appear.

weissvonnix
Marlin
Marlin
8,067 Posts

Re:MCF 2012... Picman's official clues and intrigue

[Post New]by weissvonnix on Nov 21, 12 10:15 AM
Wrote my review, if you can call it one. l think, it´s more a roasting..
But l´m quite unhappy with this MCF.

So be warned, if you´re going to read it. lt isn´t nice..

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Nov 21, 12 10:53 AM
Vultraz wrote:
Mr_Russ wrote:
Vultraz wrote:But you did say yours worked on 1600x900, which is what my monitor is, so I dunno
Yours should work as well with HD ticked, Vultraz.

ETA Is that your monitor's maximum resolution?

HD was ticked, still black bars, and yes, that's the max res.
Is that what you're playing at?

MJ_Mystery
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by MJ_Mystery on Nov 21, 12 10:59 AM
Personally I feel like crying right now guys. I saw someone's review that said "RIP MCF" and it got me really upset. Now I can understand if some people are disappointed about this MCF game like weissvonix (I for one am not) but this review really hits a nerve for me. It is like someone is saying that MCF is dead because of Shadow Lake or they think it should be dead and that is what upsets me. Big Fish games is trying their best to make each MCF game different with a new thing (i.e. Morphing Objects, interacting with the characters, ect.) in each one. I am grateful for all the hard work they do and right now I am very upset about that one review. (Sob, sob)

weissvonnix
Marlin
Marlin
8,067 Posts

[Post New]by weissvonnix on Nov 21, 12 11:17 AM
Did you read mine MJ? l didn´t say it and l appreciate the work of the devs, but not what came out this time.
Don´t cry, MJ (((Hugs)))
l did like every MCF yet, some more, some a bit less. l didn´t like 13th Skull so much, but that´s only because of the theme.
l tried to describe how this game felt for me and gave reasons for that. lf the devs will read it, l hope they can use it for the next one.
lt wouldn´t make sense, if those like me, who dislike it would be quiet and leave the review thread to those who like it. This way nothing could be changed to the better.
But it should be constructive, indeed!

lyrialice
Elephantfish
Elephantfish
55,156 Posts

[Post New]by lyrialice on Nov 21, 12 11:20 AM
Hi MJ_Mystery

Remember the old adage

You can please some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time but you can't please all of the people all of the time

So don't feel bad.

MJ_Mystery
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by MJ_Mystery on Nov 21, 12 11:20 AM
weissvonnix wrote:Did you read mine MJ? l didn´t say it and l appreciate the work of the devs, but not what came out this time.
Don´t cry, MJ (((Hugs)))
l did like every MCF yet, some more, some a bit less. l didn´t like 13th Skull so much, but that´s only because of the theme.
l tried to describe how this game felt for me and gave reasons for that. lf the devs will read it, l hope they can use it for the next one.
lt wouldn´t make sense, if those like me, who dislike it would be quiet and leave the review thread to those who like it. This way nothing could be changed to the better.
But it should be constructive, indeed!

I know that, I'm just saying that the one that says that "MFC" is dead is the one that upset me. In my post above I said that I understand that there are those who do not necessarily like the game and have a right to say that so that the next one can be better. It is just the thought of someone saying that "MFC" is dead or should be dead upset me. (sniffle) Thanks for the hug.

MJ_Mystery
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by MJ_Mystery on Nov 21, 12 11:23 AM
lyrialice wrote:Hi MJ_Mystery

Remember the old adage

You can please some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time but you can't please all of the people all of the time

So don't feel bad.

Thanks I'll try. It's just that the though that someone wants/thinks that "MCF" is dead is what upsets me. After all they are such great games, some better than others in the opinion of others. Another thing that upset me is that the review didn't seem to me as constructive criticism.

atsfgal
Minnow
Minnow
223 Posts

[Post New]by atsfgal on Nov 21, 12 11:30 AM
MJ_Mystery wrote:Personally I feel like crying right now guys. I saw someone's review that said "RIP MCF" and it got me really upset. Now I can understand if some people are disappointed about this MCF game like weissvonix (I for one am not) but this review really hits a nerve for me. It is like someone is saying that MCF is dead because of Shadow Lake or they think it should be dead and that is what upsets me. Big Fish games is trying their best to make each MCF game different with a new thing (i.e. Morphing Objects, interacting with the characters, ect.) in each one. I am grateful for all the hard work they do and right now I am very upset about that one review. (Sob, sob)

Thank you MJ. I could have written your post. I just don't know what will make everyone happy. I am totally enjoying the game and know it's one that will be played often. I am also thankful for all the above and beyond that Big Fish has done for us. Happy Thanksgiving to all.

weissvonnix
Marlin
Marlin
8,067 Posts

[Post New]by weissvonnix on Nov 21, 12 12:39 PM
Seriously, no matter if someone likes the game or not, there are things missing.

Did you all remember the FB pics? There was one with the color palette and three little pics.
So, where in the game is this street with the cars parking on the left side?
Where is the pic with the path, the trees and the shadow, we speculated so much about? And where are those colorful pics we saw there?
lf there wouldn´t be a few pics to recognize, l would say it looks like the FB pics and the game aren´t related at all. The FB pics (l know it´s only artwork) were promising, the game we got is pale. That too is a reason why l don´t like it.

Sometimes it would be nice to get some answers from the devs, why they changed something.
Maybe our moddies can forward that?

Edited on 11/21/2012 at 12:41:24 PM PST

purplealikat
Herring
Herring
395 Posts

[Post New]by purplealikat on Nov 21, 12 12:40 PM
MJ- HUGS! I really like the game too!

Weiss-I'm sorry it's not what you hoped it would be. I'm glad you gave constructive criticism...there is too much nastiness in this world. Without constructive criticism, they can't make improvements.

Rats....wish I'd known you could go back and look for the MO....I got about 40% of them...shucky darns....I'll just have to play it again?

MJ_Mystery
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by MJ_Mystery on Nov 21, 12 1:17 PM
purplealikat wrote:MJ- HUGS! I really like the game too!

Weiss-I'm sorry it's not what you hoped it would be. I'm glad you gave constructive criticism...there is too much nastiness in this world. Without constructive criticism, they can't make improvements.

Rats....wish I'd known you could go back and look for the MO....I got about 40% of them...shucky darns....I'll just have to play it again?

Thanks for the hug. Also agree that Weiss constructive criticism review was good and that there is too much nastiness in the world...and game reviews.

weissvonnix
Marlin
Marlin
8,067 Posts

[Post New]by weissvonnix on Nov 21, 12 1:47 PM
Thanks.
You know, it still costs me a ridiculous long time to write those.
That why l rather refuse it. But a MCF is worth a bit effort, even if it´s a "not so good" one..

You know, l thought it would be nice, if the devs would ask us for ideas. Collecting them in a thread and then getting their ideas to develop it.
Giving us a raw shape into the direction and let us spin for a while, two or three weeks or so.

And then we would have a whole different speculating thread next year.
That would be great!

- dream off -

Edited on 11/21/2012 at 1:48:20 PM PST

bella_01
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,674 Posts

[Post New]by bella_01 on Nov 21, 12 2:17 PM
Plotbunny wrote:
bella_01 wrote:Hondo,

Did we save Picman?????

Did anyone answer Hondo's last clue???

Yes, is Picman okay? Was he vacationing at Shadow Lake?

I think Hondo's last clue was answered as the musical theme for Shaow Lake. I forget who answered that however ( sorry to that person )

Thanks Plotbunny!!

megs33
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by megs33 on Nov 21, 12 2:22 PM
dogmama wrote:Momo~\Could someone PLEASE tell me this: Can you actually finish the game but still go back and look for MOs after without starting all over? TIA!

Yes you can. I finished the game and then went back and found the MOs.

megs33
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by megs33 on Nov 21, 12 2:33 PM
I finished the game. I have mixed reviews. Didn't like it as much as Ravenhearst, RTR, Dire Grove, and 13th Skull, but liked it much better than EFR. Wished it had more HOs, loved the MOs at the end.

dogmama
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,998 Posts

[Post New]by dogmama on Nov 21, 12 2:45 PM
For anyone who is interested in perhaps adding a happy Thanksgiving to Hondo, the devs, etc, I wrote a note (tried to be short but you know how I am <G> in Chat.

MJ_Mystery
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by MJ_Mystery on Nov 21, 12 2:47 PM
saskatil wrote:Hello to all-
Sorry, but I didn't think the game was great! I played in instalments, instead of doing my usual MCF all-nighter, because I actually got bored.
(I posted some comments, but didn't do a review)
I had already posted my mis-givings that the new directions the devs were taking, would make the game more 'mid-range' ; and that too much of the storyline was pre-released. I must be psychic because when I thought about the game after I played it, I was left with the feeling that there was an undeveloped story, and that most of the actions you were required to do (placing pictures), and the constant referral back to the medium, belittled the detective character.
I can't help thinking that the 'psychic detective' line means that there may be an offshoot series of games, and that this was really just an intro.
It was nice to see the 'floating jigsaws' (although repetitive), I would have preferred to know ahead of time about the MOs and the included bonus chapter.
Having said that, I enjoyed the spec thread this year, and am glad that so many are enjoying the game.

sas

I'm glad that your comments are mixed and not like the review that upset me. I haven't finished the game yet but I'm already getting a sense that this is just a piece of a bigger mystery.

[Post New]by Butterflyshrimp on Nov 21, 12 3:00 PM
I really liked the game and loved the jump outs. Thought they were hilarious. Liked the storyline but was "hyped" for a much better one. Thought Lea did a great job (the other actors also) & having a very good time in the game. Yes, it was a little "hammy" but isn't that how Physics really are...a little over the top? I did have some glitches but figure BF will fix them ASAP. My main problem was my wrist (I use a mouse) & certain aspects of the game put too much strain on it. I was "forced" to stop numerous times to give my wrist a break (no pun intended). Normally I go through 1-2 games a day & this has never happened before.

I do have one question. Where is the Bonus Chapter? I went through everything at the end of the game & could not find it, so naturally I never saw "any" MO's.

MJ_Mystery
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by MJ_Mystery on Nov 21, 12 3:05 PM
Hey guys I've started a discussion in the chit-chat corner and I'm hoping that some of you might stop by it if you can.

Go to: