bfgIlinalta
2,041 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on May 15, 17 5:43 PM
Hello lizdanny, MysteriousMoods, and susiewastaken,

Thank you for taking the time to discuss issues being experienced while playing the PC version of Midnight Castle. Before I continue, thank you MysteriousMoods and susiewastaken for those tips and insights into what is occurring. We definitely appreciate them, and I am going to be sure this information is provided to the teams investigating the issue that a recent update with Windows 10 has caused for some players. I'm also going to provide the means to contact our Support Team should more assistance be necessary.

lizdanny, I'm sorry to hear the Spring Terrace room seemed to not be available but the rest of the game was. susiewastaken could be correct that restarting the game could get the room to appear as expected, but if that doesn't seem to help, what I'd like to recommend is seeing if running the game as an Administrator will help.

Running the game as an Administrator may help when the game seems stuck or isn't displaying all the features that are usually available. Just in case it's helpful, here's how to provide those permissions to a game:

Run Game as Administrator

If those steps don't seem to help, more investigation or troubleshooting may be required. In this case, I recommend contacting our Midnight Castle Support Team with your in-game Friend Code. Our Reps are always happy to help out and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

Just in case it's helpful, the following article provides a guide on retrieving a Friend Code in Midnight Castle:

What is my Friend Code?

Thank you for your patience, and I hope that is helpful. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

JayceeAZ64
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by JayceeAZ64 on May 15, 17 5:46 PM
Today I can no longer play the game. When I click to play, it just goes back to the recent activity window. I cannot get my player ID because the game does not start at all. I deleted and reinstalled, still nothing. Help?

SweetNellyBly
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by SweetNellyBly on May 15, 17 9:00 PM
So glad I didn't update to Windows 10, love my Windows 8.1!

bfgBellerophon
8,044 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on May 16, 17 7:51 AM
Hi there,

I wanted to pop in here and address the recent posts in this thread.

JayceeAZ64, I'm sorry to hear that there is some trouble opening your game. Since we don't have the tools to provide in depth troubleshooting from the forums, please reach out to our Midnight Castle Support Team with a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report. The Support Team has the tools to provide assistance based on your computer's configurations. No worries about obtaining your player ID at the moment. We want to help get you into your game first.

SweetNellyBly, it is understandable the concern that Windows 10 can cause. The Support Team is always happy to provide help if players are experiencing issues with this system.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or any of the Active Moderators. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by wilsonronndaie on May 16, 17 9:21 PM

Edited on 05/17/2017 at 2:59:20 PM PST

bfgIlinalta
2,041 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on May 17, 17 3:03 PM
Howdy Everybody,

I just wanted to swim by real fast to thank players for their patience regarding the appearance of spam in the forums. The Forum Moderation Team continues to request upgrades to our forum's filters against spam. In the meantime, we will continue to manually ban each spam poster and delete each spam post as rapidly as we can. For more information, see the following announcement:

An important announcement regarding spam posts - August 12, 2015

Thank you for your patience as we handle those posts and in general when waiting for assistance with technical issues. If a player has further questions, please don't hesitate to PM any of the Active Moderators. We are happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by ngodwayndae on May 17, 17 9:21 PM

Edited on 05/18/2017 at 10:51:30 AM PST

[Removed by Moderator]

[Post New]by chrisprice on May 17, 17 11:18 PM

Edited on 05/18/2017 at 10:51:43 AM PST

[Post New]by barbarapager on May 18, 17 10:21 PM

Edited on 05/19/2017 at 7:07:35 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
8,044 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on May 19, 17 7:26 AM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to pop in here and thank you for your patience regarding spam posts within the forums. As stated by bfgIlinalta above, we will continue to manually ban each spam poster and delete each spam post. We greatly appreciate your patience as we will also continue to request an upgrade to our spam filters.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or any of the Active Moderators. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by kendadela on May 19, 17 10:26 PM

Edited on 05/21/2017 at 10:23:12 AM PST

[Post New]by ann_marry on May 20, 17 10:49 AM

Edited on 05/21/2017 at 10:23:02 AM PST

Linnyloos
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Linnyloos on May 21, 17 12:46 AM
I played yesterday fine but when I've tried to play today I can only get to 99% and it freezes. Help!!!

bfgIlinalta
2,041 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on May 21, 17 11:23 AM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for continuing to report technical issues with the PC version of Midnight Castle here. I first want to thank everyone again for understanding that our Forum Moderation Team continues to manually remove and ban each spammer, and also for your patience while waiting on us to remove these instances of spam when they appear. I also can see there is an issue here and I wanted to swim by real fast to help out.

Linnyloos, I'm sorry to hear that the game is freezing up when it loads. We definitely want players to be able to load their game fully without it freezing, and the first thing I recommend is to see if the following steps quickly resolve the issue or show that further assistance may be necessary:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If those steps don't seem to clear up the issue, more assistance may be necessary. Please reach out to our Midnight Castle Support Team, with your in-game Friend Code (if possible). It may also help to provide a Dr. Felix Report just in case further investigation is also necessary. Our Reps will be sure to follow up as soon as they can to assist with the tools they have available.

Just in case it's helpful, the following page can help with retrieving a Friend Code for players who would like to send that to our Support Team:

What is my Friend Code?

If you are unable to retrieve your Friend Code, try to provide as much detail about your account as possible instead. If you find you receive a message that doesn't seem to address your issue or an automated response that doesn't help resolve the request, please also reply directly to that message. This will keep your place in the request queue and alert our Reps that further assistance may be necessary. Thank you for understanding.

bfgIlinalta
2,041 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on May 21, 17 11:23 AM
I also needed to drop by to provide a quick reminder of the Forum Rules, specifically:

Treat others with respect. Harassing, attacking, threatening, provoking, calling unwanted attention to, name-calling, insulting, or bothering other users, moderators, or Big Fish employees on the forums will not be tolerated. Play nice.

Keep private matters private. Do not repost or discuss any private messages or emails you receive from other forum users, moderators, or Customer Support. Protect the privacy of other forum users by keeping real names and emails out of public posts.

Do not discuss moderator disciplinary actions. Moderators will not discuss actions and ask that you do not either. Posts that contain this information will be removed and may incur further disciplinary action.

Make sure your posts are constructive and add to the conversation on the forums. Posting just to "level up" or "bump" discussions is considered SPAM. Posts that are not game related will be removed.

By following these rules, we can all help maintain a comfortable and accessible environment for players to discuss games with one another. Thank you for understanding.

Thank you all as well for your patience, and I hope this was all helpful. If there are further questions, don't hesitate to PM me or any of the other active Moderators. We're all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Edited on 05/21/2017 at 11:26:46 AM PST

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,160 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on May 21, 17 5:52 PM
I'm really, really tired of having Midnight Castle turn off Windows Update every time that I play. This has been happening for about two weeks. It is the only BFG game that does this.

Also, for some reason, I can't listen to to YouTube videos when playing Midnight Castle any longer. Again, only Midnight Castle has this effect; every other BFG game is fine.

I'm using Windows 7.

bfgIlinalta
2,041 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on May 22, 17 1:07 PM
Hello Rhysdux,

I'm sorry to hear that there seems to be some trouble with the PC version of Midnight Castle and Windows Updates and the sound of other programs. There could be a wide variety of reasons this has started to occur at a specific point, and I'd like to offer a few suggestions to see if that will quickly resolve the issue or if further investigation will prove to be necessary.

Since this seems to be dealing with the same game, I recommend seeing if the following steps are able to assist as they are able to resolve a wide variety of common issues that may occur with Midnight Castle and may prove effective in this situation:

Crashing, Freezing, Game Won't Open (Computer)

If those steps above show that more investigation may be necessary or if you'd like further assistance, I recommend contacting our Midnight Castle Support Team with the Friend Code for this progress as well as a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps are always happy to help out and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience, and I hope this was helpful. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by bhilojhilo on May 22, 17 10:24 PM

Edited on 05/23/2017 at 7:55:18 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
8,044 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on May 23, 17 7:58 AM
Hi Everyone,

The Moderation Team understands the frustration that may arise with the appearance of spam in the forums. They exists because we must make the forums accessible to anyone who would like to create and account and participate. The team continues to manually ban each spam poster and delete each spam post as the requests to upgrade our spam filters continue to be placed. We thank you for your patience and adhering to the Forum Rules by not commenting on the post themselves. If you would like to know more about these posts, feel free to read the following announcement:

An important announcement regarding spam posts - August 12, 2015

Thank you for your patience and understanding. If any questions arise, feel free to PM me or any of the Active Moderators. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

[Removed by Moderator]

[Post New]by KathTor on May 23, 17 10:29 PM

Edited on 05/24/2017 at 9:59:47 AM PST

Go to: