level 5/9

[Post New]by speedymuggins on Sep 18, 09 11:52 PM
Hi can anyone tell me how to get expert in level 5/9. I have tried everything and am no where near the 38,000 total (best is 32,000). This is the only level I havent got in expert. chers

Re:level 5/9

[Post New]by Serena100 on Jul 10, 11 11:19 AM
hope you get this. save all the veggies at the bottom of the screen. save the one blue plant at the top move it to the bottom. buy the second set of flowers then have fun. it took me awhile to get expert. like you I tried everything this is what worked.

wndf
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by wndf on Mar 17, 12 11:26 AM
If anyone is looking for another strategy to make expert, here's how I did it:

- I worked very, very hard (and had to start over a few times) to keep alive the tomato, cabbage, turnip and pumpkin at the bottom corner AND the two roses in the top corner. I started with digging away the weeds left of the cabbage/tomato and later on the weeds around the pumpkin/turnip. In the mean time watering all six of the plants, leaving the rest to die off. Also, when I thought of it, I cut away stones, but usually I forget when fighting the weeds.

During this, a bug will come by. Which one is different every try, so if it is a black or green beetle, start over; you don't have time to keep spraying them so many times.

- As soon as you have at least harvested the turnip and the cabbage (pink and blue), buy: 2 weelbarrows, upgrade weed spade once (level 3), shovel once and buy a second bug sprayer. Ready for next round of action? Return to the field and:

- Replace the blue and pink rose you are keeping alive to the right spots you prepared for them at the bottom. Keep on digging up the weeds and cutting the stones and water the two flowers as much as you can. Soon you will be able to buy a set of roses.

- Plant the two new roses concentrated around the pink and blue roses, and of course according to the fairy dust circles you have kept for them. Keep everything as close together as possible; it will be easier to defend the patches from the upcoming pest clouds.

- Upgrade watering can to 4, as well as weed spade, and the bugsprayer. Buy a second set of yellow/red roses and plant them immediately.

All of the above should about be done at the moment the first pest cloud comes in. Protect your flowers, water and harvest in the mean time as much as you can.

- Maybe you are able to buy and plant two more sets of roses before the second cloud comes; I wasn't that time around that I won the level, so it is possible to finish in time without doing so, but I can imagine it will be easier WITH the roses already planted. Although it will be harder to defend them.

- After the second cloud is fought off, no more clouds will come. Plant two more sets of roses (if you haven't already done so before the second cloud came). Try to synchronise your roses with watering them, or do what I did: water them all the time anyway.

To be continued...

wndf
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by wndf on Mar 17, 12 11:33 AM
This way (see above) I got expert level. It took me a handfull of practices to get the start right (keeping alive the six desired plants) and after that, I got the necessary 30,000 mana the third time I played to the end.

Some general tips: kill bugs and weeds 'manually', so not by a mass spell. This way you get mana and you NEED that mana.

Clear away the weeds from the bottom up; the bottom corner is the place where you will be doing your gardening, so this area should be clean the first and the whole time.

During the pest clouds, don't forget to water the roses and KILL weeds; the weeds will suck your roses dry before you know it. Would be a pity if you would lose them to drought, because you are destracted by the bugs.

Don't forget about your blue and pink darlings; you need them to get the expert goal. And it is easy to manage them, because you don't have to wait for neighbouring flowers to bloom.

Good luck!

[Post New]by toddandjulie74 on Jun 25, 12 11:15 PM
Thank you wndf! You helped me get expert on this level.

Go to: