Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Halloween: Trick or Treat 2 here

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Oct 8, 15 4:53 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 10/08/2015 at 7:14:18 AM PST

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Halloween: Trick or Treat 2 here

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Oct 8, 15 7:14 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgLianorm

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Oct 8, 15 9:20 AM
I got this game this morning with a PCC. Cute game, good graphics but, in order to exit the game I had to completely shut down my computer at the surge protector. So it has a serious glitch upon exit. Casual Arts puts out good games so I'm a little surprised at the problem. I have Vacation Adventures: Cruise Director 2 and didn't have a problem ??

Am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit OS and hoping for a fix.

EDITED: Please disregard this post. I have COMPLETELY deleted game from computer and re-installed. Working fine now.

Edited on 10/10/2015 at 5:45:35 PM PST

[Post New]by dolores3355 on Oct 8, 15 7:27 PM
anyone having trouble with the word search puzzles? i click on the word to highlight and move my cursor along the letters but it only works on a few letters and then it doesn't highlight the whole word which indicates that you found it. i had this problem on the last casual arts game too. otherwise i just love the game!
I am using Windows 7.

[Post New]by zangaram on Oct 9, 15 1:03 PM
I have windows 10 and as with some other games I cannot get this game to play. The cursor will not move to the ends of the board. I have had to restart my computer three times just to get out of the game as it does not respond to alt,control,del.

[Post New]by BessieWindsor on Oct 10, 15 9:09 AM
Hi,

I downloaded the trial version for Halloween: Trick Or Treat 2. It won't load with the Game Manager and I can't uninstall it. I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit OS. I'd like to buy it, but not until the "glich" is fixed. Thanks for your help!

TAZZ1965
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by TAZZ1965 on Oct 10, 15 5:41 PM
I have windows 10 and I'm not having any trouble with this game. Thank god. Love this game. Sometimes you need simple once in a while.

Hoggywizard
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by Hoggywizard on Oct 12, 15 10:27 AM
Hey Dolores, to do the word search puzzles
1 You need to find the word you are looking for in the grid of letters
2 Put the cursor on the First letter at the Beginning of the word
3 Hold down the left button on the mouse and carefully drag your cursor along the middle of the rest of the letters of the word until you get to the Last letter of the word, then let go of the left button of the mouse.

For example. If you were looking for the word FURNITURE in the list of words.
1 Find the word FURNITURE in the grid of letters
2 Put the cursor on the letter F
3 Hold down the left button on the mouse and carefully drag the cursor along all the other letters of the word Furniture until you get to the last letter E, then let go of the left button of the mouse.

Hope this helps!

Edited on 10/13/2015 at 12:50:29 PM PST

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

[Post New]by swedane on Oct 19, 15 2:18 PM
zangaram wrote:I have windows 10 and as with some other games I cannot get this game to play. The cursor will not move to the ends of the board. I have had to restart my computer three times just to get out of the game as it does not respond to alt,control,del.
It's a well known Windows 10 issue, try googling it and you'll soon see you're not alone with this issue! Good luck

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Oct 20, 15 1:37 AM
This game won't work on my Macbook Pro OS X 10.11 El Capitan. The cursor is sooooo tiny I can't find it, let alone use it :-((

Getting so fed up with SE games not working. Haven't been able to use a PCC for months as either rubbish games, or tech issues.

Liked the look of this game too. No option for a game cursor either!

bluejen
Clownfish
Clownfish
702 Posts

[Post New]by bluejen on Oct 27, 15 10:47 PM
dolores3355 wrote:anyone having trouble with the word search puzzles? i click on the word to highlight and move my cursor along the letters but it only works on a few letters and then it doesn't highlight the whole word which indicates that you found it. i had this problem on the last casual arts game too. otherwise i just love the game!
I am using Windows 7.

I have a Mac running Mavericks and I had exactly the same problem. I tried forever and the letters would not highlight the whole word. Quite a glitch as I eventually had to skip the puzzle. I agree that it's a fun game and more challenging that it looks at first glance.

bluejen
Clownfish
Clownfish
702 Posts

[Post New]by bluejen on Oct 29, 15 1:53 PM
I find that if I drag the letters VERY slowly, there's no problem. Whew!

Go to: