Help I need more beer

[Post New]by TLMadden on Sep 20, 09 4:55 PM
I need beer for the tummy ache medicine I traded second honey for beer but when I Continued game beer was gone. Can anyone help or will I have to start over again?

bachlein
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

Re:Help I need more beer

[Post New]by bachlein on Dec 12, 09 10:49 AM
I'm having the same trouble. Did you ever figure it out, or did you have to reload a game before you traded the beer?

diggermonty
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

Re:Help I need more beer

[Post New]by diggermonty on Nov 29, 10 5:41 PM
You need more than beer to play this travesty. A shot or two of hard liquor will make you vision blurry enough to not notice the crude graphics and cumbersome interface.
Pass me the vodka. Please.

Re:Help I need more beer/Probably have to re-start

[Post New]by LadyWode on Feb 24, 13 2:47 AM
This game is 13 years old and the company sold the game to Adventure Co. when they went out of business, so there's no real support. There is a patch online BUT it deals with compitability issues.
According to a message left in a thread (Egypt was misspelled making the thread harder to find) we supposedly are getting 2 servings of the honey-which would solve the beer buying issue. however, I either received just 1 or somehow I traded 2x with that beer wench and as a result, bartered away my willow leaves. I then bartered it back but now have no beer. See my problem? I am beerless in a society where breakfast was a beer (more like a soup) and a piece of bread with some olives and raisins in it. LOL. There is no way to access prior saves and I assume the game writes over the previous one.
Not really funny and unless I can figure something out, I am Sooooo done, and everyone will have a terminal bellyache!

Re:Help I need more beer/Problem SOLVED but you'll need to replay the GAME

[Post New]by LadyWode on Feb 25, 13 7:44 AM
After much research I found a walkthrough from a very thorough gamer who gives good hints!
When you collect the honey you are getting 2 BOTTLES although ONLY 1 shows! It is not marked with a "2" as the papyrus is. So when you make the first remedy do not think (as I must have) that because you see the honey BACK IN THE INVENTORY that it didn't take and put the honey in AGAIN! That is the honey that you use to buy the beer! Whomever owns this game now should fix that. I am almost at the end of the game and I purposely bought the beer right after the 1st remedy to make sure that this was true. Good luck-if you know what you did it doesn't take so long to get back there.

Go to: