bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Paradise Beach comments and reviews

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 21, 09 2:55 AM
Our reviewers haven’t had a chance to get you a review of this game yet. We do value your reviews though, as do many of the other fish in our pond, so feel free to post your own and our Big Fish reviewers will be back to throw in their two cents as soon as possible!

Happy gaming !

scpotamus
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

Re:Paradise Beach comments and reviews

[Post New]by scpotamus on Sep 21, 09 6:31 AM
This game has lots of potential but is so slow and choppy once there are a few people on the the beach as to be virtually unplayable. Hope this can be fixed somehow. Reminds me of Spring Break Virtual Resort.

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Sep 21, 09 7:24 AM
Access Violations, crashes, text errors, slow loading time. Wasn't there any QA testing done on this game?
This must be an embarrassment for Big Fish Games and the NevoSoft team.

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on Sep 21, 09 8:25 AM
i could only play a few minutes of it as it was choppy, would freeze, i would have probably purchased it as i like the build a lot games however unless they fix the issues that are with the game i am going to pass for now.

Sante001
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by Sante001 on Sep 21, 09 9:02 AM
I played the full 60 minute demo. I'm sorry to hear that people had problem with crashing and downloaded, I did not have any problems. Please contact consumer services. They are very helpful.

The word that I will use for this game is interesting. It is different from other building type games. One of the biggest differences is that you build on all previous levels. You start each new level with structures that you previously build. For the new level, you're asked to perform another function. The game goes like this.
* Build icre-cream, fruit stands, sidewalks, etc and keep your customers happy.
* During the next level, you will be ask to build something else, while still keeping the builds repaired and the customers happy from previous levels.
* While people are swimming, they may start to drown, you're ask to save them.
Pros: The game requires you to moving around to the old and new sites so that you can keep your customers happy and keep your structures repaired. I like the fact that you build on previous levels. This is very different from any other building game. There is no timing to the game, so you can take your time building and reach goals.
Cons: There are several. The tutitoral is lacking, I will have to say there is none. You learn by trail and error that you have to keep checking on the customers to keep them happy. Reaching goals is somewhat confusing. The made point is that you have to respond to customers and build what they say is missing so that you can reach a happiness level. This is not clear, so you gain figure it out by trail and error.
Bottomline: Once I got the hang of it, I was challenged to reach the goals and did enjoy playing the 60 minutes. This game has potential. What's missing are clear instructions. I give it . Good attempt at something different, but lack of goal clarity. I will not purchase, but will keep in my list of possibilities in the far future.

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Sep 21, 09 9:13 AM
I played the 60 min. demo and it worked great, no choppy or slow or anything bad. Maybe it's your computers. I found things had to be fixed too fast after I got to the new island. I had tons of peeps and plants etc. It just isn't for me though.

AnnBy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,653 Posts

[Post New]by AnnBy on Sep 21, 09 9:31 AM
I didn't download this but wanted to comment on those that had troubles. This game does use a lot of resources so maybe that's the issue and not the game. It says 1.2 Ghz if I remember correctly. Don't know if that's it, but just a thought.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Sep 21, 09 9:46 AM
I enjoyed the demo so bought the game. I do like as mentioned, that you build a bit on to your beach each level, makes you try to plan it properley from the start to leave room for the extra development.
The beach theme is fun as is watching the peeps enjoying the facilities and it is great you can take your time.
Have only played the first 8 levels.
The only thing I don't get yet is how the employees work, I hire all this staff but still seem to have to do the work

1010elisa
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by 1010elisa on Sep 21, 09 10:36 AM
bought and paid for the game and very disappointed. Every 10 mins the game crashes and have to restart. I feel l am deserved a full refund.

Sante001
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by Sante001 on Sep 21, 09 11:04 AM
1010, please contact consumer services. They're very good a seeing that you get a credit if you're unable to play the game. -- GL

-- Sante

[Post New]by wild_trose on Sep 21, 09 12:17 PM
This is the first game ive not been able to play...it downloaded but will not play...so I deleted it and now it wont download at all.. hopefully the problems will be fixed soo as I would really like to at least try it to see if I like it

GloomySunday
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by GloomySunday on Sep 21, 09 12:20 PM
I really, really like this game! I was lucky, it ran smoothly, broke down once but that was shortly after my anti virus program started its weekly scan, so it might have been the anti-virus program's "fault". The game looks very similar to Beach Life which I bought years ago and play again occasionally. There is a lot to do, the tutorial is good, though the dialogues at the beginning and end of each task are a bit tedious sometimes. The one-hour demo got me through the first 8 or 9 levels. They were easy to beat but without being boring. The tasks leave enough flexibility, the graphics are quite nice. So, the hour of the demo went by quickly, I much enjoyed playing and this will be a definite buy!

Chi3165
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by Chi3165 on Sep 21, 09 12:51 PM
I've not yet finished the trial period. Up to level 7 or 8 now and still have 25 minutes left. The game works fine for me. I agree, probably a speed problem for those with choppy events.

The tutorial is okay, not great, but okay. It does leave some things out. However, while each level is loading there is a tip in the lower right corner from "Mr. Gates." That helped me a lot.

The one thing that is irritating to me is that disengaging whatever you are holding is not necessarily equal in all areas. Sometimes I can simply right click to stop using a tool or whatever, but other times I have to click again on the icon to disengage. There may be a method to the madness, but I've yet to discover what that is.

I'm still undecided whether I'll buy or not, but am leaning toward buying if the remaining minutes prove fun. A game mentioned in another thread was Westwind. I am playing Paradise Beach right on the heels of my free hour of Westwind. They seem very much the same genre in my opinion. Who knows, I just may have to buy both (depends also on whether Paradise Beach is a timed game - I never noticed! ). They are certainly a nice change from the Build A Lot games.

toast
Salmon
Salmon
2,618 Posts

[Post New]by toast on Sep 21, 09 2:04 PM
I have a dual processor, 2G RAM, and a top of the line video card. This game ran slow, choppy, almost to the point of freezing. Plenty of resources to run it. The tutorial would freeze up if I didnt place the items EXACTLY where it wanted me to. Shut off the tutorial and it wouldnt let me do anything else. I for one am sick and tired of "contacting tech support" with almost every new game they release. It takes 2 days minimum to get a response from them. That's my 2 cents worth.

Jaboulka
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by Jaboulka on Sep 21, 09 4:27 PM
Again, just finished the demo and had no problems at all. How come I never have problems with my games??

Anyway, loved it and will definteley buy it, but suddenly this month too many TM games I loved came out, Farm Frenzy 3, World of Zellians, Nanny 911 and now this one! I'll have to wait next month for this one, which is good since I havent finished World of Zillian and Nanny 911 yet, however finished Farm Frenzy with all golds!! )

FairyonPegasus
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,501 Posts

[Post New]by FairyonPegasus on Sep 21, 09 6:14 PM
govegril wrote:I enjoyed the demo so bought the game. I do like as mentioned, that you build a bit on to your beach each level, makes you try to plan it properley from the start to leave room for the extra development.
The beach theme is fun as is watching the peeps enjoying the facilities and it is great you can take your time.
Have only played the first 8 levels.
The only thing I don't get yet is how the employees work, I hire all this staff but still seem to have to do the work

I haven't figured that out either. I paid close attention to the area they're supposed to work in and made sure to cross over the graphs one line with each employee and the area they cover. If I have 4 engineers, I cross over their graph one line on the right or left, one line on the bottom and one on the top till the island is covered in yellow, then I do the same for each of the others. But, I'm still having to save some people, fix some things. I also know they cost a lot of money. I did figure out how to move them to make them work in different areas till I get rich, so I can build some of the more expensive stuff. But, haven't been able to figure out how much I'm paying each, it goes by too quickly. To move them you click on them, then you'll see a flag in the middle of their graph. You just pick it up and move the flag to a new location.

I would like a zoom out button so I can see it from an overview to see where I've built at, because it does turn into such a large area. There may be one, I haven't figured out how to use it. I'm on level 20 and it is a very challenging game. I have about half and half between gold and silver, so lots to go back and try again. I also don't like how cluttered the people get as you build things up and there's no way to move them.

However, It's a fun game and like everyone else I like idea of building upon the previous levels. We'll get it all figured out.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Sep 21, 09 6:29 PM
Hi FairyonPegasus

It does seem that using employees improves as you progress, though security guards still seem useless to me.

Yes you are right that it gets cluttered, but I thought that was my fault as I was building quite close together. I had terrible trouble finding the flowers in that level because I had so many things altogether. I might start again with different tactics and see if it makes a difference.

Nawila
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Nawila on Sep 22, 09 12:37 AM
wild_trose wrote:This is the first game ive not been able to play...it downloaded but will not play...so I deleted it and now it wont download at all.. hopefully the problems will be fixed soo as I would really like to at least try it to see if I like it

exactly the same problem here!!!

Lisa_41
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa_41 on Sep 22, 09 3:16 AM
Nawila wrote:
wild_trose wrote:This is the first game ive not been able to play...it downloaded but will not play...so I deleted it and now it wont download at all.. hopefully the problems will be fixed soo as I would really like to at least try it to see if I like it

exactly the same problem here!!!

Same here!! Really hope to play.....I loved Beach Party and really want to play this one. I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times but it just won't play.

SKYEBLUETOO
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by SKYEBLUETOO on Sep 22, 09 5:22 AM
I do have a "crash" glitch here, but it only happens once in a while.....but too often!
I hope they will fix it. It seems to happen when I click near a Wind Power Source ?? No idea why.

Otherwise, love it ........... works fine and seems, to me, to be easy to figure out.
As you progress it offers more and different things to build and you lay out gets better each time. Need to plant lots of palm trees, etc. to keep your customers happy.

I hope when they figure out the glitch(s) that there will be a new download available.

Go to: