Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Off The Record: The Final Interview Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Oct 10, 15 12:51 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 10/10/2015 at 7:51:45 PM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Off The Record: The Final Interview Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by ThoughtFox on Oct 10, 15 7:11 AM
Hello . . . I was really enjoying the game, but near the end of the trial, I couldn't zoom into the safe - there was no magnifying glass or anything allowing me to interact with this area. I could see that this was what I needed to do and checked the guide as well, but the game wouldn't let me do it!

Operating system: Windows 10

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Off The Record: The Final Interview Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Oct 10, 15 7:53 PM
Hi Everyone,

If there's trouble with getting Off the Record: The Final Interview Collector's Edition to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

Often, we can provide a known solution for technical issues in the Forums and some of our tech savvy pond residents may also swim by with good tips and suggestions. We're unable to provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team because the Forums are not well suited for the type of information-gathering and troubleshooting that's needed in order to correct issues of this nature.

If you're unable to get a game working properly using our Help pages or the tips posted here, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact Customer Support on the front page of our Help pages section.

Contacting Customer Support will help us to gather necessary information on what types of systems are being affected by the problem and to share this information with the developer in order to work towards a fix.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting Customer Support, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgWaimea

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Off The Record: The Final Interview Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by zerolimits3 on Oct 12, 15 10:04 PM
I have purchased the game and it is playing well......except when exiting, the 'new profile' comes up and I have to start over again.
I am using windows 7.
Is anyone else having this problem?
Have tried downloading again as it said I have not purchased the game. NOW...downloading is stuck at 56%.

Edited on 10/12/2015 at 11:28:43 PM PST

reesy37
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by reesy37 on Oct 13, 15 2:19 PM
Will someone important please review the thread titled 'achievements.' The thread is really a tech issue.

After completing the game and obtaining ALL achievements, there is a teapot near the extra games for finding hats. When you click on the teapot, it leads you to think there is another bonus, but it says that you haven't completed the achievement to unlock it.

What is the achievement?? I have ALL teapots and ALL achievements.

AussieMoo
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by AussieMoo on Oct 14, 15 2:46 AM
Spot on, same for me reesy37.

stasibug
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by stasibug on Oct 16, 15 12:31 AM
Thanks reesy37. Same here. A real disappointment.

reesy37
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by reesy37 on Oct 16, 15 3:08 PM
The biggest concern is that this isn't being addressed.

DanieJo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by DanieJo on Oct 19, 15 5:29 AM
I have so many issues with collectibles. For some reason, my entire profile disappeared after I had started bonus game. I uninstalled, then reinstalled and my profile returned but had to restart the bonus game and all my teapots and letters were gone.

Edited on 10/19/2015 at 6:10:29 AM PST

[Post New]by Kalxxxx on Oct 19, 15 9:01 AM
I'm stuck in the farmhouse front yard because I can see there is a HOP but when I go into it there isn't a list - HINT at this point tells me to move on. If I go to any other scene the hint tells me to go to the HOP...I've excited the game, still the same...I'm using Windows 7. Thank you!

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Oct 23, 15 12:44 AM
oh heck.
I was hoping someone had a solution to the teapot on the table.
I quite enjoyed the hat games and was looking forward to whatever that bonus was.

I HAVE ALL the teapots. I went back and counted.
I do have the achievement.
I was so careful. I got all the letters, all the teapots and all the hats.
I have my achievements noted......
and that stupid teapot AND the stupid collectable section, keeps telling me I am missing something.
grrrrr.
Eipex, please fix this!
Fubar

Oh, I am running on Windows 7 OS

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

[Post New]by 9otters on Oct 24, 15 5:06 PM
Same here. All teapots found. No bonus, because, according to the game, I didn't find all of them.

PC, Windows 7, Home Pro, 64 bit

Zhenya722
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by Zhenya722 on Nov 1, 15 4:24 PM
Very disappointed in this game and not up to Epix standards. The repeating problem everyone else has of vanishing profile, collectables, etc. Deleted the game and hope for a repaired game to appear for download.

Running Windows 8.1.

Edited on 11/01/2015 at 4:25:20 PM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Nov 2, 15 1:03 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that players are having issues with this particular game. I also apologize for the delay in response.

With players that are having issues with the game not saving their progress when they exit, please look at the following help article for hints:

Game Not Saving

If you are having issues not being able to progress, please ensure that everything is up to date with your video card driver. I'll include a help article below with hints on how to do that:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

With players having issues with the teapots, I've gone ahead and passed this along. Please do contact our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. This helps in the investigation as the support team contains the tools to keep track of and report these issues.

bfgBellerophon

Jaguar2357
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by Jaguar2357 on Dec 31, 15 7:34 AM
The game confirms, I have achieved all of the Letters, all of the hats, and all 43 teapots. Yet I cannot play the bonus because "haven't made all the collections". Very disappointing.

When is this bonus play going to open up to us?

Laptop, Windows 7, 64-bit

Edited on 12/31/2015 at 7:34:49 AM PST

hdnobjgamluvr
Shark
Shark
12,611 Posts

[Post New]by hdnobjgamluvr on Jan 10, 16 3:09 PM
Well, here we go again......lots of folks having issues with the game, myself included. I too finished the Bonus Chapter, and when I try to go to Extra Content, it tells me I have to complete the Bonus Chapter. When I try to exit, tells me to enter a new profile.

I will NOT start all over again. Another ripoff...yes, ripoff...and as usual, nothing about a fix for anyone's issues...just the same old pre-printed garbage. And soon this will be locked, without a word of a fix.......it's happened several times with other games.

Guess that explains why I rarely buy games here anymore

Go to: