bellerook
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

How to use the forum

[Post New]by bellerook on Sep 22, 09 5:27 PM
I'm the world's worst at following written directions. I never know whether to hit a 'reply' button or start a new discussion. Is there something simple like 'new post' that I'm missing? I also wonder if it's possible to access the answers received by other posters. Specifically, I saw the other day that someone had asked the exact question I needed an answer to, and there appeared to be a follow-up 'thank you' note for info received. I understand it would spoil the game to have all the answers in full view, but is there a way to access tips meant for someone else so as to avoid having those great folks out there (whoever you are) repeatedly answering the same questions?

angelize81
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,235 Posts

Re:How to use the forum

[Post New]by angelize81 on Sep 22, 09 6:03 PM
Hi bellerook and welcome to the pond!! First I want to say....No worries, eh? Trust me, there is not a single person here who wasn't totally confused about everything their first few times interacting with others, so you are definitely in the majority! Heck, I've been here posting almost 2 months and just found out last week how to use colors and sizes LOL Just thought everyone except for me had some extra fancy stuff on their post box..

Some here will get their unmentionables tangled up over new people bringing up old discussions or starting new ones , saying "That question has already been addressed. Please refer to such-and-such post"...I was always curious as to how exactly one is to know the question has been addressed without "dragging up an old post"..

As far as being able to access answers to others the only way to do that is if they've been posted on the boards...For example, occasionally I will answer a question and if it includes a link to a location of a screen shot then I will send the link via PM, as BFG

bellerook
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by bellerook on Sep 22, 09 9:04 PM
Thanks so much, Angelize. Now if I can find a way to get SOMEWHERE besides room 10 (Ratchett's) and room 9 (Poirot's) I will be a happy anemone!

angelize81
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,235 Posts

[Post New]by angelize81 on Sep 22, 09 9:46 PM
Takes issue with posting "outside" links in BFG forums, soooooo.......

But if you need help with a game, feel free to PM me anytime and I will do the absolute best that can to help ok?

Oh and just go ahead and create any discussion that you want to any time that you want to ok? Because everyone here knows, that if a thread doesn't interest you or you don't like the subject matter, just don't post in it......or, DO post in it, but only to let everyone know that you don't post in threads like that...

ETA: (That stands for "edited to add"....I learned A LOT last week.. ) I would be more than happy to help!! Can you tell me like what section of the game it is that you're having trouble with, (beginning, middle, end) and the last thing you did before you got stranded in your rooms...

Edited on 09/22/2009 at 9:50:58 PM PST

Go to: