Post any Avalon technical issues here only

[Post New]by dodo1961 on Sep 23, 09 6:29 AM
Fout: Acces violation at ox004C0930 (probeerde te lezen uit 0x00000018) Program beëindigd.
Wat is dit??
Kan niet verder met het spel
Zit op het derde eiland.

help

Edited on 08/22/2011 at 10:02:55 AM PST

Re:Error

[Post New]by pukkelt on Dec 17, 09 10:00 AM
kan geen games meer downloaden, ben de exe bestanden en dll kwijtgeraakt op een of andere manier en kan mijn gekochte games ook niet meer spelen
kan me iemand hiermee mee HELPEN

gr.t.t.

Cricks3
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Cricks3 on Jun 14, 10 9:05 PM
I'm getting:

OxFFFF043B (tried to read from OxFFFF043 , program terminated.

The game started ok and then let me create and name a fairy but, upon saving the fairy and continuing, the game, up came the above message and the game shut down.

Now the game will appear to start but when I click on Play, it puts up that same code and shuts down.

[Post New]by QueenRighteously on Jun 24, 10 4:21 PM
i am getting an error message when starting the game. I can play the mini games but I cannot play the main game. It let me play it at first with no problem but now that I purchased the full version I am getting an error message that says

Access violation at oxfffo6c9 (tried to read from oxfffo6c9) program terminated

[Post New]by Ivorysphinx on Jul 25, 10 10:59 PM
I had the same problem. We tried everything under the sun to get it fixed with no luck at all. Finally wrote to customer support, who basically said that the game is just flat broke and gave me credit for a new game. If anyone does find a fix for this I'd love to know.

zeiladae
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by zeiladae on Nov 6, 10 5:04 AM
How do I write to customer support? Do they have an e-mail support address?

[Post New]by rulvstal on Nov 22, 10 6:05 PM
Game crashes at start up.
A pitiful excuse for a game. Big Fish should be ashamed of themselves for posting this mess for sale. No comment from customer support.
Games should have a caveat stating if they are Windows XP compatible or not.
I'll try my other game site.

Mowglikat
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Mowglikat on Nov 25, 10 6:50 PM
Me too. Error access code violation.

[Post New]by looklita on Jan 25, 11 7:08 PM
Same issue. I wonder why they still have it up for download?

[Post New]by TamLin275 on Mar 15, 11 10:12 PM
I'm having the exact same error message as Cricks3. Does anyone know what causes this error? Is it easily avoidable?

I've tried every combination of fairy (hair, dress, wings) and it still hasn't helped.

Edited on 03/15/2011 at 10:40:11 PM PST

Error

[Post New]by nashvara on Apr 16, 11 9:23 AM
i have same problem.i dont understand why they dont fix it.i really want to play this game

Tailteann
Clownfish
Clownfish
584 Posts

[Post New]by Tailteann on Apr 18, 11 8:23 AM
I had the same problem. When it was downloading it tried to install an outdated version of Adobe Flash which my system did not allow. The game started but then I got the error after choosing my faery and can go no further.

A real shame to hear that it sounds like there's no solution, as it looks like a great strategy game (+ faeries!) and these are few and far between!

haaam
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by haaam on Apr 30, 11 10:30 PM
hey i have error in avalon game

when i try 2 play avalon game i got error

Error: Access violation at 0xFFFF044B (tried to read from 0xFFF044 , program terminated .

i didnt get the msg plz help me what i have 2 do i pay 4 this game

thanx

Edited on 04/30/2011 at 10:31:11 PM PST

granraven3
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by granraven3 on Jun 19, 11 4:46 PM
Did anyone ever address this problem? I'm not seeing any explanations or other forms of help! What's up BFG?

Leemo
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by Leemo on Jul 24, 11 3:39 PM
Same Access Violation problem here. The game looks really good but is unplayable. Is a fix possible? Every other game from is playable on my machine.

peanutfish
Manatee
Manatee
3,948 Posts

[Post New]by peanutfish on Jul 31, 11 5:31 PM
I have been having the same problem with an access error.. Going to contact Customer Support about it...Hopefully they will slide in here with a solution..

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

Re:Post any Avalon technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Aug 22, 11 10:03 AM
Hey fishies!

Since this forum doesn't have an official "Tech Issues" thread yet, I'll go ahead and sticky this one.

==========================

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Access Violation

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Alpaca210
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by Alpaca210 on Sep 9, 11 11:31 AM
Hmmmm i guess they NOT gonna bother fixing this game,,, i D/L 3 times with same error as every one else,, Bit slack I say,,, Does look a great game

peanutfish
Manatee
Manatee
3,948 Posts

[Post New]by peanutfish on Sep 14, 11 3:44 PM
bfgHondo,
Thank you for answering the questions I had on the access error problem..
This game works great on my other computer/vista.....Hope this problem gets fixed because this is a very fun game..

eta: Found out that this is a McAffee Security issue...
After I downloaded another security on my computer, this game works great...

Edited on 09/20/2011 at 1:34:29 PM PST

[Post New]by Athealis on Oct 14, 11 11:44 PM
FIX:

I have a solution that worked for me. Go into your game folder, which should be wherever you have it set to save your bigfish games. For me it's /bigfish/avalon. Basically, it is where the REAL exe file for the game exists, not the shortcut. there will be a folder called assets. Open in, and remove the folder called cutscenes. You can back it up if you want, whatever, but move it OUT of the assets folder. This should fix the problem. You will not see the game's cutscenes, but who cares? At least you will be able to play it now, hopefully.
-Athealis

Go to: