judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

i have quite liked this game....

[Post New]by judy76073 on Oct 11, 15 5:12 PM
I am quite liking this game - as I like pretty much all games I buy. I have completed the main game and will be starting the bonus chapter shortly. I enjoy the HOPA games - quite frankly, I don't pay much attention to the voice overs or what accents are used - mostly my sound is turned down fairly low, just loud enough for me to hear mostly background music - I play to relax and enjoy and it is a treat when I can go back and find whatever collectibles or morphing objects, etc. that I may have missed while playing the game. I always play on the easy/casual mode - quite often I will skip the mini games (sometimes there are mini puzzles that I just don't like to do, so those are the ones I skip).

In any event - I found this a very enjoyable game.

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

Re:i have quite liked this game....

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Oct 11, 15 6:07 PM
I just finished the Bonus Game. There is a Collectibles Tab that lets you go back to find the Teapots that you missed. You can, also, replay the HOPs to find any Morphing Objects that you missed. What disappointed me is that there is no way to go back to find the Letters or Hats that you missed. I missed 1 Hat & 10 Letters. I didn't know that I needed to find Hats until I was half way through the game & couldn't go back to get the 1st Hat. The Letters are small, hard to see & randomly placed so it would be great to be able to go back to the locations that had them just to look for Letters.

I don't see why the Devs don't say something about the Collectibles in the General Tips part on the 1st page of the SG. They should say that you need to look for a Teapot in each location. That there are Morphing Objects & if they are in the Locations or in the HOPs. It should tell you to look for Fancy Hats & Letters that are placed randomly throughout the game. You shouldn't have to go to the back of the SG to find out what you're supposed to be collecting.

Edited on 10/11/2015 at 6:09:26 PM PST

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Oct 11, 15 8:00 PM
I didn't know about the letters either - vaguely remember something about hats, and found a few - but yeah, that's kinda too bad that we can't go back and retrieve those items. but at least we can go back and get the teapots and morph items !! that's a good thing. I will enjoy that - I know I missed some of the morph items - not sure about the teapots yet as I'm just getting into the bonus game now.

But I really enjoyed this game.

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

[Post New]by 9otters on Oct 11, 15 9:12 PM
I usually look at the collectibles on the extras page, and the achievements, before I start a game.

Most of the time I will find mention of morphing objects and/or collectibles in one or both of those places.

Hope this helps in the future?

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Oct 12, 15 2:28 AM
I do that as well 9otters....at the start of every game and get pretty miffed when the full SG is not included in the demo....just in case I don't want to start fresh after purchasing.

But, I agree with the others, the devs should let us know BEFORE those items show up, that we have to look for them.

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Oct 12, 15 9:31 AM
9otters wrote:I usually look at the collectibles on the extras page, and the achievements, before I start a game.

Most of the time I will find mention of morphing objects and/or collectibles in one or both of those places.

Hope this helps in the future?

I look in the SG for a Chapter on Collectibles. Then in the for Collectibles in the Extras. The check the Achievements to see if there is an Achievement for collecting all of something.

Why should we have to do all that when it would be easy for the Devs to list what collectibles we should look for in the General Help part of the SG. How hard is it to write 2 or 3 sentences.

Example:

Look for hidden Teapots at each location.
Look for Fancy Hats & Letters at random locations.
Look for Morphing Objects in the HOPs.

I always check to General Help page to see if the Devs had a bright idea & decided to tell us about collectibles there but it hasn't happened, yet.

Edited on 10/12/2015 at 9:36:00 AM PST

Go to: