bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Garfield's Wild Ride

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Oct 12, 15 12:29 AM
In Garfield's dreams, he can fly! Just click on the screen to take off and release to descend. Avoid obstacles and enemies to clear the various levels. On your way, collect coins and lasagna to help Garfield. Customize Garfield with fun accessories and add power-ups. Dive into this colorful cartoon world that everybody can enjoy.

dueler
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

Re:Garfield's Wild Ride

[Post New]by dueler on Oct 12, 15 3:38 AM
Tried this game for 10 minutes, I just couldn't control the mouse left button to collect the stars or whatever they were, no buy for me.
happy gaming

Edited on 10/12/2015 at 3:40:25 AM PST

[Post New]by ladycrow23 on Oct 12, 15 9:22 AM
its too slow for me... mouse ok, but everything is in slow motion.. not for me

fluffyalso
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by fluffyalso on Oct 12, 15 12:04 PM
I agree, game is slow and mouse hard to control. The most annoying thing is if you die, you have to start at beginning of level. Over and over again. Once you get the check marks you can go on to next level by going out to start menu and hit play. I got up to third level and then my finger started hurting. With some tweaks it could have been fun.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Oct 17, 15 9:17 PM
It is easier (IMO) to use the spacebar instead of the mouse. I feel I have better control over his flying and reduces hand fatigue.

Also, as you play a level the farther you travel the speed increases. There gets to be a point that it actually moves too fast.

Another thing, even though you have to start the level over if you die you still get to keep all the coins collected so it will still build up to use toward the Shop items. Besides it takes a few replays to get all parts of the level completed so I look at it as more opportunities to collect more coins and lasagna.

The game is a tad bit repetitious but it is addicting.

16paws
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by 16paws on Dec 20, 15 4:44 AM
When Garfield dies, he has to start at the beginning of the level, with zero coins, in my game at any rate. I find this to be really annoying. Also, I don't know what to avoid in order to keep him from being shot down.

[Post New]by MollyMcFixit on May 17, 16 11:05 AM
I actually really like this game. It doesn't take a lot of thinking, just good reflexes!
I am/was? on level 3 & I went in to bonus upgrades & tried to buy the second level of the Pookie upgrade. It didn't take the coins (10,000) and it seemed to let me have all 4 upgrades. After I "bought" them, the buttons to buy disappeared & I thought I had gotten free upgrades. The flying Garfield magnetically collects coins now, but Pookie didn't upgrade & seemed to stop magnetically(?) collecting them. Even worse, Odie doesn't even appear now-it just shows the scene where he should have been. The skateboard didn't change at all. And I think it is making me play level 3 again-same requirements, but with a level reward of 3000 instead of 2500 coins...
I am using Windows 10 OS, with MS Edge as the browser.
I love this game-can you fix this bug?
THX!!!

Go to: