Note: just stepping in for Daxadillion who is moving house at the moment

Edited on 10/12/2015 at 6:36:21 AM PST

Janette5
Clownfish
Clownfish
518 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Garden Shop here

[Post New]by Janette5 on Oct 12, 15 2:33 AM
Garden Shop is a time management game in a flower shop setting.

Game Play
You are serving customers by taking their orders, assembling the orders and delivering them back to the customers and accepting their money. This is all done by simply clicking on the right spot and waiting. It starts off very slow / boring but gets interesting quite soon.

Difficulty & Technical Issues
This game is very difficult and very easy to get confused because you have different people serving and you have to click the person and then click the action they have to take. They can also get into each others way. Here I had a lot of problems, not just keeping it all together but the game would get confused - so it wouldn't allow someone to go to a station as it had triggered the other server was standing there - even when they weren't - so I had to move that server somewhere else to trigger that the counter was clear. Even though I enjoy the complexity of the game it only works if the game actually runs smoothly. This one does not.

Length of Game
I played until level 15 - it took me about 50 minutes. It looked as if there were only 25 levels despite the front page saying more than 70? I don't know about that. In the 15 levels I played it was impossible for me to NOT get 3 stars - I was taking about 25% of the allocated time. In other words there would be no reason to replay the game and if though the game play mechanics was difficult and you had to make a whole lot decisions, I got 3 stars even when I messed up. I never once used the power-ups that are available in the level.

Upgrades
There are a lot of upgrades and additional things to buy in the store and so those decisions would impact on the game later on. However, the game does sometimes force you to purchase a specific upgrade.

I think if the technical aspects of this game worked well then it would have been a fun and challenging game. At the moment it is simply a frustrating game.

Edited on 10/12/2015 at 2:37:26 AM PST

DeAnna2112
Clownfish
Clownfish
675 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Garden Shop here

[Post New]by DeAnna2112 on Oct 12, 15 6:03 AM
shelterhill wrote:A thread for your reviews

Note: just stepping in for Daxadillion who is moving house at the moment

[Removed by Moderator]

Edited on 10/12/2015 at 9:00:06 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Oct 12, 15 6:35 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Garden Shop here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Garden Shop.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

Please post your REVIEWS for Garden Shop here

[Post New]by shelterhill on Oct 12, 15 7:32 AM

Edited on 10/12/2015 at 9:27:25 AM PST

SilverBranch
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by SilverBranch on Oct 12, 15 8:15 AM
Janette5 wrote:
Difficulty & Technical Issues
This game is very difficult and very easy to get confused because you have different people serving and you have to click the person and then click the action they have to take. They can also get into each others way. Here I had a lot of problems, not just keeping it all together but the game would get confused - so it wouldn't allow someone to go to a station as it had triggered the other server was standing there - even when they weren't - so I had to move that server somewhere else to trigger that the counter was clear. Even though I enjoy the complexity of the game it only works if the game actually runs smoothly. This one does not.
frustrating game.

I would like to add a huge YES to that! I would have maybe wasted a credit on this average little game just for something new to play, but this was a very frustrating feature that I did not enjoy.

Thanks for your review!

Did anyone else notice that the manager of the shop changes flesh tone in the game? I kept wondering who my first helper was supposed to be in the story line. Silly me for trying to follow the insipid story!

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Oct 12, 15 9:32 AM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to pop in here and remind users of the Forum Rules and Review Guidelines, specifically,

Treat others with respect. Harassing, attacking, threatening, provoking, calling unwanted attention to, name-calling, insulting, or bothering other users, moderators, or Big Fish employees on the forums will not be tolerated. Play nice.

Do not respond to or comment on posts or discussions that break the rules. Report the post or discussion to a moderator. Contributing, even to mention that something breaks the rules, keeps that discussion visible and aggravates the problem.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you find that a post isn't adhering to the rules or guidelines, please PM a moderator. We will then look into this for you. We ask that the review threads be designated for Reviews Only and we thank players for their feedback so far.

Thank you for your understanding. Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

Not very smooth.

[Post New]by ElizabethR1533 on Oct 13, 15 4:14 AM
At first, I thought "whoppeee", a TM game! (Sadly lacking these days, and thanks for your complete and utter absence of any feedback on this, BF. I know you'll read this).

I found the game to be okay, at best. But reminds me of TM games from about 5 years ago, so seems a bit out of date.
The graphics are okay, the music was either on or off, as was the sound. No volume to control, so the music was turned off immediately for me, but that's true for 99% of games I play.
The actual concept of the game is fun, but the execution is okay at best. In fact, it's very clumsy at times.
You NEED the 2nd gardener asap, as this makes the game smoother, as you can get more than one flower ordered at once.
You can go from one task to another: eg You can click on the pot, then the bow, then the flower, then back to the customer, before it has finished one task. And it will do it in that order.

Agree with the above posters that the assistant is pointless, and useless!! In fact, I found them to be a hindrance!
I found, after trying different ways, toignore the assistant completely, and not use them at all. This way, they kept completely out of the way from the start and stayed out the way! Using the one person, the game went far more smoothly.....or as smooth as this game gets, as you can concentrate on one task after another, instead of twatting about with both people who just get in each others way.

The coins disappear quickly, so you have to click onto them asap, but at least your person doesn't have to walk over and pick them up. Some of the upgrades are more useful than other.

Overall, the game doesn't flow very well. With a few tweeks, it could have been better. I enjoyed-ish my free hour, but nothing more.

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on Oct 13, 15 4:38 PM
I used a free game coupon on this because it seemed better than a lot of the other non CE games coming through.

I gave up trying to use one of the other helpers. It confused me too much to try to remember who was serving whom. I still got 3 stars on most of the levels.

Not completely sold on this one. The game play is really stressful. The story got confusing. Then all of a sudden, the story was done but levels continued. Would have either preferred the story to continue or the game to be all time management.

If I hadn't had a coupon, I definitely wouldn't have spent money for this one.

goeash
Koi
Koi
83,226 Posts

[Post New]by goeash on Oct 14, 15 8:58 AM
Dreadful game - deleted after 15 minutes play.

georgiarealist
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by georgiarealist on Oct 14, 15 10:49 AM
sonofstar wrote:I used a free game coupon on this because it seemed better than a lot of the other non CE games coming through.

I gave up trying to use one of the other helpers. It confused me too much to try to remember who was serving whom. I still got 3 stars on most of the levels.

Not completely sold on this one. The game play is really stressful. The story got confusing. Then all of a sudden, the story was done but levels continued. Would have either preferred the story to continue or the game to be all time management.

If I hadn't had a coupon, I definitely wouldn't have spent money for this one.

Have to agree with you on everything. I've also given up on the "helpers" because it seemed to confuse the game when I tried to use one. At one point, neither of my people would deliver the flowers OR take them to the recycling bin so I could try again. It would be nice to be able to use them, especially to serve the unhappy customers, but it seems to be easier to concentrate on one person to do it all. I also used a punch card coupon to get this, so I suppose I can deal with it. Not one of the better games, though.

[Post New]by Sntfin on Nov 4, 15 10:48 AM
I like this game.
Tip: Dont buy last 2 desk places (2000 and 5000) Then you can play all levels with 3 stars.

Deeisme
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by Deeisme on Nov 30, 15 10:11 AM
Garden Shop is not my favorite game, by any means, but it is a cute little TM game that I can actually play and win. So many TM games run so fast that I loose over and over and I have to replay them, all the time, same levels. Garden Shop is a very simple game and not one that most TM people would like to buy. As far as I am concerned, I like this little game very much. I, also, have found that the other workers are not very handy....I can win at a level, much better, just using one worker. I like the fact of the coffee that speeds the worker up, I just wished the pace at which the worker sped would last longer. It is very good when you have more than one person grabbing the right flower, thereby speeding things up, a bit. All in all, I am happy I bought this game and it is one I will finish soon with all 3 stars. I will keep this game and months or years later, I can play it, yet, again.

Go to: