Please post any TECH ISSUES for Hidden Object :Home Makeover here

[Post New]by shelterhill on Oct 13, 15 12:37 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Note: just stepping in for Daxadillion who is moving house at the moment

Edited on 10/13/2015 at 7:26:40 AM PST

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Hidden Object :Home Makeover here

[Post New]by Valkara on Oct 13, 15 4:32 AM
Win 8.1, Firefox

The game froze right after I cleared the last cobweb. I had to completely reboot, as I could not exit from the game.

It worked the second time I tried, but this is not a good sign.

[Post New]by mellowtraumatic on Oct 13, 15 7:16 AM
I've noticed that in the match 3 mini games, the tiles don't like to switch at all. Sometimes it takes several seconds of repeated clicking to switch two tiles. Kind of makes it impossible to finish with a good time.

I'm running Win 7.

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Oct 13, 15 7:27 AM
Hi Everyone,

If there's trouble with getting Hidden Object: Home Makeover to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

Often, we can provide a known solution for technical issues in the Forums and some of our tech savvy pond residents may also swim by with good tips and suggestions. We're unable to provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team because the Forums are not well suited for the type of information-gathering and troubleshooting that's needed in order to correct issues of this nature.

If you're unable to get a game working properly using our Help pages or the tips posted here, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact Customer Support on the front page of our Help pages section.

Contacting Customer Support will help us to gather necessary information on what types of systems are being affected by the problem and to share this information with the developer in order to work towards a fix.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting Customer Support, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgWaimea

[Post New]by missislady on Oct 13, 15 7:46 AM
froze on level 14 match game and i had to reboot to exit twice.

cme550
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by cme550 on Oct 13, 15 8:44 AM
Playing on a PC with Windows 8, having issues with the Match 3 games. I cannot move any of the pieces. I skipped the first one but I hated losing that money. Same problem with the second one.

I've installed, restarted my computer and reinstalled the game. Still have the issue.

Edited on 10/13/2015 at 8:52:52 AM PST

bethy829
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by bethy829 on Oct 13, 15 1:44 PM
Major problems with this game, On my Windows 7 the match three game freezes up and have to use the task manager to get out. On my Windows Vista you can't move any of the match three pieces at all, only option is to skip it and lose the extra money . Not good because you really need that extra money or it will take forever to buy what you want for the house.... I also think Manor Memoirs by Playrix is a much better game.

siscokid
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by siscokid on Oct 13, 15 6:50 PM
Same here. Having tech issues with the match 3 games. Freeze up and cannot move the items to play. Glitch maybe? (Snort) Yup, that was sarcasm.....
Windows 7

Edited on 10/13/2015 at 7:01:16 PM PST

4mybirds4
Salmon
Salmon
2,663 Posts

[Post New]by 4mybirds4 on Oct 14, 15 12:21 AM
Game freezes up on me also, but it's not happening in the match 3, it happens when the game is changing screens. I get a message saying it's loading........ and nothing happens after that. I tried reinstalling and also starting a new profile. Still having the same problem.

[Post New]by leighannimal on Oct 14, 15 10:40 AM
Games freezes up on me, too. Stuck on loading screen for match game level 34. Tried to restart several times. Funny, this is right after I used game credit...Edit: playing on Windows 8.2

Edited on 10/15/2015 at 8:41:24 PM PST

[Post New]by hydrokitty on Oct 14, 15 12:19 PM
Just purchased this game. I'm using Chrome on Windows 8.1. I'm at the first match 3 and the tutorial won't stop. I tried to exit game and go back, but I cannot make tutorial stop and let me play. Any ideas?

[Post New]by linchriscow on Oct 14, 15 6:52 PM
Having the same problem with the game freezing on the second match three mini game. Glad I was on the free trial period and didn't buy the game. Hope there's an upgrade soon that fixes the problem cause I'd like to buy the game!

pammyg
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by pammyg on Oct 14, 15 10:33 PM
Game freezing have windows 7, screen just freezes, have re-installed but no luck,
any help would be appreciated

pammyg
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by pammyg on Oct 15, 15 1:05 AM
Will we hear back from someone about this game. Everyone is saying the same thing freezing and unplayable but no solution has been offered.
I have purchased the game and would like my money back as I cannot play it.
I was enjoying it but no good if you can't play it.
Someone please get back to me.

many thanks

pam

donnaknight10
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by donnaknight10 on Oct 15, 15 7:32 AM
add me to the list, freezes in match 3 mini game and by the look of it, doesn't matter what operating system your using, they all hate the match 3 mini game.

tinkz2007
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by tinkz2007 on Oct 15, 15 11:15 AM
I'm using windows 10 on PC and at level 19 the game freezes and I have to use task manager to get me out of the game - I have reinstalled the game and it still happens. Very frustrating and a waste of money if I cannot play this game. Not a happy customer at the moment

cmstarem
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by cmstarem on Oct 15, 15 7:30 PM
same here...freezes on the first match 3 game, it won't let me swap tiles. Windows 7

[Post New]by leighannimal on Oct 15, 15 8:45 PM
Well looks like this problem is on Windows 7, 8.1, 8.2, and 10. It appears to only involve the match game. So I would assume the problem isn't with our computers...it's with the game. Please let us know what is happening. Maybe a refund if there isn't going to be a fix?

Edited on 10/15/2015 at 8:45:16 PM PST

Collydoll
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Collydoll on Oct 16, 15 12:24 AM
Hi there
Im up to level 34 and the game screen goes black and doesn't load. Ive uninstalled and reinstalled the game but its still not working. I dont want to have to start from the beginning. Any assistance gratefully appreciated.

[Post New]by Fletchersmum on Oct 16, 15 3:41 AM
I am using Windows 10 - same issues as everyone else - is anyone out there listening
Complete waste of money, wish I had come to the forum first before buying!!

Go to: