Note ; just stepping in for Daxadillion who is moving house at the moment

Edited on 10/13/2015 at 7:26:46 AM PST

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Hidden Object: Home Makeover here

[Post New]by Valkara on Oct 13, 15 4:34 AM
This game seems to be trying to be a Playrix game and not succeeding. It uses the same kind of storyline - tidying up the house, buying improvements such as flooring, wallpaper, etc., and even has hidden coins.

So far, after 10 minutes, I'm not impressed.

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Oct 13, 15 7:27 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Hidden Object: Home Makeover here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, as do the developers as well as your fellow gamers. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Hidden Object: Home Makeover.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

[b]When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a s

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM any one of our Moderators.

bfgWaimea

cme550
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by cme550 on Oct 13, 15 8:11 AM
Not a fan of this game. I found it dull. It also seemed familiar, like I played it before - but it wasn't a Beta - I haven't done that in years.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Oct 13, 15 10:58 AM
Thought it looked familiar, and when I opened the game, I found the name I use for demos, etc., and found myself in the middle of the game. Then I realized I'd played it at least a year ago on another game site.

It was not a success.

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on Oct 13, 15 4:25 PM
cme550 wrote:Not a fan of this game. I found it dull. It also seemed familiar, like I played it before - but it wasn't a Beta - I haven't done that in years.

It's basically a ripoff of the far superior games that have fun, charismatic characters fixing up a garden, barn, and mansion.

Give me another game with Austin the Butler and I'd happily buy it.

This sad imitation... no.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Oct 13, 15 6:50 PM
Hello friends! I was looking forward to playing this game, since I love the Gardenscape, Dream Day series and Antique Road Show type games. This one isn't even close. Wow, what a major disappointment. Graphics were fine, as were the colors. Game play was good. However, the game was quite boring. You didn't have many items to find in each and the "furniture" you had to choose from was sparse and overly priced. Match 3 game was silly...only had to find ONE stamp to win! The music was monotonous and I couldn't wait to get out of the game. I lasted maybe 20 minutes and just couldn't make myself keep going.

This game feels and looks like a fairly old game. Even for a straight HOP it was boring. Not sure what's happening at BF these days, but we have been getting a lot of garbage for days and then they throw one or two fairly nice games in the mix. This wasn't one of them. No matter how much I may dislike a game, I try to find something positive about it, so I can recommend it for others. Not happening this time. Personally, I seriously doubt even a beginner would find this one fun. Definite no buy for me. That's the long and short of it.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may like this one. Thanks for the reviews.

NanaLoona
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
447 Posts

[Post New]by NanaLoona on Oct 15, 15 8:42 AM
I'm going to be the voice of dissent and say I liked this game. Is it the greatest ever, no, but it has been enjoyable to play.

Yes, the game play is similar to others mentioned before. It did have some different types of scenes, though, such as getting customers one at a time with a limited amount of time to find each object and scenes where you have to memorize objects for 15 seconds and then find them in the scene.

I don't know if we will have more rooms once the attic is completed, but I will keep playing to find out. The description says 12 scenes, but I don't know if that is the HOS scenes or scenes to decorate.

My only real quibble is the music. You only have the choice of on or off, you can't turn it down. So I have to minimize the game and turn down my computer's sound as the music is pretty loud and repetitive.

So try the demo if you are wondering if you will like it.

[Post New]by spencercat on Oct 16, 15 4:38 PM
Okay first of all the Match 3 game moves so slow that there is no way to win. Next, I have just finished the front porch and have no instructions whatsoever as to how to get to the next level, if there is one. I played until I got over $20,000 thinking it would let me buy the next room. Nothing. I don't know if this game is over, if it is not working properly or what. Does anyone have a clue?

Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by 1319 on Oct 17, 15 7:44 AM
Liked the different ways the hidden object part of the game was presented. However, as always, the choices for furnishing the room are sadly poor. Why can't someone go to a good furniture store and then develop a game like this. Gardenscapes mansion makeover was well done.

dorvisbunn
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

I don't like this game for many reasons.

[Post New]by dorvisbunn on Oct 27, 15 7:15 AM
Wow. This game is awful. The only sound is the creepy music. I never play games with music on so imagine my surprise when I turned the music off I found myself playing in silence. The match three is a lousy after thought and very short and limited. The game seems to consist of playing the same hidden object scenes over and over again. I think a young child might enjoy this game. I wish I had been made aware of this before my purchase. The demo had me believing that the game would have more rooms and levels to play not the same ones over and over again. I will delete this game and take the loss.

starrylyn
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by starrylyn on Nov 14, 15 10:46 AM
Graphics are good, idea is similar to others, but it would be nice to have more decoration options. Also, this may be a bit nit picky, but when you get to the end of the game and decide you want to play in either object picture mode (i.e. pic of pearl instead of text name "pearl") the names for the items you need to search for are really off. For example, the first alphabet for the letter A instead of the first letter of the alphabet. Horse to describe the knight chess piece. Lots more even stranger descriptions than these cause you to wonder what in the heck you are looking for.

Overall not challenging. Same rooms over and over again. Once you have finished the interior and get to the porch, you play the same room (not rooms) over and over again. Boring. Porch items are extremely expensive, and once you start playing the same room over and over and occasionally a match three to earn more $, it takes forever to purchase one item.

Rewards for the match 3 part with the stamps are skimpy, and even if you manage to get two or three stamps to drop,not much $ is rewarded in contrast to the amount of $ it costs to purchase an item for a room. Really $5000+ for a cat, $5600 for a dog, or $6200 or something like that for a rabbit??? There are chain bonuses for the room searches, but I would also like to see a bonus for "quick find" of objects. Maybe that is factored in and I didn't notice.

I have played games like this before when if you didn't like an item you had purchased, you could sell it back and then purchase something else provided you had enough cash from the sale plus the extra cash you had earned. Not so with this game. You have to outlay an incredible amount of cash on top of what you already bought the first time, i.e., wanted to replace sofa. Instead of just paying the difference from the original one since the one I wanted to purchase was more expensive, you have to outlay the entire amount of cash for the new item.

I usually love HOGs, except for the extremely repetitive ones, but this one is not interesting. They do add more items to the rooms as you progress so there are new ones to find, but these are also easy to remember where they are located. Wish I could say something positive about this. Glad I used one of my many game credits to purchase. I think I will try Gardenscapes Mansion.

Edited on 11/14/2015 at 10:47:58 AM PST

[Post New]by hydrokitty on Dec 3, 15 1:42 PM
I'm also a fan of the Gardenscapes and Dream Day games but this game is dreadful. At first it was fun until I realized that I saved all this money and wouldn't buy any of the choices if they were free!! My living room is disgusting and the grounds are getting worse by the day!! But my biggest complaint? WHEN DOES IT END???? I'm at level 258 now and I just want it to be over!!! Do I have to uninstall it to be done???

[Post New]by Hellokitty_6 on Jan 12, 16 5:25 PM
Sorry, but I have to agree with many of the other posts. There should have been more rooms, more choices of furnishings and the prices were pretty outrageous. It would have been nice to decorate a nice little baby nursery or some room like that. Also some more helpful advice, the choice of music is important. It can be very soothing and relaxing or it can be irritating.

Just one other thing, lets face it, even in our economy such a simple rocking chair wouldn't cost in the thousands of dollars

Hope these comments are helpful!

[Post New]by truckinpop11 on Jan 15, 16 10:42 AM
I am profoundly disappointed that this game was only two rooms yet full price. There are four rooms to search for treasures and two rooms to makeover. There isn't a HOME to makeover. A living room and a porch. It took me all of three hours to complete this game with no hope of continuing with further games, rooms or quests. Sadly, I rate this game as sub-par for Big Fish.

[Post New]by adelcremdar on Apr 25, 16 2:14 PM
It freezes up after a few minutes and there's no way to exit. Had to cad 2xs.

Go to: