bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Age Of Oracles: Tara`s Journey forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 24, 09 12:04 AM
Welcome to Age Of Oracles: Tara`s Journey forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Age Of Oracles: Tara`s Journey players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

Re:Welcome to Age Of Oracles: Tara`s Journey forum

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Sep 24, 09 1:15 AM
No review thread up yet so I'll write something here.

You know I can tell I'm enjoying a game when I don't want to pause play enough to come buy it. Lovely graphics, suuuuper pleasing voice acting (granted I'm an unabashed Anglophile ), pleasant music and at least for the 30 minutes I've played great gameplay encompassing both standard listed hidden object and return items to a scene. Add to that some standard mini-games (so far concentration and jigsaw) and some neat little inventory adventure puzzlers and I'm there, fishies!

Granted, it's a junk pile style, which I'm iffy on, but this ones not toooo bad, at least the objectslook as if they are in the scene, not just painted on. I'm hoping the minis evolve a little too, but as long as there's not too much repetition I'm ok with the classics. Oops, forgot to check if they were skippable. Hints are quickly refillable and no penalty for mis-clicks.

All you folks who freak out over tarot and pentagrams, this is not for you. I love it!

Anyway, 1/2 hour in an loving it, worth me

FairyonPegasus
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,501 Posts

[Post New]by FairyonPegasus on Sep 24, 09 1:31 AM
I just finished the 6th chapter the learned man and was booted out. I couldn't quit playing. The graphics on this one are wonderful. The puzzles are fairly easy, but they integrate into the storyline. It appears there are 22? chapters to the game So I'll have at least 3 more hours of fun with it. The hidden object you have to place back in the scenes as well as the ones you have to find are not so tiny you have to strain your eyes. The hint system replenishes quickly. I used it once to see how fast it would replenish, but haven't really had to use it so far. Plus, I can see playing this game again, and again. It's quite relaxing, which gives it a replay value for me. I'm really enjoying the story and the characters voices even the males are quite pleasant and fit with the characters. I'd give it an A+ so far.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Sep 24, 09 1:32 AM
Uninstalled after 8 minutes. Voice very annoying, graphics too fuzzy, finding objects too easy and the one minigame I did was ridiculously easy. Disappointing! And this is the first time I've felt differently from you poodlebear! Glad you are enjoying it!

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Sep 24, 09 1:45 AM
I loved this almost at once! I like the graphics, very pretty. Graphics are always a selling point with me. I have even bought a game or two I didn't like because of the pretty artwork - LOL!

The game play, although not difficult so far, is good. I like the different ways to play. First, return items to a monchrome scene which takes on color as you replace the items. Next, find a list of items, standard HOG play. I also had to move the curser around the scene to find "secret" items which might be combined to use on other items in the scene.

Poodle referred to this as a junkpile game and so it may be as there are many items in each scene. But, the items belong there. Some items, however, may seem to be hovering in space or in some way in an unnatural position. For the most part though, items are sensible to the scene and in sensible places and have not just been dumped from above to land in any place or position.

I just could not resist beautiful, colorful graphics and a variety of game play. I have only played one mini because i did not play very long before quitting to buy. The mini was a very simple jigsaw with few pieces.

This one gets 4 out of 5 stars ( because no game is perfect and I may change my mind later)!

besstan
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by besstan on Sep 24, 09 1:45 AM
i like this game it is diffrent yes mybe some of the things are easy but then i have only played 10 min i will buy this as i need something diffrent i lokked at the walkthrough and it seems to be a long game going by the chapters so 8 and 8 besstan

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Sep 24, 09 2:01 AM
I am thoroughly enjoying this one too. And I thank you, BF...I actually went to bed early yesterday and got up at 3 this morning and, voila, a new hog, and I have time to play it before going to back to bed at my regular time since I have to work tonight. This game is a total surprise, as I had done a search yesterday and couldn't find it anywhere. I love the whimsical quality, the graphics are lovely, the voices fit, and it is just different enough to be interesting.. Oh and everything Poodlebear said too, lol.

froggiefly
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by froggiefly on Sep 24, 09 2:52 AM
I guess I like it because I totally lost track of time and went through the demo time!! Finding out it has 22 chapters was amazing to me!! I have to wait for the developers to fix another game and I don't particularly like the repetitive match 3 so I was Hungry for a good ****. HERE it is!!! I Love everything about it!!
I still ahve not figured out how to put the thunbs so let me say 5 up!!!!!!

88blyth
Catfish
Catfish
1,705 Posts

[Post New]by 88blyth on Sep 24, 09 3:28 AM
hello fishies....really enjoying it so far and i have only played for 10 mins x x x

michelle_hdpc
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by michelle_hdpc on Sep 24, 09 3:28 PM
I have played for about 15 minutes. I do love the graphics but I wish all the scenes were in color. I is rather easy and the only mini game so far was an easy puzzle. Does anyone know how long it takes to play? I dont like to purchase a game to finish in under 1 hour after demo completed. I would recommend it to others for a non stressful game play

[Post New]by sdbrat on Sep 27, 09 10:43 AM
I ran into a couple of problems, but I'm not sure if it is the game or my computer. In the Emperor's room when i went to look for the lever for the statues mouth, I clicked on the window and a big chunk of the screen turned white. It happened in a couple of other places too. Anyone have a suggestion?

[Post New]by linda4134 on Sep 27, 09 10:30 PM
linda4134

how do you get through the lion puzzle. find the lead thing. i got 11 pipes done so far, but i am at a lose in getting the rest???

[Post New]by leo3535 on Oct 5, 09 7:02 PM
I THINK I will love this game, but can't get it to load properly. Seems I get through one scene, then the page goes white . Uninstall, reinstall, same thing. Now, after the 4th time installing it, the pointer won't pick up the objects????

Love everything else, just wish I could play !

[Post New]by briteredlips on Oct 6, 09 7:02 AM
Lovely little game! Beautiful graphics, generous hints. Nice story. Not a difficult game, but that is a nice change for me. This game is so easy on the eyes, you cannot help but to play it. Very worthy of my game credit. I have to give a great big Thumbs Up

[Post New]by briteredlips on Oct 6, 09 8:34 PM
Just finished this game! I loved it! If you enjoy the first half hour, you will totally love the whole game. Well worth your time and money!! Happy playing!

[Post New]by Karolea on Dec 14, 10 7:19 PM
Haven't finished the game yet, but I love it. Just finished making the leash for the lion from the grass "pipes". I found it very easy once I decided to start from the end pipe and work backward to the beginning pipe. It went really easy. Can't wait to do more but sleep is calling. Catch up with you all tomorrow. By the way, Happy Holidays to all gamers!

Go to: