Note: just stepping in for Daxadillion who is moving house at the moment

Edited on 10/14/2015 at 6:21:01 AM PST

gamblebug
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Save Halloween: City of Witches here

[Post New]by gamblebug on Oct 14, 15 1:56 AM
I don't like either one of the games today. I do have a coupon that expires the 15th.So frist one to contact me can have it

[Post New]by miss_marigold11 on Oct 14, 15 6:21 AM
This is a nice, colorful match 3 game with some interesting sidelines. Not as difficult as some are, at least so far. Full screen, non-intrusive music, relaxed mode if you choose and worth the price if you just want to play a relaxing gentle game. I like the fact that the tokens or pickables change with each level, makes it more interesting than those that are the same over and over with each level. Easy to tell apart too which in some match 3 they are not.

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Oct 14, 15 6:21 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Save Halloween: City of Witches here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, as do the developers as well as your fellow gamers. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Save Halloween: City of Witches.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM any one of our Moderators.

bfgWaimea

[Post New]by muddydrive on Oct 14, 15 7:16 AM
how can you say its a hidden object game when it is NOT. The only hidden objects were the keys in the beginning.

NanaLoona
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
447 Posts

[Post New]by NanaLoona on Oct 14, 15 9:19 AM
I have found a new game for my granddaughters and me to play! I really enjoyed the half hour I played and bought it immediately.

There is a really good review on the game page which tells about the game mechanics, so I won't repeat all that. I'll just say that it seems to have a lot of different elements and I found it very enjoyable. The levels do seem to get harder and I haven't figured out the star system yet.

It has been a long time since I bought a new match 3 and I'm glad I found this game.

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Oct 14, 15 12:56 PM
This is turning out to be a great Halloween have been wanting a fun M3, and who doesn't like, brains, bloody eyeballs, bloody knives...YIPEE!!

I thought this was a very well done M3, the graphics are AWESOME, creepy and just down right, SPOOKTACULAR ...lol.
They are bright, crisp and very detailed, which I just LOVE, especially with a Halloween theme, and there are 2 HO scenes to play, in the demo, so I am sure, more will be revealed, as the game progresses.

I just found the game play, very enjoyable, it does get harder, but there is a relaxed mode, that I chose, because I don't like to feel rushed, THANKS developers, always LOVE, having this option
If you like M3 games, you should at least try it, I am very picky about my M3 games, but found this one, a real TREAT .
I got my, Trick or Treat: 2, HO game, and now my M3, so I am a very happy fishie, to have my favorite Halloween games to play !!

Teach496
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by Teach496 on Oct 14, 15 1:28 PM
I would appreciate any suggestions in getting rid of the spiders. I just can't see the solution.
Thanks for any help

NanaLoona
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
447 Posts

[Post New]by NanaLoona on Oct 14, 15 2:39 PM
Teach496 wrote:I would appreciate any suggestions in getting rid of the spiders. I just can't see the solution.
Thanks for any help

You get rid of spiders by making a match right next to them, either to the side, above or below. When you get to the ghosts, you eliminate them the same way.

Now if someone can please explain the star system, I would appreciate it!

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Oct 14, 15 2:51 PM
I do love my M-3 -- plus this one is holiday-themed. I'm all over it!

It has a choice of Timed or Relaxed. Plus you can switch back and forth in options without having to start a new profile.

Yes, you do earn stars in Relaxed mode. I had no trouble in the demo earning 3 stars on every level as I tested the Relaxed mode. Does it drop to 1 or 2 on some levels if there aren't enough combo shots or other performance-related goals? Won't know til I've played alot more of it. But even in the demo it's easy to see that combo plays are highly valued. So even though I don't always like the stress of the timer, I love finding the strategy to win with 3 stars and earn all the awards.

Tiles are generously sized, board action is smooth, and players can make matches before board settles. It might appear that boards are tiny and without challenge, but don't be fooled. The boards 'open up' as you continue to clear tiles. Obstacles are typical of the genre so generally speaking just making matches near obstacles clears them. However, for certain ones it may take one of the pumpkins or crosses or other 'spawning' bonuses that appear as you make combos.

If you enjoy trophies (and I do), there are 3 levels for many of them. The artwork is quite colorful. As with Spooky Bonus, you decorate the haunted house and yard with the gold you earn.

Classifying it in the Hidden Object category? Not much in the way of HOS, so if that's what you seek to find, this is not it.

But if you want a cheerful, colorful, and slightly spooky Halloween M-3, this is worth giving an hour for a full demo. You might also find there's more to it than initially meets the eye. It's a buy for me.

KBEAR2045
Minnow
Minnow
280 Posts

[Post New]by KBEAR2045 on Oct 14, 15 8:22 PM
I am loving this game even if it was misnamed as a Hidden Object game. In fact I am thrilled that it is a cute, wonderful Match 3 game. I bought it with my PCC and glad I did. My only question is does anyone know how many levels there are? In the game description it says there are 9 locations but that really doesn't tell me how many levels (in all) there are. Thanks in advance and thank you developers for a great Halloween game!

[Post New]by debutaunt100 on Oct 18, 15 4:03 PM
IT WAS LISTED AND STILL IS AS A HIDDEN OBJECT GAME YOU GOT ME FIX IT PLEASE

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Nov 25, 15 9:36 AM
What an enjoyable match 3 game. Halloween or not, it was a blast to play. Played both as timed and relaxed and found the game fun on both levels. Never could get all winged pumpkins but did manage to get all 3 stars on the timed level.

At first I couldn't figure out the scoring. If I beat the time for each level, I could not get 3 stars...sometimes only 1 and if I got 3 stars I could only beat the time for each level occasionally. Then "duh", I realized getting 3 stars was a whole different strategy so I settled on that since it was much easier than beating the level time. The level time and stars are on both relaxed and timed, its just you have to beat the timer on the timed level which isn't hard. Clear as mud huh? Oh well, I enjoyed the heck out of this game. 100 levels of really fun gameplay.

For those sensitive to "devil" issues, probably not a good game for you. Graphics, sound, color and animations were superb. Loved decorating the haunted house. All around a definite 5 out of 5 for me. Very addicting....so be prepared.

Edited on 11/25/2015 at 9:37:31 AM PST

Go to: