Please post any TECH ISSUES for Save Halloween: City of Witches here

[Post New]by shelterhill on Oct 14, 15 12:37 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Note: just stepping in for Daxadillion who is moving house at the moment

Edited on 10/14/2015 at 6:20:55 AM PST

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Save Halloween: City of Witches here

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Oct 14, 15 6:21 AM
Hi Everyone,

If there's trouble with getting Save Halloween: City of Witches to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

Often, we can provide a known solution for technical issues in the Forums and some of our tech savvy pond residents may also swim by with good tips and suggestions. We're unable to provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team because the Forums are not well suited for the type of information-gathering and troubleshooting that's needed in order to correct issues of this nature.

If you're unable to get a game working properly using our Help pages or the tips posted here, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact Customer Support on the front page of our Help pages section.

Contacting Customer Support will help us to gather necessary information on what types of systems are being affected by the problem and to share this information with the developer in order to work towards a fix.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting Customer Support, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgWaimea

Poof11
Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

[Post New]by Poof11 on Oct 14, 15 12:33 PM
The game isn't playing right. On level 4 I had cleared the objective at the same time that the timer ran out. It let me move forward but kept pointing to level 4 as though it needed to be completed but would not let me replay it. On level 8...with the ghosts...?...You needed to clear all of the gold and silver tiles which I did but the game continued on as though I had not completed the objective, so I kept running out of time unable to get the level to finish. Maybe I missed something but not sure. I replayed that level 4 times. Quit the game after that.
Also, I'm not sure if the quickclick logo is supposed to be a blurr and all broken up. It almost looks as though the game is going to be jumbled but when you click through it, it continues on to a clear page. Graphics card, etc just updated a few hours ago. Win7 64bit.

Sidney420
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Sidney420 on Oct 15, 15 9:09 AM
I had the same issue when I was playing the trial game; but when I bought it; (only because all the other reviews were having no problems); I was able to play through it. Now the same thing is happening on level 64; the map is stuck on that level; but when I hit to play; the next level is played. I hope they fix this; it's a great game otherwise. Windows 7

[Post New]by deebrake on Oct 17, 15 9:39 AM
I am also having problems with the level indicators on the map. It is frozen at Level 57, but I am playing levels in the 80s. It is very disconcerting because I have no idea where I am on the map or what I will encounter. I have already played through several events without knowing what was actually there on the map. This problem with the indicators not advancing creates another problem for me--if I want to replay a level after I've entered the map area, it cannot be done. If I want to improve the score (although I can't review it), this cannot be accomplished.

I have tried exiting and reentering the game, restarting my pc, etc., but nothing has corrected the problem. At one point, the screen was black for over 5 minutes!

Spooky Bonus knockoff or not, I enjoy this game and would like to continue playing without the frustration of a locked map.

Thanks.

[Post New]by deebrake on Oct 17, 15 12:23 PM
Hello, again. I just encountered another problem with this game--Level 86 does NOT expand so I am stuck with over 60 tiles to clear that just aren't there! I've tried restarting the level in case it was just a quirk, but, no, the field does not expand and so you cannot finish the level!!! HELP! We need a patch for this game, and soon. I used a game credit to purchase it and would like to be able to actually play the game. I purchased the PC version.

[Post New]by bombay2 on Oct 17, 15 3:08 PM
The game won't let me play past level 57. It's stuck!!! I have played level 57 over and over again. Anyone else have the same issue???

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Oct 17, 15 8:50 PM
deebrake wrote:I am also having problems with the level indicators on the map. It is frozen at Level 57, but I am playing levels in the 80s. It is very disconcerting because I have no idea where I am on the map or what I will encounter. I have already played through several events without knowing what was actually there on the map. This problem with the indicators not advancing creates another problem for me--if I want to replay a level after I've entered the map area, it cannot be done. If I want to improve the score (although I can't review it), this cannot be accomplished.

I have tried exiting and reentering the game, restarting my pc, etc., but nothing has corrected the problem. At one point, the screen was black for over 5 minutes!

Spooky Bonus knockoff or not, I enjoy this game and would like to continue playing without the frustration of a locked map.

Thanks.

I am having the same problem, although different levels are involved. This evening I developed an additional problem - every time I try to play level 85, I get an access violation error message. Tried rebooting and got the same result. Unfortunately I now cannot progress beyond this point.

Sidney420
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Sidney420 on Oct 17, 15 8:57 PM
I am having the same issue; stuck on level 57; even after I clear all the tiles. I have reentered the game several times hoping this would help, but nothing changes.
I don't understand why we post to this "tech issues" site and don't get any response back.
I have windows 7.

salad3
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by salad3 on Oct 19, 15 12:07 AM
I'm on level 63, and for some reason the game is now running in super slow motion. Everything else -cursor, map, menu,TIMER- all work normally, but the game itself is impossible to play.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Oct 19, 15 9:45 AM
salad3 wrote:I'm on level 63, and for some reason the game is now running in super slow motion. Everything else -cursor, map, menu,TIMER- all work normally, but the game itself is impossible to play.

This happened to me several times. Quitting the game and rebooting my computer fixed it. I think that background programs running on your computer may affect this game, so rebooting and starting up the game right away may help. I can't promise it will work for you, but it's worth a try.

[Post New]by sharmanlott on Oct 21, 15 6:54 AM
Also stuck on level 86. How frustrating to get so far in the game and either can't finish or have to start over again. Come on Big Fish, this tech issue should be easy to correct. I can't tell you how many games I have purchased and have been unable to finish. I have been with Big Fish for many years and in the beginning they were great in fixing problems. Now, seems like they don't care. I am using a PC window 7, please, please fix this so I can finish.

elboranch
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by elboranch on Oct 21, 15 9:52 AM
Yep ! Stuck on a level, finish the level but keeps going ! There are no more gold or silver tiles to remove but it says time out and have to do it again ! Have closed game and come back but no help !!! I really enjoy this game but want to advance ! I am playing it in timed mode, but it sounds like problems in either mode ? Hope there is a fix !

Edited on 10/21/2015 at 9:53:07 AM PST

[Post New]by getamoveon on Oct 21, 15 10:11 AM
deebrake wrote:Hello, again. I just encountered another problem with this game--Level 86 does NOT expand so I am stuck with over 60 tiles to clear that just aren't there! I've tried restarting the level in case it was just a quirk, but, no, the field does not expand and so you cannot finish the level!!! HELP! We need a patch for this game, and soon. I used a game credit to purchase it and would like to be able to actually play the game. I purchased the PC version.

I too can not get pass 86. The tiles do not show up. I have played this game about 6 times with a restart of computer and game hoping will change. It does not. Problem is every time it makes you replay it takes your money. I purchased the PC version also. Help please.

kimbalion3
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by kimbalion3 on Oct 21, 15 10:07 PM
I too am stuck on level 86. I sent a question to customer service and all I got was redirected here on the boards (like I hadn't already done that) or some generic ways to fix it. I don't see them responding to any of these issues. I asked for my credit back, but honestly I would rather the game just get fixed! It's a fun little game.

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Oct 22, 15 1:05 AM
The "weirdness" started happening for me at level 31; I completed it just fine, but got a "out of time" message (and I wasn't out of time - had tons left). Could not restart the level, but can continue to hit "play" (at the moment) to advance. However as I now advance, pumpkins are not illuminating on the path and I also seem to not be able to buy any more power-ups. Also just realized that I cannot replay any earlier levels. Crap. Another buggy game that I spent hard-earned money on that will probably never be fixed.

[Post New]by liverpoolsquatte on Oct 22, 15 10:43 AM
Obviously level 86 is a big problem, same as the pumpkins not lighting up. Hope they fix them soon, quite like to carry on with this game.

linda43416
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by linda43416 on Oct 22, 15 11:32 AM
operating with windows 10. Having same issue with level 86. there are not as many tiles to break as they list. Either game needs a keyhole to expand or we are missing some secret click to open rest of the boxes or game is broke! also all my pumpkins say I made 3 stars when I know I didn't! good problem-right? They all light up though. Can't proceed in game without a fix to this issue. Nice game, lots of fun! Please fix?

I watched a video on another site looking for a solution. On there was a big monster in the middle and a bomb or something came from top left and exploded him and opened the gameboard. I think the monster might be missing.

I am using a pc. Now I also have the real slows as well as the other issues. Same level and it moves very very slow! Hope to see a fix soon, really enjoy playing this game. also pumpkin says level53 and game page says level 86.

Edited on 10/23/2015 at 10:39:41 AM PST

[Post New]by coffeemom2 on Oct 22, 15 11:37 AM
kgustavson wrote:The "weirdness" started happening for me at level 31;

I think that was it for me, too. I realized I was earning crowns here and there, but they were not showing up on the pumpkins and then when I tried to go back to the level to replay or check it, it wouldn't let me replay them. Once it said I was out of time, but would not let me replay the level even though I had not finished it.

I also think it's "selling" me the same ornaments over and over, unless there are upgrades to them. For instance, I already bought the cross ornament, but it was offered again a few levels later. I bought it just to see what would happen and basically, nothing. My old cross lit up for a minute, but that was it. Same with a few other items.

I am enjoying this game otherwise and hope that I don't get any more of the glitches that are being reported, particularly Level 86.

Aaaaaand, I just noticed that none of my pumpkins are lighting up past Level 31. I am playing on Level 44. I didn't notice the Level number on the pumpkins at first, which is maybe why I didn't see a crown on my last completed level. It didn't light up.

Edited on 10/22/2015 at 12:46:08 PM PST

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Oct 22, 15 3:50 PM
salad3 wrote:I'm on level 63, and for some reason the game is now running in super slow motion. Everything else -cursor, map, menu,TIMER- all work normally, but the game itself is impossible to play.

Everything you said is Ditto for me except its happening on level 62.

Go to: