bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Chimeras: The Signs of Prophecy Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Oct 15, 15 12:29 AM
Elephant Games, the studio that brought you Haunted Hotel and Hallowed Legends series, warns you to prepare for the end of the world in the next thrilling chapter of Chimeras!

A dark shadow falls over the city of Munich during a solar eclipse, causing a chain of supernatural events and shocking murders. The police are baffled and need your help to solve the crimes. But another darker force is at work, and there are whispers of a secret society. A fortune teller warns of a mysterious wanderer who holds the key to the city's fate. She claims you're the one who will guide his path. Your choices will have consequences! Will you cause its destruction, or will you raise it from the ashes? Find out in this heart-pounding hidden-object puzzle adventure!

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

Re:Chimeras: The Signs of Prophecy Collector's Edition

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Oct 15, 15 1:36 AM
For me, no need for long reviews. It's very obvious from my history....that I'm a huge fan of E L E P H A N T games!!!! I make no secret about my love affair with them. And have no shame...no matter what the majority side with.

I Love this game!! It's absolutely fantastic! It has everything I want in a game and more. Love the story line/graphics/animation/and most of all...It has...some of the best voice over acting! IMO

If your not a fan of this Developer...I implore you to try the demo. It's worth your time...and I think this one might change your opinion for this great game.

Thank you to the great artist and talents who created this beauty of a game. This is a winner!

It's a buy for me and I hope so many other's...will enjoy it...just as much as I do!

Lisa

rainworm
Herring
Herring
360 Posts

[Post New]by rainworm on Oct 15, 15 4:11 AM
Great game. I have the first one of this (by now) series and loved it, so it is nice to have this 2nd Chimera today.

Will of course buy the CE, but will wait for a better sale. I have both offered games in this sale as CEs, so these bundle sales never do anything for me.

smokey735
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by smokey735 on Oct 16, 15 1:11 AM
I am also a fan of Elephant games the developers are the best. Just love the game. Try it.

Edited on 10/16/2015 at 1:24:54 AM PST

alowan
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by alowan on Oct 16, 15 12:55 PM
Please tell me, fellow Fishies, has Elephant continued their recent practice of dumbing down the puzzles?

They are still by far my favorite Dev, except...

I used to be enough of aTrunknose (I made that up!) to buy all their games without playing the demo. But the puzzles (especially the jigsaw type) used to be a lot more challenging.

If I have a torn up document to restore, or a broken mirror to fix, or (even worse) a plain jigsaw puzzle... It's not a puzzle if all I have to do is click on a piece and it drops into place. Nor is a nine-piece jigsaw puzzle challenging. (That's 4 corners, 4 side pieces, and one middle piece!)

It's a bit more challenging if you have to actually place the pieces, but most of that challenge is removed by giving us outlines of the pieces. That's a grade or two above "Put the round stick in the round hole, and the square stick in the square hole;" maybe from Kindergarten to 2nd?

Can you tell I love Jigsaws?

I'll admit that there are a few puzzle types that I enjoy in their dumbed-down state, but that's because I can't do them at all otherwise. If the moves have to be planned out beyond 3 steps, I'm lost. And I'm sure that the people who can do them, and enjoy that skill, could write a similar diatribe to the above.

However, none of the above reduces the odds that I will buy this game!

Go to: