Please post your REVIEWS for Chimeras: The Signs of Prophecy Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by shelterhill on Oct 15, 15 12:39 AM
A thread for your reviews

Note: just stepping in for Daxadillion who is moving house at the moment

Edited on 10/15/2015 at 6:34:11 AM PST

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Chimeras: The Signs of Prophecy Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Oct 15, 15 3:44 AM
There's not a great deal to say about this game; one Elephant game plays much the same as every other one, so if you're a fan of this developer no doubt you will love it.
For me it was predictable to the point of being insultingly easy; one slider-type mini-game provided a small challenge but otherwise the rest were simple to complete. The HOS were nothing special either; mostly list type or silhouettes. If there was an alternative to the HOS I didn't notice it.

The graphics were very nice and the collectibles not overly easy to find. The jump map showed available tasks. I didn't look at the SG, didn't need to.

But my biggest gripe about this game and the most likely reason I won't go for the SE is the voices. You are supposed to be in Munich. You were contacted by someone called Wolfgang, which I assume is not a common name in the U.S.A. So why does everyone, including the local policeman, have an American accent?? The game is set in Germany; for crying out loud do try and use an appropriate accent here and there

Not a buy for me; too predictable and the inappropriate voice-overs were the last straw. I had no technical issues with the demo (played about 45 mins before I was too bored to carry on). Desktop running Win7 Prof 64bit.

ETA: There are some that find my opinion about the lack of a German accent in a game set in Germany something to criticise, even though other reviewers have made the same observation. I thought I could voice an opinion without someone trying to belittle it. Obviously not.

And I am currently playing the latest 'Off The Record', which is set in Devonshire. The developer has at least made the effort to give the characters English accents. Otherwise why bother setting a game in any particular country at all?

Edited on 10/16/2015 at 1:25:22 AM PST

Scottie12
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Chimeras: The Signs of Prophecy Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Scottie12 on Oct 15, 15 5:13 AM
it's only a game and a good one. Does it really matter that there are no German accents!

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Oct 15, 15 5:17 AM
find also it is too predictable and easy and short! under 5 hours for the whole game and without hurry! just average for me even if well done!
accents don't matter me for ...i am french!

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Oct 15, 15 6:38 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Chimeras: The Signs of Prophecy Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Chimeras: The Signs of Prophecy Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

gwenofala
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by gwenofala on Oct 15, 15 7:35 AM
Oh Elephant Games you had me at the first puzzle ! Sliders right from the start ! I love sliders ! I love the morphing collectables an other collectables ! The graphics are awesome !! I played the demo and it went by way to fast ! I was disappointed when it finished Since it's payday I will splurge on myself and buy this game . It's easy yes but hey I love easy ! I work nights and when I get home in the mornings I don't like a game that works my brain too hard I haven't even opened the SG so far and I like that ! I have also enjoyed the other puzzles too ! I'm off to buy and play it the rest of the morning since I'm off tonight . This one looks like a keeper to me to replay over and over ! Thank you Elephant Games and Big Fish Games for another awesome game !!!

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Oct 15, 15 8:15 AM

Edited on 10/20/2015 at 9:33:21 AM PST

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Oct 15, 15 8:39 AM
[Removed by Moderator]
What was the point in setting the game in Munich and giving people German names if their voices sound as though they're from the United States? May as well have set the game somewhere in America. Even the supposed 'local policeman' has an American accent

Poor effort from the developer.

Edited on 10/20/2015 at 9:56:37 AM PST

cabanaeast18
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by cabanaeast18 on Oct 15, 15 11:33 AM
Elephant games have beautiful graphics and I really like the story. It may not make a game, but I agree about the voiceovers. With the care to create a game, nowadays, why aren't there appropriate vos for the country in which they take place? Also, there was vertually no music, except for hos. For me, the music sets and contines the mood throughout the game. It takes more for me to purchase a game today.

janey1806
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by janey1806 on Oct 15, 15 12:19 PM
Agree with angelfish106. The game was way too predictable. No effort was made in getting any kind of german accent, and there was hardly any music. I also got bored after 45 mins. Its a shame because I loved the first Chimeras game.

rainworm
Herring
Herring
360 Posts

[Post New]by rainworm on Oct 15, 15 1:32 PM
It is a very good game. Ok, not too long, but long enough in my eyes. There are games, where I am longing for the end finally to come!

[Removed by Moderator]

For me the lacking of accents just doesn't matter at all. There are gorgious graphics, good puzzles, HOGs of course, collectables, that even I love (mostly I don't) and a good story - for me just a good CE.

Edited on 10/20/2015 at 10:34:16 AM PST

smokey735
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by smokey735 on Oct 16, 15 1:32 AM
[Removed by Moderator] It is the game game that matters. It is a very good game from the best developers. I just love it. (sorry i am not good at English)

Edited on 10/20/2015 at 11:09:40 AM PST

sfr8rfan
Guppy
Guppy
196 Posts

[Post New]by sfr8rfan on Oct 17, 15 12:57 AM
Part 1 of 3
CHIMERAS: THE SIGNS OF PROPHECY

This review is based on the one-hour trial. I played on a Mac Book Pro utilizing operating system 10.9.5.

I'll remove any speculation now and tell you I'm going to recommend this game. It's not a bad game. 3 out of 5 stars is not a bad review. In fact, according to the star system, it means "It was OK." (FYI: 4 of 5 means "I Liked it" and 5 of 5 means "I LOVED it.") Alas, I did not…BUT I didn't dislike it either.

Signs of Prophecy is exactly what many gamers will love: fast-paced action; a lot of inventory items, several of which are + objects requiring other items or more actions to complete them; several collectible items; morphing items; and, very approachable mini-games and HOS.

The hour-long trial was fun. At other times in my playing history, I’d likely have given this game 4, or even, 5 stars. Today I look for story-driven games I can sink my teeth into and this is not an example of one.

FUN FACTOR: Who doesn’t like successfully completing a bunch of mini-games and breezing through several HOS, every once in a while? Not every game has to be ponderous and this one is not. On several levels it’s just good, unadulterated fun.

VISUAL/SOUND QUALITY
What you see:
This game lacks the clear and precise drawings of some of today's standout games and series. In some games I actually have to think for a moment whether or not I'm looking at a real person or a drawn and animated character. The thought didn’t cross my mind as I played this. The characters are not at all realistic and you’ll never wonder if they’re human or drawings.

There is a dark ambience to the game…because the early scenes are all at dusk/night time. That doesn’t make this game eerie. It is not remotely eerie.

To be continued....

sfr8rfan
Guppy
Guppy
196 Posts

[Post New]by sfr8rfan on Oct 17, 15 12:59 AM
Part 2 of 3
What you hear:
The game is set in Munich, Germany yet except for a fortune-teller near the beginning of the game, every voice actor speaks idiomatic English with no trace of a foreign accent. I’ve yet to hear a European tourist, facile with English, say “ain’t.” In this game, presumed citizens of Munich say the word “ain’t.” To me this is sloppy direction or development or something….Whatever or whoever is responsible, it’s not good.

The sound track music is forgettable. I recall at one point it is very compelling, urgent and scary. When the action warrants it, this is the point that a soundtrack becomes an important part of the game. Sadly, this game is never “chilling.” There are no “goosies” as J-Lo puts it. Consequently, that urgent, scary soundtrack moment is lost in a forgettable script.

LEVEL OF CHALLENGE
HOS: All very straightforward. You will not struggle to find the items. There are “interactive” hidden objects but these, too, present no challenge. You will not struggle.

Mini-Games: Very, very easy. THEY WERE FUN…and sometimes it’s great to get through a game without a hiccup…just power through, completing task after task, game after game. You can do that here.

Morphing Items/Chimeras: YAY!! The cursor does not change to a hand while hovering over morphing items or “chimeras.” In this game Elephant Games bucks the trend of giving away a feature we pay a lot of money for when we buy a CE rather than an SE. So, a big shout out for “keeping it real.”
To be continued....

sfr8rfan
Guppy
Guppy
196 Posts

[Post New]by sfr8rfan on Oct 17, 15 1:00 AM
Part 3 of 3
STORYLINE:
As I wrote earlier, this is a game that you can power through. That means moving quickly from task to task rather than contemplating what’s happening and seeing how this HOS or that mini-game really fills in the storyline and at the same time pushes it forward.

Yes, there’s a clearly stated “story.” At no point, though, is the story compelling for me. In fact, I would say that the story serves as way to present what would otherwise be unrelated HOS and mini-games.

AS A COLLECTOR’S EDITION:
*There are collectibles and morphing items.

*There are the typical “who cares?” non-“bling” items which are part and parcel of every CE.

*There is a strategy guide that I did not consult. I’m sure it’s more than adequate.

*There are achievements. (I always complain that achievements are really nothing more than the result of regular game-play…and that we are always trying to do it perfectly and quickly. I guess at some point I should devise an achievement that I really think is worthy, since I spend so much time complaining!!!)

*There is a bonus chapter. Of course, I didn’t get far enough to play it. Since, in my opinion, the story isn’t the central purpose of this game, I can’t imagine that either an alternative ending or a prequel chapter will be anything more than another vehicle for presenting HOS and mini-games.

CONCLUSION:
As I wrote at the beginning, I think this is an OK game and if you’re looking for fast action with straightforward HOS and mini-games, this is PERFECT. If you like morphing items and collectibles, achievements and a strategy guide, then this is PERFECT FOR YOU…and you get bonus game play with the additional chapter. So, go for it!

Also as I wrote at the beginning, if you’re looking for something to really sink your teeth into (and a game that’s really driven by the storyline), then this is probably not for you. It’s not for me, but that doesn’t make it bad.

If this game seems the least bit intriguing to you, DEFNITELY play the trial hour. You will see what this game is and you’ll know what it isn’t before the trial clock reaches 0:00.

Dudesmum
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by Dudesmum on Oct 17, 15 3:02 AM

Edited on 10/20/2015 at 11:46:08 AM PST

[Post New]by nontechiegrannie on Oct 17, 15 2:16 PM
Boring, dreadful graphics/music & wooden one dimensional characters. VO sound a little contrived. The HOS/mini-games are basic & very simple. Collectibles, morphing objects & achievements are there & as usual not very interesting. Just seems like they were thrown in as an after thought.
Storyline is a rehashed tale of baddies trying to take over (what else is new?) & using an icky three headed beast to move things along...double yuck!!!
Do yourself a favor & try the demo before buying. I don't even think this is worth a SE buy.

gryhndlvr
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by gryhndlvr on Oct 18, 15 6:20 AM
Of course everyone has different opinions about games since we all have different personalities.
I absolutely love the graphics and the story. However all the comments about the game length prevents me from buying it. I am a sucker for longer games. Other than that I would have bought it already.
Super clear graphics and realistic colors, especially the shading..Love this developer! No painted images like ERS does it.
I am not putting ERS down, but I do not enjoy their style.

As for the accents, I could not care less. If you read a book, there are no accents either.
Who cares...... Oh and yes, I am German!

[Removed by Moderator]

Edited on 10/20/2015 at 12:50:10 PM PST

Meganthedog
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by Meganthedog on Oct 18, 15 8:27 AM

Edited on 10/20/2015 at 12:53:34 PM PST

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Chimeras: The Signs of Prophecy Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by jennsmom on Oct 18, 15 11:24 AM

Edited on 10/20/2015 at 1:06:57 PM PST

Go to: