Lilac13
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

turning off spider expansion?

[Post New]by Lilac13 on Oct 15, 15 1:02 AM
Anyone know if you can turn off the spiders taking over? I'm disabled, play on relaxed and have a difficult time playing fast and often enough near the spiders to keep them from expanding. If not for this, I'd buy the game. I remember in newest Fishdom where you can turn off the expanding oil and bombs which made it workable for me. Thanks

Re:turning off spider expansion?

[Post New]by mamabee1 on Oct 15, 15 6:41 AM
I am wondering the same thing. I loved the game till I got to level 7. I have played the level several times and I can see no way that you can get to level 8. It seems impossible. I can,t understand why they would make a game like this that you cannot play this level. I bought the game but now I wish I hadn,t. It would have been perfect if not for the spiders. Let me know if there is any way to get rid of the spiders. Thank you.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 15, 15 6:50 PM
Unfortunately, you can't turn them off. For those gamers who have problems moving their fingers fast enough, this will be a real challenge. Although I don't have a problem with the spider webs, I am not thrilled to see them expanding so rapidly.

[Post New]by nuthatch555 on Oct 17, 15 1:31 PM
I too loved the game until level 7
How is it possible to get any matches over to the spider side?
Played for way over an hour using hammer one gold square at a time.
I am sorry I purchased the game

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 17, 15 6:29 PM
I am now close to level 30. I only had to repeat one level, the one where the right side had spiders but not the left side. I concentrated too much on the left side, and forgot to make matches, not over, but next to them.

Just click on the "menu" button, and click on "restart", and the level will start again.

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Oct 19, 15 2:00 PM
Valdy is right, I had to " restart " the same level, once I did that, I than used my power-ups, right away, because I still didn't have matches next to the spiders.
But after I used my power-ups, than I was able to make matches, and clear the spiders away....hope this helps.

I didn't understand exactly what I was suppose to do at first on this level, and was a little frustrated, but don't give up, once you restart and clear this level, than I didn't have anymore levels, that was like this, or gave me trouble to clear, so its not like the entire game is this way.
There are more levels, with spiders, but they are not hard to clear, and I am pretty close to the end of the game, GOOD LUCK ...don't give up, remember to restart the level, if you get stuck, it worked for me .

tyyllls
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by tyyllls on Oct 20, 15 9:54 AM
I don't like the expanding spiders ( or expanding anythings in games) much either, but on untimed mode, they only spread one square after you make a move that is not a match by them. It gives you time to plot the 'kill' better, tho they have gotten away from me a few times and I started the level over. Don't forget to use power ups too.

[Post New]by coffeemom2 on Oct 23, 15 6:26 AM
I'm finding it much easier to deal with the spiders first, before you start clearing tiles for your goal. They are confined until you release them by making a match next to them. Take one section at a time and "kill" all of them before you release them in a different section. Once they are all gone, they don't return and you can concentrate on your goal without having to worry about them expanding.

[Post New]by merrymagic on Oct 23, 15 10:59 AM
Try using your broom to whisk them away! Lots of fun!

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Oct 24, 15 10:45 AM
merrymagic wrote:Try using your broom to whisk them away! Lots of fun!

That little broom is my favorite power-up ever!

I carefully make matches on the board, without releasing any spiders, until the broom has charged several times and I can sweep away all the spiders before they even get loose. Then I finish the level. Of course, if you are playing timed or trying to beat the "best time", then this won't work for you. If you're playing relaxed, though, it works very well.

Lilac13
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

[Post New]by Lilac13 on Nov 5, 15 10:43 PM
I took a chance and got game w/ PCC. Some of the levels were quite difficult due to rapid spider/ghost expansion but I was able to play thru end of game. Won't be able to get all achievements even by replaying levels but it was possible to play thru.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Nov 6, 15 4:52 PM
Glad you were able to get through it, Lilac13! Congrats!

I won't be getting all the trophies, either, but I was able to finish and I really liked this game, in spite of some playability issues.

urban1a
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by urban1a on Nov 7, 15 8:03 PM
Well, I got to level 60 but I don't think I'll be able to finish. They just come too fast for me.

Bob

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Nov 7, 15 10:47 PM
Bob, whenever they got away from me I went to the menu and restarted the level. Between using the broom and doing that, I was able to get through all the levels. Don't know if that will help you or not, but if you're patient, you'll eventually get past the spider levels. Some of the other power-ups wipe out spiders, too.

For some reason the ghosts didn't cause me as many problems as the spiders. Even when they got out of control, I was usually able to still win.

maxbridge
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

SLOWING SPIDERS

[Post New]by maxbridge on Nov 28, 15 7:13 PM
Thanks to the BFG player who mentioned it somewhere, but by going to the untimed version I actually found this game a lot more fun. The spiders only increased one per move and it gave me time to strategise. It was also possible to get three stars on every level. (although not crown and wings).
I had been about to give up at level 19 as I couldn't get 3 stars on it, and my arm was starting to ache with the effort and speed required, it was taking all the fun away.
I have switched to untimed, and it is a lot more pleasurable (well for me anyway) - pressure is off, the spiders increase in a manageable way, and I can actually enjoy the graphics and story.
If players are thinking of giving up, give the untimed version a go, some of you won't want to give up the speed challenge, but for many players it will make all the difference I think.
It is still a great game this way and well worth buying.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Nov 29, 15 2:06 PM
I agree it's a lot more fun untimed! And the nice thing is, you can still earn the crown and wings, while playing untimed. I know that makes little sense, but even playing in untimed mode, you will earn the crown and wings if you beat the "best time" that is listed.

I played the whole game earning 3 stars on every level, and now I'm working on getting the crown and wings for every level. Even if you don't earn 3 stars when you earn the crown and wings, you get to keep the 3 star rating that you earned before.

Go to: