begwood1
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
442 Posts

Fall Daily Quest Strategy Help

[Post New]by begwood1 on Oct 15, 15 4:50 PM
I'm sure I'm not the only one who's getting four or five quests every day from Jack the pumpkin dude where I need to spin the fortune wheel. What I wonder is, what's the rational amount to spend on these quests before it's not worth it? Given that you get coins and so many other goodies from the quests, and you can't progress to the next one until you complete the current quest ... what's the most you'll spend?

It doesn't help that my wheel has been full of complete junk since the event started, so there's nothing good there to win (is that true for anyone else?).

Jackie34918
Flounder
Flounder
2,054 Posts

Re:Fall Daily Quest Strategy Help

[Post New]by Jackie34918 on Oct 15, 15 4:55 PM
To date the most that has been asked is to spin the wheel twice. So it shouldn't cost you too much.

General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,726 Posts

Fall Daily Quest Strategy Help

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on Oct 15, 15 6:34 PM
begwood1 wrote:I'm sure I'm not the only one who's getting four or five quests every day from Jack the pumpkin dude where I need to spin the fortune wheel. What I wonder is, what's the rational amount to spend on these quests before it's not worth it? Given that you get coins and so many other goodies from the quests, and you can't progress to the next one until you complete the current quest ... what's the most you'll spend?

It doesn't help that my wheel has been full of complete junk since the event started, so there's nothing good there to win (is that true for anyone else?).

Yea...to keep that quest cheap as possible...just don't spin till asked.......unless a "splurg" wheel is on......you know...three crafts...or eggs and a craft or eggs......I spin my hiney off with those.....been known to blow 50K at the drop of a hat.......don't go there much....but when the wheel has bank i do too.... **D@NgeR** out

LvlSlgr
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by LvlSlgr on Oct 15, 15 6:36 PM
I've been paying to spin the wheel a few extra times even when it's not needed since the Fall Event started. Why? Because they've got some good things on it. I mean crafted items which may be worth up to 2,000 coins. Of course, I've got plenty of coins which makes it easier, but I've found it's been worth it.

Rahia
Catfish
Catfish
1,507 Posts

[Post New]by Rahia on Oct 15, 15 6:41 PM
I'm like our dear General, I don't mind spending in when there is something worthwhile on the wheel. Yesterday alone I spent nearly 10k just trying to get the egg that was on the wheel to drop. Okay, okay..so I got it on the first try but I thought.. "Ohh, achievement! I can get three easy if it's spinning like that!" I was wrong! However, if there is only HOS items (like today) I wait with the Halloween quests and use my free spin plus 100 coins. After that I won't go beyond the 300 mark. I was lucky and got 4 unique stamps. I didn't push my luck after that.

If it's worth it and you have the coin, go for it but if you are saving coins, skip them if you want. Of course that means waiting until midnight but better than nothing.

General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,726 Posts

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on Oct 15, 15 6:46 PM
Rahia wrote:I'm like our dear General, I don't mind spending in when there is something worthwhile on the wheel. Yesterday alone I spent nearly 10k just trying to get the egg that was on the wheel to drop. Okay, okay..so I got it on the first try but I thought.. "Ohh, achievement! I can get three easy if it's spinning like that!" I was wrong! However, if there is only HOS items (like today) I wait with the Halloween quests and use my free spin plus 100 coins. After that I won't go beyond the 300 mark. I was lucky and got 4 unique stamps. I didn't push my luck after that.

If it's worth it and you have the coin, go for it but if you are saving coins, skip them if you want. Of course that means waiting until midnight but better than nothing.

Awsome!!!!!.....you rawk...as usual.......your the Castle Master...your advice has been monumental....to keeping me mental/sane.....and having a BLAST all the while....dig your insights and always take heed to your words.... cheers **D**

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Oct 15, 15 6:53 PM
So far, my daily quests have not asked for the wheel of fortune until toward the end of the day.....then it comes up about every other quest. Each time, it asks you to spin the wheel 2x.....so far, I have had to spin it 6x and have gotten zilch other than stamps, crystal balls, and pet food......AND THERE IS AN EGG ON THIS WHEEL!!!!!!

I also find that nearly every quest asks for the gummy eyeballs......I have absolutely none of those little darlin's and a boat load of the other stuff. Eventually they fall from the sky, but only on rare occasions.

But, as far as strategy is concerned.....I do not do the airships or the fortune wheel until I have met all the other requirements. Frequently, it is also asking for those gummy eyeballs and since I have none, I have no idea when they will actually fall from the sky. The quests reset at midnight......don't want to use precious airships or spend money on the wheel and have it washed down the drain because I cannot get any more of those dreadful gummy eyeballs!

So far, this is the first wheel that has anything decent (the egg -- only for the achievement because I have all the pets)........usually, I just do the minimum asked for.....but tonight..... I......will.......have......that.......egg!!! before the wheel resets...I will let you know what it ends up costing when I have it.

Edited on 10/15/2015 at 7:01:03 PM PST

General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,726 Posts

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on Oct 15, 15 7:00 PM
Annelliegram wrote:So far, my daily quests have not asked for the wheel of fortune until toward the end of the day.....then it comes up about every other quest. Each time, it asks you to spin the wheel 2x.....so far, I have had to spin it 6x and have gotten zilch other than stamps, crystal balls, and pet food......AND THERE IS AN EGG ON THIS WHEEL!!!!!!

I also find that nearly every quest asks for the gummy eyeballs......I have absolutely none of those little darlin's and a boat load of the other stuff. Eventually they fall from the sky, but only on rare occasions.

Other than the quests......is there any other purpose for the gummies?.....just wndrn.... **D**

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Oct 15, 15 7:02 PM
Think the only purpose is to get through the quest to get the real goodies needed......frames, bat wings, candle ends, rabbit paws, pilgrim hats, black feathers.

General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,726 Posts

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on Oct 15, 15 7:07 PM
Annelliegram wrote:Think the only purpose is to get through the quest to get the real goodies needed......frames, bat wings, candle ends, rabbit paws, pilgrim hats, black feathers.

That is what I saw thus far too...thank you for your help...**D**

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Oct 15, 15 7:29 PM
My rare items seem to rotate. First, needed the orange candies and everything else was falling like raindrops. Then suddenly I couldn't get any of the gingerbread men. Now the gummy eyeballs are driving me crazy. At least they've spread it around this time.

begwood1
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
442 Posts

[Post New]by begwood1 on Oct 15, 15 7:54 PM
I just find that if I do the Pumpkin Jack quests religiously, I end up being asked to spin the wheel twice A LOT. I think three times so far today. I wish I had eggs and other goodies on my wheel! I wouldn't mind blowing the money then.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Oct 15, 15 8:26 PM
Annelliegram wrote:So far, this is the first wheel that has anything decent (the egg -- only for the achievement because I have all the pets)........usually, I just do the minimum asked for.....but tonight..... I......will.......have......that.......egg!!! before the wheel resets...I will let you know what it ends up costing when I have it.

Egg retrieved.....7,800 coins.....was an Owl egg....sold it for 1,800, so a net loss of 6,000 coins......

And this is the first wheel that has had ANYTHING worth spinning for at all...usually just a bunch of junk.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Oct 15, 15 8:27 PM
And, so far, I have had 5 quests out of 6 that have sent me to the fortune wheel for 2 spins.

Beckster5569
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by Beckster5569 on Oct 15, 15 8:32 PM
If you spin your wheel until it costs so much that you are uncomfortable paying for it anymore, just remember that if you decide not to do the Pumpkin Jack requests right away, you are really not losing anything. You can still play the HOS and collect items for the quest. Then when midnight comes and Pumpkin Jack resets you may not need to spin the wheel with his new request. If you do still need the wheel, just wait for it to reset. You can then continue with the Pumpkin Jack requests until you use all the items you have been collecting. I just did four or five in a row, just accept then complete.

Another thing about the wheel, if the quest asks you to spin it twice, and you get a star or a free spin again on your second spin, you don't have to take those right away. Just wait until Pumpkin Jack sends you back to the wheel again. One caution, I am not sure if the free spins will carry over when your wheel resets, so make sure you use them before time for your wheel to reset!

Have fun in the castle!!!
Beckster

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Oct 15, 15 9:22 PM
Something else about the wheel that was posted in another thread.......say you have your dream wheel (it has an egg on it and one of the crafted items in the laboratory) and you have spun until you have a large coin request for additional spins.....

1. Look at when your wheel resets.
2. Open your wheel just before that reset time ----and leave it open until after the reset time.
3. The wheel coin amount will reset, but the wheel itself will not reset until you close it and reopen it.

So, you get additional chances for the goodies at a lower coinage. However, the catch is....when you close the wheel and it resets to other stuff...the coin request for additional spins does not reset. So you start the new wheel off with high coin requests if you have spun multiple times.....and the new wheel may also be a "dream wheel" ------ never happened to me, but there is always hope!

begwood1
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
442 Posts

[Post New]by begwood1 on Oct 15, 15 9:59 PM
OOOH, that is a super-helpful tip! I didn't know that you could leave it open and keep the same goodies when the amount resets. Of course, mine is full of garbage right now, but maybe there will eventually be something good ...

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Oct 15, 15 10:05 PM
begwood1 wrote:OOOH, that is a super-helpful tip! I didn't know that you could leave it open and keep the same goodies when the amount resets. Of course, mine is full of garbage right now, but maybe there will eventually be something good ...

Well, just read it in a post to one of the threads.....have not actually TESTED it myself.

Trolden
Minnow
Minnow
240 Posts

[Post New]by Trolden on Oct 16, 15 12:01 AM
For me its worth it, even had to call the airship back a few times as the daily quest demanded I send it. The quest also rewards a nice chest each time with a good chance of diamonds in it.
I work full time so my playtime is Limited and as I would like 1-3 of those new halloween pets I need to get as many dailies done as possible.

I have also accumilated LOTS off gold during this event so a few spins on the Wheel I hardly notice.

dw1457
Herring
Herring
301 Posts

[Post New]by dw1457 on Oct 16, 15 10:00 AM
Another thing to keep in mind in terms of crafted items on the wheel is how much they cost to craft-not just how much they sell for.

I remember the work alarm being on my wheel-can't remember how much it sells for, but I DO remember it cost 7,000 to craft. I think I spent about 1400 before I got it-which was a savings of 5600 when I needed it for my quest.

Of course it still depends on how many coins you've got to splurge.

Dawn

Go to: