Please post any TECH ISSUES for Forgotten Tales: Day of the Dead here

[Post New]by shelterhill on Oct 16, 15 12:44 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Note: just stepping in for Daxadillion who is moving house at the moment

Edited on 10/16/2015 at 2:28:11 PM PST

KYLAK
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Forgotten Tales: Day of the Dead here

[Post New]by KYLAK on Oct 16, 15 5:26 AM
Just curious to see if I am doing something wrong, but the keys will not unlock the locks. Is there another way?

[Post New]by justwondering on Oct 16, 15 6:17 AM
hi KYLAK, I was having the same problem. I kept trying to put the key in the key hole on the lock and it would not work. I went back in and tried clicking on the lock, but not on the key hole but above it on the handle part. It worked and then I had no problem after that just had to go near the card and it worked. Hope this helps.

sue

KYLAK
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by KYLAK on Oct 16, 15 8:29 AM
Thank you. I'll try that.

KYLAK
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by KYLAK on Oct 16, 15 8:37 AM
Well, not sure what is going on. I tried clicking everywhere but no luck unlocking the locks. Oh well.

[Post New]by bsilas0101 on Oct 16, 15 9:11 AM
When I get to level 21, the game freezes after the first of three rounds. I still have cards on the deck, but it will not advance to round 2. I have replayed/restarted the level several times and always with the same result.

[Post New]by Little_Jimmy on Oct 16, 15 10:10 AM
Hey! Just have finished the third chapter. Until now everything went really well.
The key and lock worked fine. You just need to click on the key card (it goes to your mouse cursor) and then click on the lock (any place on the lock should work).
Great game btw!

[Post New]by CezarW on Oct 16, 15 11:53 AM
Hey Devilscut, I’m the game’s Dev. Could you please let me know in which screen it happens (wont continue to next level). Is it in the Map screen? Does the tombstone show to you? Is the Play button available? I would love to help you, just need more information.

gsdogs
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by gsdogs on Oct 16, 15 12:28 PM
Chapter 4 click on key mouse picked it up but will not open lock I don't think there is a spot on card I didn't hit To bad was enjoying but no buy if I can't play it

[Post New]by CezarW on Oct 16, 15 1:07 PM
Hey guys, I have made a video that shows how the Key-Lock works. Please let me know if it helps you.

https://youtu.be/_rsN2aLGxvw

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Oct 16, 15 1:21 PM
I wasn't able to use the key on a locked card until set the option for window-mode. It's most definitely a display resolution problem. Hope they fix it soon.

Edited on 10/16/2015 at 1:23:34 PM PST

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Oct 16, 15 2:28 PM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgLianorm

[Post New]by bemusednlv on Oct 16, 15 5:35 PM
On level 39 I can't get past game 1. After finishing game 1 it does not go on to game 2.

krinneyd
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by krinneyd on Oct 16, 15 11:14 PM
okay so a few times the game has quit continuing on to the next level after I removed all the cards on the screen....then it would just stop. I tried to go out to the map and come back and it would reset the level. This wasn't so bad when I had enough money to just rebuy all the items I used to clear the level, but after 4 times of this happening at levels 21, 38, one other I can't remember and finally level 72...where I ran out of money and 5 times I tried to go out and come back and the level would reset. Do you how hard it is to get 5 clubs in a row!??? I'm down to 102 dollars and you can't buy anything with that. but every time (5 times in a row) I would get the 5 clubs and clear the cards it would just stop....no new set of cards for the next level. I can't go further and don't want to if it keeps freezing. This is not an easy game....I don't want to restart after getting level 72. At least not today. I am using pc windows 10. It seems this is an issue for quite a few players. Please fix. I am relatively new to the solitaire games, this is my 3rd purchase and was enjoying them until this.

Rbnhall6
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Rbnhall6 on Oct 16, 15 11:27 PM
All I get is a black screen. I can hear the music and there is no error floating around when something like this happened before. Is there any help? Sincerely Robin Hall

[Post New]by coachman on Oct 17, 15 2:41 AM
bsilas0101 wrote:When I get to level 21, the game freezes after the first of three rounds. I still have cards on the deck, but it will not advance to round 2. I have replayed/restarted the level several times and always with the same result.

Try opening the task book bottom right hand corner every time it flashes, this should solve your problem.

Edited on 10/17/2015 at 2:44:16 AM PST

[Post New]by coachman on Oct 17, 15 2:49 AM
krinneyd wrote:okay so a few times the game has quit continuing on to the next level after I removed all the cards on the screen....then it would just stop. I tried to go out to the map and come back and it would reset the level. This wasn't so bad when I had enough money to just rebuy all the items I used to clear the level, but after 4 times of this happening at levels 21, 38, one other I can't remember and finally level 72...where I ran out of money and 5 times I tried to go out and come back and the level would reset. Do you how hard it is to get 5 clubs in a row!??? I'm down to 102 dollars and you can't buy anything with that. but every time (5 times in a row) I would get the 5 clubs and clear the cards it would just stop....no new set of cards for the next level. I can't go further and don't want to if it keeps freezing. This is not an easy game....I don't want to restart after getting level 72. At least not today. I am using pc windows 10. It seems this is an issue for quite a few players. Please fix. I am relatively new to the solitaire games, this is my 3rd purchase and was enjoying them until this.

My wife had same problem, I found that if you open task book bottom right hand corner every time it flashes to tell you a task is complete solves the problem & the game plays fine.

amen123
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by amen123 on Oct 17, 15 8:52 AM
I'm having the same issues on Level 21. Have been constantly trying for over an hour, after I purchased the game. Clicked on the Book, to no avail. Asking for a credit back as I see that it happens on Level 39 and then on the other levels. I buy and play games to ALLEVIATE my frustration, not add to it. Too bad as it is really a fun game.

[Post New]by goldenpixie1 on Oct 17, 15 6:09 PM
Windows 7

I'm finding that when you use the key power up to unlock the extra draw pile - if you run out of matches, you cannot turn a card over from the face down pile. The game doesn't give you any notice that there are no matches or that you've lost or anything. Only choice is to go out to the main menu and start the level over.

Was it designed to do this or am I supposed to be able to turn over a face down card once there are two face up piles?

norry02
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by norry02 on Oct 18, 15 4:31 AM
Game plays great until Level 41 on Round 1 of 3. The first time you play the level the game runs thru like it should. The glitch occurs when you don't get the achievements (4 spades in a row and clear the cards). When I get to the end of the round with all cards cleared from the board, the game doesn't end. I have tried turning over all remaining cards and nothing. The book doesn't appear because the system is not recognizing that the board is cleared. In order to play the level again I have to exit the game completely and then go back in. It will then let me play thru all 3 rounds of the level but again, if I don't get the achievement and start again it freezes up and won't let me proceed past round 1 of 3 unless I close out the game and come back in.

Go to: