Note: just stepping in for Daxadillion who is moving house at the moment

Edited on 10/16/2015 at 2:27:35 PM PST

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Forgotten Tales: Day of the Dead here

[Post New]by saphhire on Oct 16, 15 1:44 PM
This game could of been better made if dev played this before releasing. Game loads way to slow between chapters. Can someone please tell me why we need ingredients when we have no use for them? I don't like the fact that you lose all your boosters either. Why give them.........................in other words we have to use or lose

The game does play well(but slow)
nice and bright
nice layout
key well I had some problem with them sometimes just clicked lock and key went for it other times had to pick up key and go to a certain lock(when more then one on board)I couldn't pick the lock I wanted to open(which is fair)
game is just a bit to easy only had to replay 2 chapters in trial.
when I have a credit that is expiring then I'll purchase this game...............
GOOD LUCK FISHIES

Edited on 10/16/2015 at 1:44:57 PM PST

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Oct 16, 15 2:27 PM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Forgotten Tales: Day of the Dead here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Forgotten Tales: Day of the Dead.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgLianorm

mrm2006
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by mrm2006 on Oct 16, 15 2:35 PM
Seeing the title, I immediately thought "wow .... great name for a HOWL-a-ween game" (yeah, HOWLAWEEN ... I went there). . The first thing I discovered was it's NOT a Hidden Object Game. Why the name of the game would take me to THAT place, I have no idea. It's actually a solitaire game! Wooo-hooo. LOVE solitaire games.

The storyline is sooooo cute and believeable! Cute couple ..... married on the Day of the Dead ............ so, of COURSE one of the dead would carry her a-w-aaaaaaa-y!

Graphics amazing! Music ..... creepy halloweenie music! Turned voices down but I'm sure they're great too.

It's a typical hi-low solitaire game with lots of fresh, new and innovative "extras" to make the game fun and fresh and entertaining (bombs, fires, etc.). I was quite confused as to how to get the 'list of ingredients' indicated at the start of the game. Again, shades of a hidden object game. It was right before the demo ended when I figured it out ..... I think. And, then there were teddy bears and lollipops and candy to be found ............ and I 'lost it' again.

On one hand, it's a calming, easy solitaire game to relax with. On the other hand, it's a hunt and find game played with cards. Then, on the third hand (ok...just give it to me here) it's a confusing mix that makes no sense. This game's success and entertainment value is placed entirely upon each individual player's outlook of its complexity. That means YOU will have to play the demo and figure out WHICH category you're in and if the game is right for you. So .....................

ENJOY!

Pickles77
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by Pickles77 on Oct 17, 15 3:35 AM
One word..............FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!! I think this is the BEST solitaire game that I have ever played, even better than Fairway, in my opinion, that is ....this is a game that actually makes you think in the tasks that you need to do....simply amazing!! I have not lost any of my boosters, as one player said happened. The graphics are colourful, love that I can change the card face and I can actually see them! I have played other solitaire games where the cards are too small.....Thanks so much, BFG and Developers. for bringing such a wonderful gem to us...and Developers of this game, MORE LIKE THIS PLEASE!!!! Kudos!!!

lemarmot
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

level 38

[Post New]by lemarmot on Oct 17, 15 5:03 PM
has any one been able to get past this level 38 - it requires a run of 4 hearts

I've tried for a long long time

can you give me a tip, please

Janice
on Vancouver Island

4mybirds4
Salmon
Salmon
2,663 Posts

level 38

[Post New]by 4mybirds4 on Oct 19, 15 10:17 AM
lemarmot wrote:has any one been able to get past this level 38 - it requires a run of 4 hearts

Janice
on Vancouver Island

Buy Joker cards and use them on any Heart cards, they will count towards your run of Hearts.

lemarmot
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

level 38

[Post New]by lemarmot on Oct 21, 15 7:23 PM
4mybirds4 wrote:
lemarmot wrote:has any one been able to get past this level 38 - it requires a run of 4 hearts

Janice
on Vancouver Island

Buy Joker cards and use them on any Heart cards, they will count towards your run of Hearts.

thanks so much - I hadn't noticed that you could buy stuff - so now I'm on my way

loving this game, but sometimes frustrating

at Level 87 now, so it's close to the big finish

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Oct 23, 15 7:27 PM
This was a fun game.

I didn't have any problems playing this game.

One thing I did find out, is that you can repeat any game in any level. This came in handy when I needed to purchase "helper" cards. By playing games 1-5 again, I was always able to build up my "purchasing dollars". Once I had enough, I went back to the level that I was actually playing and was then able to purchase more helper cards.

shepherdmoon
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by shepherdmoon on Oct 25, 15 5:27 PM
LOOOVE it! This game is unique among its kind.

Not your same-old-same-old solitaire game at all, here. This one is innovative--so many things I haven't seen anywhere else. The first unique aspect that caught my attention is that each deck you get is given to you for *3* games, not one. This makes it more important to make sure you don't waste your moves and save some cards for later. It adds strategy to a game that is typically rather brainless (not that that's bad--it can be soothing to just click high/low/high/low... but it can get old).

Also, there are power-ups and special cards that I haven't seen elsewhere, and it can take some strategy to determine when to use them. For instance, there is a bomb card that will appear on the board that you can set off by clicking it, and that will destroy all surrounding cards. Should you do it?? Depends... do you need those cards? Might be bad to destroy them... you have to think about it. Clever developers.

There is a story too, and the graphics are pleasing. I recommend the game.

lemarmot
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

finished game

[Post New]by lemarmot on Nov 3, 15 12:38 PM
has anyone ever really finished this game?

I've been struggling away at level 95, but still loving it

I think I know what to do - go back to other levels to gain more purchasing powers ... then I think I have enough at 1600 ... spend it at level 95 and fail again

back to lower levels ... it's addictive

how are you all doing?

Go to: