snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

What an update -- new Passport

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Oct 16, 15 6:20 AM
If you haven't received today's update, you must do so. The new passport feature
Will take some time to get use to but appears to be very helpful and does give a bonanza of gold coins. Let's hear your opinions on the new interface.

I think it will help new users.

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

What an update -- new Passport

[Post New]by eli173 on Oct 16, 15 7:43 AM
snowmanvt wrote:If you haven't received today's update, you must do so. The new passport feature
Will take some time to get use to but appears to be very helpful and does give a bonanza of gold coins. Let's hear your opinions on the new interface.

I think it will help new users.

Is this for android? I don't see any mod posts about an update in any platform.

In any case, they obviously don't care at all about PCs, which not only have they left far behind the other platforms, but they haven't even bothered to fix glitches that prevent people from playing...or create a program that will allow them to replenish resources/pass levels for us, like they have done for the other platforms! I know that PCs are currently not prime targets in this market, but as this is a relatively new game, I wonder why they released a PC version at all, given that they do not intend to keep it updated at a reasonable pace!!!

Edited on 10/16/2015 at 7:50:31 AM PST

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

Re:What an update -- new Passport

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Oct 16, 15 12:24 PM
What update? I am on iPad and see nothing.

snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Oct 16, 15 12:50 PM
It was on my Android Google nexus tablet. However, when I went to use my Android
Samsung 5 phone I got a message that the update was not ready yet for the phone
and I should only use the tablet until the phone update is ready because the two devices won't sync. I am very happy with the new Passport feature which shows each city and your progress. It is very cool as is the new geographical interface.

snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Oct 16, 15 1:06 PM
WOW. Here is a BIG change. On my daily scratch ticket I got a new boost. It looked like a blue passport with a plane on it. I searched and found I have 810 travel points and a message that says with enough travel points soon you will be able to travel to a city before completing the current one. Anyone else see this?

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Oct 16, 15 6:17 PM
Just got my scratch ticket, no passport there just blue hats which I didn't need! Still no mention anywhere else of an upgrade?

Ton1782gc
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Ton1782gc on Oct 17, 15 7:10 AM
I have the update also and it is indeed a Big change but a good one.

Sportspaz1449
Minnow
Minnow
294 Posts

[Post New]by Sportspaz1449 on Oct 17, 15 9:21 AM
Ton1782gc wrote:I have the update also and it is indeed a Big change but a good one.

Hi Ton1782gc! Could you tell us what country you received this passport?! I am in London, and so far.....nuttin'! Lol....
Thanks!

[Post New]by snowmanvt1 on Oct 17, 15 9:23 AM
The passport which shows up as an icon on the side of the game screen has a page for each city in GD. It shows your progress in every city and gives you extra rewards as you progress. You can travel to cities you have completed, but not accomplished all levels thru the passport. It is very cool.
The travel vouchers will also be a great addition and let you go to a new city before finishing the one you are on. When I first opened the passport I received about 500 coins for all the cities I gad completed
I am on Shanghai.

snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Oct 17, 15 1:44 PM
Duh? GD= Gummy Drop.

Ton1782gc
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Ton1782gc on Oct 18, 15 5:00 AM
Sportspaz1449 wrote:
Ton1782gc wrote:I have the update also and it is indeed a Big change but a good one.

Hi Ton1782gc! Could you tell us what country you received this passport?! I am in London, and so far.....nuttin'! Lol....
Thanks!

I have got it when I was started Budapest!

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Oct 18, 15 12:20 PM
I am in Shanghai, still no passport or mention of an update so what is happening please BFG

Capedcat
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by Capedcat on Oct 18, 15 8:01 PM
Yea, BFG Forum mods,
What up?

Sportspaz1449
Minnow
Minnow
294 Posts

[Post New]by Sportspaz1449 on Oct 19, 15 6:36 PM
Ton1782gc wrote:
Sportspaz1449 wrote:

Thanks!

I have got it when I was started Budapest!

Thank you Ton1782gc.

Sportspaz1449
Minnow
Minnow
294 Posts

[Post New]by Sportspaz1449 on Oct 20, 15 1:03 AM
snowmanvt wrote:Duh? GD= Gummy Drop.

No need to be rude snowmanvt, I was just asking, as there are many types of abbreviations in games.....
Thank you...

[Post New]by snowmanvt1 on Oct 20, 15 11:20 AM
Sorry. Didn't mean to upset you. Sometimes humor doesn't
translate well. Hope you got the update. It finally came thru
on my phone yoo.

[Post New]by bfgGlithui on Oct 20, 15 1:31 PM
Hi everyone!

Yes, the Passport is indeed a fun new feature in the next update. The update is gradually getting released to all users, but don't worry! It's coming soon and will be released for all players in the near future so everyone will be able to enjoy it.

The moderation team posts announcements about mobile updates after they've been officially released for Gummy Drop!, so once it's officially released on iOS and Android, it will be announced in their designated announcement threads:

Update available for Gummy Drop! (iOS) September 27, 2015

Update Available for Gummy Drop! Android, September 14, 2015

(The dates that are displayed in the titles are for when the last official updates for these platforms were released).

eli173, I apologize that the updates for PC seem to be coming out more slowly than the mobile version. Since the mobile and PC platforms are separate from each other, the PC version of the game has to be tested in a PC environment since the game was originally designed for the mobile platform.

If you're running into a technical issue with the game, please reach out to our Tech Support Team so they can troubleshoot further with you.

I hope that helps! If you still have questions, please PM one of the moderators.

bfgGlithui

Sportspaz1449
Minnow
Minnow
294 Posts

[Post New]by Sportspaz1449 on Oct 20, 15 5:00 PM
snowmanvt1 wrote:Sorry. Didn't mean to upset you. Sometimes humor doesn't
translate well. Hope you got the update. It finally came thru
on my phone yoo.

No worries snowmanvt1, I understand how things can come across in the written word as opposed to the spoken ones,as it has happened to probably everyone! and I do apologize too. Thank you....
We are one big, happy family here snowmanvt, and I hope to remain as such with you.
And, may I ask a dorky question? As I play on a laptop, I haven't seen, (or quite possibly must wait for,) the update that brigs forth the passport. And I typically am very sharp at noticing things! (Lol) as I am technically a nerd/geek when it comes to the PC! However, I feel silly in not knowing exactly where to look for such update! Is it in the right side, where the green explanation point blinks when showing our goals? ALSO, does one HAVE to complete EVERY possible thing in each level? ie: where the gummy dudes offer one the opportunity to gather "extra," and every type of gummy, such as the bricks etc.? Or just every numbered level.and all 3 of each?
As I am disabled, and on a very fixed income~but feel very Blessed to have an income,~and simply cannot afford to pay for the "extra gummy dude offerings!"
I VERY MUCH DO APPRECIATE YOUR ANSWER(S).
And one last ?~is there a certain city in which this passport appears? I just reread where you had mentioned that you had received your passport through the Lottery Ticket, that's why I was curious as to where you were in the game~meaning, where you were in the world! (I mean which city!) Lol....
I am in London, and having a difficult time in gathering the blue board hats! So, am doing my best to pass levels, and redoing each and every level that has them. Where/what city were you in when you received your passport? and was there ANYTHING that showed you that it was available? (Can you tell that I am excited and anxiously awaiting for a sign, and to receive it!)
Any help will be so very appreciated.....And also, "THANK YOU" for reading this, and I look very much forward to your reply.
Thanks again my fellow (family fishy member) <3
And I wish you a wonderful day/evening/night~wherever you reside on this wonderful Earth!
Sportspaz1449~aka: Steph....

Edited on 10/20/2015 at 7:53:46 PM PST

snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Oct 22, 15 10:00 AM
Sorry to be so slow to respond but I am currently on vacation in Ireland and quite busy.
When you get the update, it doesn't matter what city you are in. The passport shows all cities in the game. You can't miss it- the update will open to the passport and give you rewards. I have no idea why I was chosen for an early update.

As to resources, hang in there. Eventually you will reach Rome 87 which will meet your dreams as it gives tons of all three resources and is almost impossible to lose. Play it and go back to it over and over. Use the resources to buy green gems with the drill you built in Tokyo, use to buy coins every 24 hours or send to another city. Gems and coins transfer to your current city. It takes patience but Rome 87 will let you advance without spending anymore real money. Good Luck.

famvir3
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by famvir3 on Oct 22, 15 11:54 AM
Love the new passport! It adds several more layers to the game. You immediately get what appears to be 100 coins for every city you've passed. I am in LA, so I received 1100 coins. Plus a whole bunch of various boosts for who knows what reason. It was just a windfall!

Then there are additional surprises. You get a bunch of coins when you complete all Intern levels for a city, more and more coins for completed architect and master levels.

You can also "complete" a city when you have purchased all helping hands, resource factories and ports. But this costs mega coins, I think it would cost me 3000 coins+ to buy things I don't need, but I'd be curious to see what the prize is for a completed city.

Bottom line, malidetz, Gummy Drop programmers. You listened, and everything is terrific! You improved a great game 100 percent.

Go to: