Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Dark Romance 3: The Swan Sonata Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Oct 17, 15 12:33 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 10/17/2015 at 7:51:57 AM PST

janey1806
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Dark Romance 3: The Swan Sonata Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by janey1806 on Oct 17, 15 7:53 AM
For once Im quite enjoying this game! I didnt have to use my brain much but thats ok for a relaxed saturday afternoon. Finished the demo. Has any one completed the game and can tell me how long it is? Thanks

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Dark Romance 3: The Swan Sonata Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by 9otters on Oct 17, 15 7:55 AM
Lovers of fantasy, the young, and the "young at heart" will no doubt appreciate this Dark Romance 3 fairy tale. As in the last Dark Romance, we have a bit of complexity because we play as both Odette AND Siegfried.

This game has a TOTALLY different look than the previous chapters of Dark Romance. I was delighted with the over-the-top, lush and lovely graphics. So many things to see and, like the last one, some interactive "cursor surprises".

Several different types of HOPs are made more special because of the beautiful graphics. Some of them have a bit of a twist that made them more interesting too. If you aren't a HOP lover, there is an alternate Match-3 game to play.

Mini-games/puzzles were "eye candy" and varied...all have a re-set feature.

We collect 15 statues of the story characters that will be displayed on a wedding cake. We also find pieces of a stained glass window (in plain sight), and feathers that will be used to purchase 9 items for a "Boudoir". Keep a sharp eye out, because there can be MORE than one feather in each scene. There is a feather icon by the map to help us out with remembering if we found all of them.

Twenty re-playable HOPs are listed under "Free Search" in the "Bonus Content" area. 23 mini-games are also found there, along with music, movies, etc. There are 15 achievements...game and performance related.

Four modes of play, and a jump map that can be customized by choosing different features to turn on/off. You can choose an exclamation point or a swan as your "active area" flag...a nice extra touch. Your Journal, Collectibles, Achievements, and Boudoir can also be accessed from the map.

edit: Ok. This is weird. Got the game. Throughout the ENTIRE game, anything that involved fire was invisible. The sound effect was there...just no fire. Every torch, candle flame, campfire for a pot, even the FIREFLIES, were invisible. Background fires were there. Just nothing interactive.

Also, after the demo, everything was simplistic and boring. Another "take this here, put it there, open-this-with-that" game. Lovely world. BORING game. I lost count of the number of mini-games that were the "figure out the order to push the buttons" variety. UGH. The bonus was just a story about a mermaid who trades her tail and voice for legs. Sound familiar?

Quite the disappointment.

Edited on 10/24/2015 at 5:59:40 PM PST

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Oct 17, 15 8:00 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Dark Romance 3: The Swan Sonata Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, as do the developers as well as your fellow gamers. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Dark Romance 3: The Swan Sonata Collector's Edition.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM any one of our Moderators.

bfgWaimea

[Post New]by nontechiegrannie on Oct 17, 15 6:15 PM
Second dreadful game in a row. Graphics are dated, characters are wooden & one dimensional. Music is just annoying. VO are ok considering the game. HOS/mini games are the usual sort of stuff. I don't care for lock pick puzzles or find the pieces of objects HOS. All kind of collectibles/achievements which are just not worth paying a higher price for a game. Storyline is rehashed with a villain trying to get the better of someone by using magic...ho hum. There is just no incentive for me to buy this game to find out what comes next as I probably have already figured it out.

laraly
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by laraly on Oct 19, 15 2:09 AM
I am not agreed withthe negative comments about this game!
based only on the demo, which I finished with 35 mins. left to play on 90", I truly enjoyed it!
Of course , I used a custom mode, no tutorial and other options, to make it more difficult, but the puzzles were not difficult at all! I like the graphics , the colors, the scenery and the story, and to my opinion it's worth the C E!
Maybe not be one of the best game of the year, but definetly better than others games I tried recently! Because of that, I rate it a 5-

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Oct 19, 15 1:28 PM
Hello friends! Well, we have #3 in this series...yes, I have the others as well. The colors in this game are awesome, very clean and clear. Graphics are excellent and animation is very well done. Game play was excellent with no problems during the demo and the game fit my large screen quite well. Loved the voice overs, which actually had emotion, e.g. fear, anger, sinister bad guy, etc. There are sound FX throughout the game and done quite well. Music is soothing and for once, I did not turn it way down. Still do not care for the "choose your dialog" feature that this game has..just talk already! You can click through the dialog, but you do have to choose what to say frequently, but not constantly.

HOPs are interesting, fun and varied. I found silhouettes that find items and then use with another to complete something else; find pieces (I like these occasionally, but not all the time); lists. Items are not difficult to find and the HOPs are quite clear and junk pile free. These are very well done. However, if you prefer, you can switch to the standard match 3 game. I got so engrossed in the game that I didn't even look at the SG, if there was one. This game flows extremely well. Puzzles were somewhat challenging and fun. I really like the silly "find the correct path" puzzle for some reason. Simple, but different. You have the usual achievements. Hint system is quite helpful and there is a transport feature. I like this, since you do return to other locations a lot. Yes, there is a very nice jump map, but the transport is faster.

Collectibles: All I found so far are feathers you use to purchase items for the boudoir. These are not as easy to see as you may think, and there can be multiple feathers in a scene. Another silly feature, but a nice addition to the collectibles. Also have 15 character statues to find. They are not hard to see, but you do have to pay attention to find them. Also see that we need to find 20 stained glass pieces. These are varying sizes and shapes and can be anywhere, so be on the lookout for them.

I really got into this game almost from the very beginning. Yes, the usual story, but very well done. You are constantly on the move and not just running back and forth looking for things...you move with a purpose. I think this game will appeal to all levels of players. Were it not for the "choose dialog" feature, I would have given this one a 5. However, it has just enough action, adventure, collectibles and challenge to keep you interested. Yes, I am going to add this one to my collection.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for this one at all. Thanks for the reviews.

MandP
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by MandP on Oct 26, 15 9:56 AM
I was most disappointed. This game has so many annoying features such as dated graphics, lots of errors on minigames and missnamed items in hops. Boring and annoying music.
Wasted my money on this game.
Not your usual high standard,

Go to: